HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Blues Prospects Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2011, 01:30 PM
  #76
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Rattie continues to impress. After being held scoreless last Saturday, he notched 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) in the next 2 games this week. He now has 23 goals, 20 assists in 25 games this year. He's 3rd in WHL scoring.
Who does he play with? Obviously one doesn't score that much without some talent, but is it that Rattie is dominating, or feeding off his line-mates, or is he on the second line of a stacked team and thus isn't playing against the top defenders on the other team?


I'm just trying to get a better picture, since as Sonne showed, stats are not the whole picture.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:14 PM
  #77
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Who does he play with? Obviously one doesn't score that much without some talent, but is it that Rattie is dominating, or feeding off his line-mates, or is he on the second line of a stacked team and thus isn't playing against the top defenders on the other team?


I'm just trying to get a better picture, since as Sonne showed, stats are not the whole picture.
Rattie was playing on the top line for quite a while. But, if a couple of the "could be" graduates from last season would have been returned to The Hawks, he'd have probably been "demoted" to the 2nd line. But aren't we past that point? Haven't they both already played more than 9 games in The NHL?

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:15 PM
  #78
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
I hope edmundson does all right, I think he's a solid defenceman with an untapped offensive side, and if he finds that mixed with his Shea Weber like shot, he'll be scary guy to face

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:19 AM
  #79
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,694
vCash: 500
Schwartz has a 16 game pt streak going.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:13 AM
  #80
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen Beach play this season and care to give a scouting report?

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
  #81
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
Rattie with the HT after one period.

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
  #82
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Rattie now has 25 goals in 26 games. He is putting together one heck of a season.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
  #83
tfriede2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Rattie now has 25 goals in 26 games. He is putting together one heck of a season.
Make that 27 goals in 27 games (4 goals tonight, although there's still 5 minutes left). He's tied for the league lead in goals with Etem, who was drafted a year before Rattie.

Someone on this board basically laughed at me when I suggested (before this season began) that we start a "Rattie Watch" thread (because the poster didn't believe he was deserving of one)...bah.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:57 PM
  #84
Blues0307
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Make that 27 goals in 27 games (4 goals tonight, although there's still 5 minutes left). He's tied for the league lead in goals with Etem, who was drafted a year before Rattie.

Someone on this board basically laughed at me when I suggested (before this season began) that we start a "Rattie Watch" thread (because the poster didn't believe he was deserving of one)...bah.
I think it's a good idea, actually. Kid is on fire. I'm hoping he makes Canada's WJC team this year.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:40 AM
  #85
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 500
Actual NHL potential or a Brett Sonne?

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:47 AM
  #86
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,732
vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Actual NHL potential or a Brett Sonne?
I would go with actual NHL potential. Rattie is doing this at 18 and Sonne did his at 19. Sonne's season came out of nowhere and Rattie had a good season last year and is just building on it.

For Rattie to make the NHL, he really has to put some pounds and strength on though, otherwise he has no chance.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:35 AM
  #87
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Actual NHL potential or a Brett Sonne?
Sonne was projected by scouts to have a potential upside as an NHL 3rd Liner (AT BEST), as a 2-way player with modest offensive potential, before his 100 point season.

Rattie has ALWAYS been described as having excellent offensive sense, good hands, a decent shot, good moves, decent speed, etc. He's always been a scorer. Sonne was more of a semi-skilled mucker. If Rattie adds a lot of strength and muscle weight, and learns to play defence well, he should be a decent NHL forward, with a peak upside of very solid 2nd line ability.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:19 PM
  #88
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Rattie was just named WHL player of the week. He has also been invited to the WJC camp.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
  #89
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Sonne was projected by scouts to have a potential upside as an NHL 3rd Liner (AT BEST), as a 2-way player with modest offensive potential, before his 100 point season.

Rattie has ALWAYS been described as having excellent offensive sense, good hands, a decent shot, good moves, decent speed, etc. He's always been a scorer. Sonne was more of a semi-skilled mucker. If Rattie adds a lot of strength and muscle weight, and learns to play defence well, he should be a decent NHL forward, with a peak upside of very solid 2nd line ability.
Yea, all of this and more. I think Payne or some other member of the Blues staff basically said that Rattie was NHL-ready on the offensive side of the puck and they were really surprised by that in camp. Sonne's season was an anomaly. Rattie was mentioned among the best offensive players about a year leading into the draft and even though he dropped, he began with a high-skill reputation and has only improved it.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:44 PM
  #90
Blues0307
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Rattie is nothing like Sonne. It's a comparison that is brought up way too often. Different skill-sets, different skill levels, different players all together.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:53 PM
  #91
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
Rattie is nothing like Sonne. It's a comparison that is brought up way too often. Different skill-sets, different skill levels, different players all together.
Well, I'm not a hockey scout, nor have I ever seen either of these two players play. As far as I can tell, nobody has compared the two players. A few people, myself included, have asked if Rattie is the real deal, or if his stats are inflated like Sonne. I think with Rattie playing on a team with Sven Bartschi and Joe Morrow, it is a legit question.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
  #92
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 500
Jani Hakanpää 1+2=3pts tonight his new measurements are 6'6 and 218lbs

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ottelut/raportti/37164.html

Blues prospect who plays in the team named Blues


Last edited by thomast: 11-29-2011 at 01:41 PM.
thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:59 PM
  #93
ToBBa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Jani Hakanpää 1+2=3pts tonight his new measurements are 6'6 and 218lbs

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ottelut/raportti/37164.html

Blues prospect who plays in the team named Blues
This guy is just awesome. Finland's next NHL d-man.

ToBBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
  #94
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,732
vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBBa View Post
This guy is just awesome. Finland's next NHL d-man.
He looks very promising, I'm assuming he will be on the WJC team.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
  #95
ToBBa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
He looks very promising, I'm assuming he will be on the WJC team.
He is sure name there.

I have to give credit to Kekäläinen. I thought he was crazy when he drafted this B-junior but now Hakanpää seems like a steal for me.

ToBBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
  #96
Rimbe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
http://www.nelonenpro.fi/j%C3%A4%C3%...t/media/361760

You can see the highlights of the game here. Hakanpää's goal starts 4.25.

Hakanpää is ridiculously tall

Rimbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
  #97
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,732
vCash: 857
How is Hakanpaa's physical play? He is huge and we could really use a defesneman like him to use his size and lay some punishing hits and clear the crease.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:50 PM
  #98
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
How is Hakanpaa's physical play? He is huge and we could really use a defesneman like him to use his size and lay some punishing hits and clear the crease.
Solid, not very aggressive. Plays smartly and doesen't want to play himself out of the position. When he uses his body and reach he wins most of his puck battles. Might end up about 6'6-6'7 and 230+ lbs when he comes over at 13-14 season. He has room to bulk up more. He definetly has NHL potential in him.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:53 PM
  #99
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,732
vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Solid, not very aggressive. Plays smartly and doesen't want to play himself out of the position. When he uses his body and reach he wins most of his puck battles. Might end up about 6'6-6'7 and 230+ lbs when he comes over at 13-14 season. He has room to bulk up more. He definetly has NHL potential in him.
Hockey's Future says he skates fairly well for his size, has that improved any?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
  #100
ToBBa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Hockey's Future says he skates fairly well for his size, has that improved any?
I think he's that kinda guy who seems slow but moves actually pretty fast. At least his top speed is good. His acceleration is probably below average but it's also good compared to his size.

ToBBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.