HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov sent to Binghamton Senators

Old
10-13-2011, 03:39 PM
blacknite001

vCash: 500
Im a leafs fan so I have not seen him play a whole lot, but what I've seen in filatov, he tries to make plays, and I didn't think he was playing that poorly to warrent a trip to AHL. I feel bad for the guy cause it looked like he was trying out there.

On a side not why don't the sens reunite Spezza, Alfe, and throw filitov on the wing that line was magic when heatly was there that line usually killed the leafs most nights

blacknite001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGrinder View Post
I don't get why people are saying he is 21.

He already have 1 foot in the KHL door anyways. The only thing keeping him from bolting to Russia was a promise made by Ottawa to give him a shot. If anything he is going to feel lied to and betrayed.

Another mid round pick flushed by Murrdog.
I'm glad you totally have an inside track on the reasons why Filatov was sent down. Clearly you are the hockey master!

I'm sure Filatov was told what's going down and I'm sure he'll be fine with it. He wasn't terrible while he was up here, he'll get another shot once the roster is cleared up a bit.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
One of the smartest thing posted in this thread.

You win good sir.
Exactly

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ice-Tray

Guys are going to be rotated in and out of the line-up for the next while, and it will get worse when Winchester and Carkner are healthy.

We are going with 7 D tonight for example, so that's another forward spot gone.

While a few of the older prospects move in and out of the line up it would seem to me that they want Filatov playing steady top line minutes.

Look at it this way; Lee, Condra, Zeno, and Butler have all rotated in and out taking up a forward roster spot, and there is still Windchester. Zib has to stay for his 9 games so that management can get a good look at him. He may be sent back so that he can develop while relieving some of the pressure up front. Murray will have to make some roster decisions this season for certain.

I imagine that they feel that Filatov is better served having some consistency right now, in role and playing time, for the betterment of his development, and the sens just can't offer that right now to any of the young players. This is best for him and the Sens for the near and long term future.

We have one of the best AHL coaches and teams in Binghampton so I imagine that this will be really good for him; winning environment, coaching, and such.

Murray and McLean undoubtedly sat down with him and explained the situation in a positive way. The guy needs to play, and kick some a$$ for a bit, and when things settle down in Ottawa a space will be made for him and he'll be back; as long as he keeps up his side of the bargain.

My 2 cents

Last edited by Ice-Tray: 10-13-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: grammar
Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I'm sorry, But who are you?
GreasyGrinder.

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I'm sorry, But who are you?
40 seconds of crack investigative work reveals he's an Oilers fan.

... so, you know... not surprising, all things considered.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Patrick Harris View Post
I'm glad you totally have an inside track on the reasons why Filatov was sent down. Clearly you are the hockey master!

I'm sure Filatov was told what's going down and I'm sure he'll be fine with it. He wasn't terrible while he was up here, he'll get another shot once the roster is cleared up a bit.
Yeah, because you totally need to be a clairvoyant savant to know that a Russian prospect that has already bolted the KHL will likely so do again instead of reporting to the AHL.

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

I wonder why they traded for him if they're going to give him the columbus treatment that clearly didn't work for him.

We have mountains of prospects so I'm not as pissed as I could be but I do wonder what's going on here.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flamingo

This is no big deal.

Filatov's said the right things when he was cut, and when he was frustrated in the preseason. It'll be ok, he'll work hard, he'll be called back up when someone struggles or is injured.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Karlssonlee

They need to sort out all these contracts.

This is getting ridiculous.

Hanging in there Filly! You'll be a good player one day, just be patient.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
SensFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
It probably went something like this:

BM: Filatov, you haven't been playing too well, and I think you'll have a better shot at working on your game, in the top line down in Bingo, so don't take it personally when I send you down for 10 games or so.
Filatov: Damnit, ok.

or

BM: Filatov, you're the only waiver exempt, two way contract player we have right now, and we have too many, so don't take it too hard while i send you down to get top line minutes while i try and get rid of a contract or two.
Filatov: Damnit, ok.
I hope you're right, but I was just basing what I said on what has happened in the past

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
MatthewT

let him play 3-4 games with top line minutes then bring him back up

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:
Yeah, because you totally need to be a clairvoyant savant to know that a Russian prospect that has already bolted the KHL will likely so do again instead of reporting to the AHL.
Because the situations are totally identical. Because you know that. Because you're the hockey master.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
L'Aveuglette

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
He is 21. This will be very GOOD for him.
Don't get all the frustration and confusion here.
You do remember this is Nikita Filatov we are talking about, not Colin Greening, right?

Of course it could do wonders for him were he the type of hard working player with a never-give-up attitude who goes down to the AHL to prove himself, improve overall and make his way back to the big league......

....but that's not him.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
gunsnbutter

What happened to giving him every opportunity? I hope this will be a positive for him but I have huge doubts. Also not loving Alfie getting 20+ mins. A little patience, maybe?

gunsnbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Patrick Harris View Post
Because the situations are totally identical. Because you know that. Because you're the hockey master.
Don't feed the well known troll, I've come across that poster in the past as well....trust me..it's not worth it.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
themann

Two games, 1 assist, +1. Minors. If I were him, I would be running to the KHL as fast I could.

themann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:53 PM
SENSfreak_03

From Joy Lindsay

Quote:
#Sens AGM/ #BSens GM T Murray: "We’ve asked (Filatov) to play hard, have the right frame of mind, and that's what he says he’s going to do."
Quote:
Tim Murray said whether or not this is temporary is "up to Filatov." #Sens hope he's matured past problems with #AHL. #BSens

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em

Quote:
I don't get why people are saying he is 21.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Filatov
He already have 1 foot in the KHL door anyways. The only thing keeping him from bolting to Russia was a promise made by Ottawa to give him a shot. If anything he is going to feel lied to and betrayed.

Another mid round pick flushed by Murrdog.
lol epic fail post

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Hey boys, what's going on with filatov down there? I thought he played well for you guys in the pre-season and reg season he had good jump but just wasn't going his way.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:59 PM
SensFanInBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
They need to sort out all these contracts.

This is getting ridiculous.

Hanging in there Filly! You'll be a good player one day, just be patient.
This situation will also get difficult in the next few years if the prospects we have develop nicely. Ideal situation is that our org turns into a clone of the Red Wings and the young players realize that they have to earn their dues in the AHL. No free passes to the NHL unless you can demonstrate consistently that you are better than the players already in the big show. This approach also puts constant pressure on the NHL players to keep it up. Then the GM will need to show that they can move named players for good picks/prospects.

Regardless, there will be lots of player turnover in the next 3 years!

SensFanInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Lenny the Lynx

People always flip out about guys getting sent down to the AHL, its so shortsighted.

There are lots of guys playing in the AHL/CHL not because they aren't good enough to squeak onto an NHL roster - its because great things are expected of them and they can go down there and get the playing time to work on their game. They also get to play against slightly inferior competition but with top notch coaching - so they can dominate a bit and learn from their mistakes. We have an awesome coach in Bingo and a winning environment.

Filatov is a guy who is expected to dominate in this league some day - he's had a rough start but he's got a lot of potential and is still very young. He wasn't looking confident and has been taken out of the lineup - this is the best thing for him. It also might only be for a couple of games.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Philoops
I am Potato

I knew this would happen. Told everyone not to get their hopes up, I bet nikky will piss off to russia to sulk now.

Philoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
tubby

Excellent move IMO. This will make or break Filatov. Either he stays positive and plays well in the AHL, or he loses confidence and falls into the shadows. Let's see how this plays out...

tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Pre-season is just training, at least give him a 5-8 game stint on one of the top lines. Two *regular season* games doesn't mean ****, well there goes Filatov and our 3rd round pick.

I can see Filly going back to the KHL, I highly doubt he'll take it in stride, play out to his heart content and come roaring back to the NHL.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote