HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Dispatch: Contending is Blues' top task

Old
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
WJC_Fan

vCash: 500
Post Dispatch: Contending is Blues' top task

The day of free agency comes and there is an article titled "contending is blues' top task".

After reading it, it was very apparent to me that the Blues have no interest in doing anything significant in free agency. I think the chance of us taking a run at Garrison in free agency is slim to none.

Why title the article that and then spend the majority of it discussing how mid-markets cannot do anything in free agency.

I knew that we would not be involved for the big names but a team that had 109 points is not too far away from being a legitamate Stanley Cup Contender. adding a top-four without giving up assets would most likely, pay for it self when the playoffs rolled around. If there is no signings, a significant asset (perron, berglund, etc.) will need to be moved to add that piece.

Hopefully, they prove me wrong but the spin from that article was crystal clear. DO NOT EXPECT MUCH!!

WJC_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:06 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
In other words, the Post has become a terrible newspaper.

The funniest article recently was by Burwell about Mizzou and Faurot Field. It was apparent that he is pretty much clueless on Mizzou.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:12 AM
WJC_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
In other words, the Post has become a terrible newspaper.

The funniest article recently was by Burwell about Mizzou and Faurot Field. It was apparent that he is pretty much clueless on Mizzou.
I would consider them shilling for the Blues. Get the news out that we cannot spend money and put it out there as an objective news article.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Nothing in that article seems to refute what I have thought the Blues course would be. Consider me not surprised.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
My gut tells me if they can't get Garrison or Suter, or maybe Carle, then they will try to trade route of the overpaid players. They will try and use D'Agostini and picks/prospects to try and pickup a Bouwmeester or someone else with 2 or less years left. If they can't get that, then we will be fine with Cole.

Next season we will finally have both McDonald and Perron from the start and they both will have full offseason training, which could be huge. I don't think we really have to make a big acquisition, but it would be nice.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:18 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Everything Army, you know, the guy that actually knows who is available and how much we can afford to spend, has said has me thinking the Blues will go after a top 4 Dman. Maybe it won't be Garrison, and I don't think anyone realistically expects Suter to be in the cards, but I have faith he will find someone by the start of training camp.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
WJC_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
My gut tells me if they can't get Garrison or Suter, or maybe Carle, then they will try to trade route of the overpaid players. They will try and use D'Agostini and picks/prospects to try and pickup a Bouwmeester or someone else with 2 or less years left. If they can't get that, then we will be fine with Cole.

Next season we will finally have both McDonald and Perron from the start and they both will have full offseason training, which could be huge. I don't think we really have to make a big acquisition, but it would be nice.
I hope that you are right about the Blues trying to move D'Agostini but I do not see him having a ton of value. I have a feeling that it is going to be Perron that gets moved.
With Tarasenko and Schwartz joining the lineup, these guys need to play in the top six. I cannot see us having the depth to move a center so that rules out Berglund. Perron seems the logical one to land a top-four defender

Old
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
The stuff written by JR us usually worthwhile. Pretty much anything else has been either sloppy or poorly informed, or speculation of a lower caliber than the average HF thread.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote