HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Thread Part IV: Slap, Puck, Goal, Out of Control

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

vCash: 500
The more the merrier then. As long as I don't have to hear "We Are Family" during the '79 series.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 50
Anyone else watch the pick-up game between Baylor and Washington? Wow that was a crazy 4 hours.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:44 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

I think that Washington gave up a new total yardage record in that bowl. Previous record holder: France, Louisiana Purchase

Old
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Sens1Canes2

Washington +10 looked pretty darn good halfway thru the 3rd quarter, being up by 10. Geez. I go to bed, wake up, and I've lost my bet.

In other news, my Alma mater, Campbell, played State at Reynolds Coliseum last night. If State plays like that during their ACC schedule, I'll get more of a laugh than I did last night. You'll get alums and fans yearning for the days of BOTH Lowe and Sendek.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
rusty28539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
In other news, my Alma mater, Campbell, played State at Reynolds Coliseum last night. If State plays like that during their ACC schedule, I'll get more of a laugh than I did last night. You'll get alums and fans yearning for the days of BOTH Lowe and Sendek.
I almost went to that game with my brother who goes to State, but I probably wouldve been the only Camel in the student section

Old
12-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty28539 View Post
I almost went to that game with my brother who goes to State, but I probably wouldve been the only Camel in the student section
Not at all. There were a number of orange shirts in that section. I was surprised, Campbell was extremely well represented in the crowd.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:49 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not at all. There were a number of orange shirts in that section. I was surprised, Campbell was extremely well represented in the crowd.
Because what's there to do in Buies Creek?

Old
12-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Because what's there to do in Buies Creek?
Well yeah...that and a "road" game 45 minutes away.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:57 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well yeah...that and a "road" game 45 minutes away.
Exactly. The downside is that by the time the game was over, half the town was probably closed except for the Waffle House and the drive-through at Wendy's! I speak from experience - my wife was a law student at Campbell before they moved the law school to Raleigh. This was also before there were cool things like Aviator in Fuquay to entertain one's self with.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Washington +10 looked pretty darn good halfway thru the 3rd quarter, being up by 10. Geez. I go to bed, wake up, and I've lost my bet.

This team is FAR better than either of those two ever had. We are thin and that's not Gotts fault. They already are 100 times better fundamentally. Try not to look dumb. State fans will not yearn for those guys.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Quote:

That was probably State's worst game of the year. There's no reason to think they'll keep it up.

Gottfried has these guys trying. When he gets his guys in, no one will be missing Sendek and it's insanely laughable to think anyone would miss Lowe.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
This team is FAR better than either of those two ever had. We are thin and that's not Gotts fault. They already are 100 times better fundamentally. Try not to look dumb. State fans will not yearn for those guys.
The "fundamentals" didn't look good at all last night. That's my only exposure to State so far this year, but they had no inside presence despite having a huge size advantage. For a big, thick guy, Howell doesn't really back anyone down inside the paint. And Leslie is just a lazy POS.
Anyways, I like the Gottfried hire. It's just fun to needle Staters about their past, current, and (and hopefully) future ineptitude.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Quote:
The "fundamentals" didn't look good at all last night. That's my only exposure to State so far this year, but they had no inside presence despite having a huge size advantage. For a big, thick guy, Howell doesn't really back anyone down inside the paint. And Leslie is just a lazy POS.
Anyways, I like the Gottfried hire. It's just fun to needle Staters about their past, current, and (and hopefully) future ineptitude.
We don't have any current ineptitude. We're winning games in the first year of a new system and we have the number three recruiting class in the country coming in next year to complement a pretty talented nucleus as is. There's really nothing to be unhappy about.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:26 PM
rusty28539

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Exactly. The downside is that by the time the game was over, half the town was probably closed except for the Waffle House and the drive-through at Wendy's! I speak from experience - my wife was a law student at Campbell before they moved the law school to Raleigh. This was also before there were cool things like Aviator in Fuquay to entertain one's self with.
+1000000 after about 10, there isn't anything to do in the Creek...

Old
12-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
We don't have any current ineptitude. We're winning games in the first year of a new system and we have the number three recruiting class in the country coming in next year to complement a pretty talented nucleus as is. There's really nothing to be unhappy about.
One quality win so far. I wish you had as much optimism for the Canes.
Like I said, I'm looking forward to the ACC schedule.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:25 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Just you wait. Bass Fishing season is just around the corner. We'll see who is laughing then.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Did anyone else wonder, while watching Gangs of New York, why Ilya Kovalchuk was following Leo around for the last half of the move?

Old
12-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Leslie is having one of the best years of ANY ACC player and has been anything but lazy this year. He has been knocked out of 3 games this year with a medical condition that is causing his quads to cramp so severely that he can't walk. He's taking 3 IVs a game a drinking pedialite. It's quite obvious you haven't seen much of this team. They need to learn to finish. They led Syracuse in the second half before Leslie had to leave. Same with Indiana. Not sure they are NCAA material yet, but their top 6 is probably 3rd best in the ACC

Old
12-30-2011, 11:09 PM
SCanedinavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Did anyone else wonder, while watching Gangs of New York, why Ilya Kovalchuk was following Leo around for the last half of the move?
Man I saw your username and my inner geek wanted it to be related to this rather badly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Trips_(Wild_Cards)

Old
12-31-2011, 02:39 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Wake Forest wins the prize for showing how NOT to run a 2 minute offense

Old
01-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

If you ever wanted to see what Ghostbusters would be like if the Russians tried to remake it, go see The Darkest Hour.

It's early in the year, but I'm calling it one of the worst films of 2012. Then again, Battleship still has to come out...

Old
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
If you ever wanted to see what Ghostbusters would be like if the Russians tried to remake it, go see The Darkest Hour.

It's early in the year, but I'm calling it one of the worst films of 2012. Then again, Battleship still has to come out...
Guess you didn't hear about this....

Old
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Anton H Christ
ruh-roh corvo

If you google "vin diesel megaman" there's a pic of a dog taking a dump.

Old
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Guess you didn't hear about this....

I haven't seen anything legitimate to suggest that's actually being made. Thus, it can't qualify.

Now this:

Old
01-03-2012, 01:50 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

"Imma let you finish, but 'Work it' is gonna be the worst show of all time! OF ALL TIME!!!"

Just a prediction.

Closed Thread