HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Thread Part IV: Slap, Puck, Goal, Out of Control

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

vCash: 500
Back now. Some sort of weird Matrix-y glitch in the system it would seem.

10-31-2011, 11:01 AM
smi

I could try doing the GDT for the Tampa game if that's ok. I promise I'll put at least a moderate effort into it.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Clitsome View Post
I could try doing the GDT for the Tampa game if that's ok. I promise I'll put at least a moderate effort into it.
I made a pic you can use if you want to

Old
10-31-2011, 12:50 PM
smi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
I made a pic you can use if you want to

Sure, I'll use it. Thanks!

Old
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I still love Thunderbug even after what the Lightning have done to the Canes in the last 2 meetings

Old
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Technology moves too quickly. I got an Ipod Touch (2nd gen) a couple years ago, and it's served me well since then. But now all the Apps that are being released are 3rd gen or higher (Ipad/Iphone/etc).

So I'll find an App/game that looks really cool, only to be disappointed when it says "Will not work on 2nd gen".

Old
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Technology moves too quickly. I got an Ipod Touch (2nd gen) a couple years ago, and it's served me well since then. But now all the Apps that are being released are 3rd gen or higher (Ipad/Iphone/etc).

So I'll find an App/game that looks really cool, only to be disappointed when it says "Will not work on 2nd gen".
Which is exactly why I hate Apple. And also exactly why I own their stock.

Old
10-31-2011, 04:37 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I hate Apple because Steve Jobs was a massive ******, but don't let Apple nerds know that. I was basically crucified when I told my Apple-loving roommates about just what kind of person he really was.

*disclaimer: I do not boycott Apple products. I own two iPods (standard and nano) and they've both lasted forever. I will never own a Mac or iPhone though. There are other, better options.

Old
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Chicago Made Punk
MVP #BoltUp

Didn't he scrap some charitable program Apple had been running or something like that?

Old
10-31-2011, 05:00 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Didn't he scrap some charitable program Apple had been running or something like that?
That just scratches the surface

Old
11-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Anton View Post
I hate Apple because Steve Jobs was a massive ******, but don't let Apple nerds know that. I was basically crucified when I told my Apple-loving roommates about just what kind of person he really was.

*disclaimer: I do not boycott Apple products. I own two iPods (standard and nano) and they've both lasted forever. I will never own a Mac or iPhone though. There are other, better options.
He was a dick to WORK for, but a very good human being. One of my heros.

Old
11-01-2011, 04:36 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

That's still not entirely true. Or even mostly true. He was a great business man and innovator. That's about it.

A good read:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news...une/index2.htm

Quote:
Jobs' personal abuses are also legend: He parks his Mercedes in handicapped spaces, periodically reduces subordinates to tears, and fires employees in angry tantrums. Yet many of his top deputies at Apple have worked with him for years, and even some of those who have departed say that although it's often brutal and Jobs hogs the credit, they've never done better work.
Quote:
When Jobs had his own illegitimate child, also at the age of 23, he too struggled with his responsibilities. For two years, though already wealthy, he denied paternity while Lisa's mother went on welfare. At one point Jobs even swore in a signed court document that he couldn't be Lisa's father because he was "sterile and infertile, and as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child." He later acknowledged paternity of Lisa, married Laurene Powell, a Stanford MBA, and fathered three more children. Lisa Brennan-Jobs, now 29, graduated from Harvard and is a writer.

Last edited by What the Faulk: 11-01-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old
11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

A little off topic but, hey, this is the off topic thread. If you haven't seen this by now you kinda have too...

I've seen it at least 20 times and I still laugh every time.

Old
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
A little off topic but, hey, this is the off topic thread. If you haven't seen this by now you kinda have too...

I've seen it at least 20 times and I still laugh every time.

I lol'ed.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

The brilliance of these three photoshops can not be overstated

Old
11-04-2011, 08:24 AM
geehaad

I signed up for U-Verse yesterday, and I have a short period of time to get out of it. I won't go to a dish (yet)...anyone recommend that I stick with Time Warner? I am paying the HD upgrade fee...any complications with getting FSCarolinas in HD? They tell me that I don't see it in the list of packaged channels because it's in the "local channels", but I would feel better knowing that it's there, it's in HD, and there's nothing to worry about.

As long as I get FSC, I really don't care so much about everything else...

Old
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehAAB View Post
I signed up for U-Verse yesterday, and I have a short period of time to get out of it. I won't go to a dish (yet)...anyone recommend that I stick with Time Warner? I am paying the HD upgrade fee...any complications with getting FSCarolinas in HD? They tell me that I don't see it in the list of packaged channels because it's in the "local channels", but I would feel better knowing that it's there, it's in HD, and there's nothing to worry about.

As long as I get FSC, I really don't care so much about everything else...
I've never had any problems with it... I'd stick with Time Warner.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I've heard that this weekend is the Carolina/State game. I had no idea until I read it on Twitter just now. I don't consider myself a UNC football fan, but I still don't consider that a rivalry. More importantly, one week until the Air Craft Carrier Classic, or whatever they're calling it these days.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I think the fact that there's been coverage about the rivalry throughout the entire week in the N&O qualifies it as a rivalry. Especially after UNC coach's comments.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
BabchukCanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
I've heard that this weekend is the Carolina/State game. I had no idea until I read it on Twitter just now. I don't consider myself a UNC football fan, but I still don't consider that a rivalry. More importantly, one week until the Air Craft Carrier Classic, or whatever they're calling it these days.
How do you not consider it a rivalry? Have you ever been to one of those games? The fans at them hate each other. They're the most fun games of the year. If you honestly consider UVA or Duke a bigger rival in FOOTBALL then give your head a shake.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
BabchukCanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
I think the fact that there's been coverage about the rivalry throughout the entire week in the N&O qualifies it as a rivalry. Especially after UNC coach's comments.
This. Apparently my last one didn't post. Who do you think is your rival in football? Duke? UVA? Give your a head a shake if that's your FOOTBALL rival. Basketball I can understand as NC State has not been anywhere near Duke or UNC's level in years (though Gottfried is off to a great start with the current recruiting class), but football, cmon be real.

Old
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
You really want to jumpstart the off topic thread, don't you?

Old
11-04-2011, 01:31 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

Quote:
.... the hell?

I'm not even an ACC fan, but saying that it's not a rivalry is just absurd, at the very least as far as football goes. It might not be an Auburn-Alabama type rivalry, but just because Butch seemingly didn't give a **** about it when he was at UNC doesn't mean it's not a rivalry.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabchukCanon View Post
This. Apparently my last one didn't post. Who do you think is your rival in football?
My rival in football? Furman, Georgia Southern, Wofford in recent years. Western Carolina is supposedly the big rivalry game, but they haven't been relevant for a long time. When James Madison has come into town they've been quite douchey with their bow ties and sport coats. Honestly, who wears that to a game? Playing Richmond in the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 years has led that to become a decent rivalry as well. Everyone wants to take down the champ, so ASU has a lot of teams I could consider rivals. Though, Citadel, Chattanooga and Samford usually aren't huge games. They're getting another shot at Michigan in 2014, so maybe that could become a rivalry on the level of UNC/NC State?

I'll concede that it may be different in football, and I posted mostly just to stir up trouble with the NC State fans, but most if not all other sports aren't close.

Countdown until HA calls me an idiot? 3, 2...

Old
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

The front page headline of today's Daily Tar Heel says the UNC football team's "#1 goal" is beating NC State. So there's that.

I think it's weird that Carolina has different top rivals in football and basketball, and that Duke and NC State almost specialize in one sport. It's such an odd dynamic here.

Closed Thread