HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Ales Hemsky Shoulder Injury

Old
10-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadenOil View Post
No kidding, Hall and RNH were dead after. If Hall wants to be the leader, he should've stepped up. I don't care if he's only 19 or whatever. Crosby didn't bend over like a bum at 19. This team is full of dead souls. Seriously, without Hemsky, this season is another writeoff. I don't think the other players we have will ever get to Hemsky's skill level.
Hall tried to step up, as a matter of fact IMO he tried to hard to step up. I'm not sure what game you saw, but I saw a kid that was trying to make something happen out there. It happens, players have bad games/slumps/etc. And saying that you don't think that any of our players will ever be as skilled as Hemsky is is a bit premature don't you think? What was Hemsky doing at 18 and 19 years of age? Do you really think that none of these kids are going to get better? If so, what do you base this opinion on other than baseless negativity?

10-14-2011, 02:57 AM
OilerBoy888*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yes because Hall could do nothing w/out Hemsky last year. They'll be fine once Hall learns to try not to do everything himself and always force the issue. IMO the kid has been out of sorts since the preseason. When he gets going though, look the **** out.
Hope you're right. Hall puts on the same moving going into the offenive zone. I just yawn each time, nothing really exciting anymore. He goes wide thinking he can beat the D. The D got him figured out. Same moves all night. It's worse than a broken clock. It's like Smyth skating in slapping the puck and one out of 50 times, a goalie chokes and Smyth is a hero. Example, game 5, 1997, watch the winning goal vs Dallas.

At this moment, I'd take Brad Marchand over Hall, at least Marchand buried the Canucks and submarined one of the sisters.

OilerBoy888* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:58 AM
czar99

vCash: 50
Hemsky's trade value = zero

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:01 AM
OilerBoy888*

Btw Bryan, Seguin's got more points than Hall so far, and a ring to boot, and he's only 19.

Seguin looks terrific so far. You're right, it's premature. But the first time Hemsky played, his skills were there. CrapT tried to ruin him and turned him into a checker. You can't teach skill.

OilerBoy888* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:02 AM
KingKhron

That's my favourite kind of negativity, the baseless kind.I know I am a bit of an emotional sort but I have gone up and down a few times with the kids...

Wait, that just sounds terribly wrong....-

Anyhoo, Hall does worry me at times. His skill set is undeniable but he seem stubborn at points. His chances are many, his results are few. But as there are games that make me question, there are others that convince me his is a future star. We shall see.

As for Hemsky, other than injuries, I am a giant fan. I believe that he is a 90 pt forward when the right players are found. Like Iginla could be so much more with something to center him, so Hemsky could be with the same. I think it was noticeable the difference when he went down and I don' think it was a coincidence. He was the straw that stirred the drink in the first couple games. I truly wish that he was made of some sturdier God given adamantium. (nerd alert)

Edit: that might have sounded like an Iginla comparison in points, it wasn't.

Last edited by KingKhron: 10-14-2011 at 03:18 AM.
KingKhron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Hope you're right. Hall puts on the same moving going into the offenive zone. I just yawn each time, nothing really exciting anymore. He goes wide thinking he can beat the D. The D got him figured out. Same moves all night. It's worse than a broken clock. It's like Smyth skating in slapping the puck and one out of 50 times, a goalie chokes and Smyth is a hero. Example, game 5, 1997, watch the winning goal vs Dallas.

At this moment, I'd take Brad Marchand over Hall, at least Marchand buried the Canucks and submarined one of the sisters.
Hall will be fine, he just needs to learn to mix things up a bit.

Quote:
Btw Bryan, Seguin's got more points than Hall so far, and a ring to boot, and he's only 19.

Seguin looks terrific so far. You're right, it's premature. But the first time Hemsky played, his skills were there. CrapT tried to ruin him and turned him into a checker. You can't teach skill.
Seguin is and will be a really good player, I've never doubted that. Good on him for his fast start, however Hall is our player and unlike Seguin his year was ended prematurely due to an injury so he has less NHL games under his belt than Seguin does and most certainly a lot less meaningful/big games at this level.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Broilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugs10 View Post
Seems like hemsky is out again with an injury. ( most likely shoulder ) I feel bad for the guy.. I love the guy as a player, but if he cant remain healthy this year, should we just let him walk at the end of the year without offering him another contract??
We should trade him if he becomes healthy. To mee it is not an option to keep him in the team long run since he can not help us from IR

Broilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Nacho
Special

So does this mean Omark gets time on the first line now, or its lennart and Jones again...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Live from Rexall

He'll be ok he just broke up some of the scar tissue left over from the surgery. Anyone who has ever had surgery will tell you you can still find some scar tissue a long time after. Nothing a couple ibuprofens cant take care of.

Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Philly85
Moody'

First line went kaput after Hemsky left. Hall had a pretty bad game, I'd argue RNH in his limited ice time had a better game than Hall out there, but both looked fairly lost without Hemmer. He was flying last night. Hope he's back soon.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:40 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:

boring. way better team and depth.
Seguin on this team would be about RNH level. maybe a couple steps ahead.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:40 AM
CorpseFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
This place is ridiculous. Thought maybe it was a little unwelcoming, but the posters in here are down right awful.
first time on the internet?

Old
10-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Digger12

So, who gets benched for the next game?

There certainly are lots to choose from that had worse games than Omark did vs. Pittsburgh, and Renney had no problem making an example out of him.

Anyway, 2 goals in their first 2 games doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the offense is going to be there, especially if Hemsky's out for any length of time. I'm at the point with Hemsky where I'm not expecting that he'll EVER be truly 100% healthy when it comes to his shoulders. Nearly a decade of being plastered by guys like Regehr would appear to have taken its toll.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:48 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
So, who gets benched for the next game?

There certainly are lots to choose from that had worse games than Omark did vs. Pittsburgh, and Renney had no problem making an example out of him.

Anyway, 2 goals in their first 2 games doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the offense is going to be there, especially if Hemsky's out for any length of time. I'm at the point with Hemsky where I'm not expecting that he'll EVER be truly 100% healthy when it comes to his shoulders. Nearly a decade of being plastered by guys like Regehr would appear to have taken its toll.
you can't base TOO much off of a 2 game sample, but i'm betting lots of those folks expecting 35-40 goals from hall and 65+ points from eberle are re-thinking their positions....we had the 28th best offence last year, i have *no idea* why people thought we would even become league average this year... we'll be a bottom 5-7 offence again, no doubt about it

improvement takes a long time, and we have been god-awful the past 2 years... we have a long, long, long ways to go before we are even an average offensive team

i agree with those that are saying hall needs a new trick, but i disagree with any sentiment that says he won't figure it out... he's been an elite player his entire life, i have 100% faith that he will figure out how to succeed at the NHL level... however, i still stand by my claim of hall being a "nash level" forward, a guy who will likely top-out at around 30g, 30a per season... the people calling for 35-40 goals this year are way out to lunch IMO

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:00 AM
joestevens29

I really hope it's nothing, but can we really be that lucky anymore?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
CorpseFX

Chase = lame.

"put on some muscle so your shoulders stop getting hurt."
yeah, as if thats the make or break answer to not injuring parts of your body. what a bonehead.

Old
10-14-2011, 09:13 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
Chase = lame.

"put on some muscle so your shoulders stop getting hurt."
yeah, as if thats the make or break answer to not injuring parts of your body. what a bonehead.
At this point in his career I don't even know how much muscle a guy like Hemsky would even add.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:

This.

You are amazingly smart!

And by 'amazingly smart' I mean a complete buffoon..."CrapT" ahahaha I get it...if you scrunch your eyes and hold your head underwater 'crap' kinda sounds a little bit like 'Mac'...
Yes...I love how MacT always put him out on the PK and such...

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
So does this mean Omark gets time on the first line now, or its lennart and Jones again...
hopefully eberle goes to line 1, and prv/omark on 2

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Or maybe its Hemsky. We don't know what kind of injury we're looking at here, its possible he just tweaked something and Renney was being cautious.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:08 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
I'm hoping for Eberle to the top line as well as he is in my pool. Seriously though, if Hemsky is out again, what a bad choice by management to not get whatever they could in the past out of this guy.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
bone

vCash: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Or maybe its Hemsky. We don't know what kind of injury we're looking at here, its possible he just tweaked something and Renney was being cautious.
I wouldn't mind seeing:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Belanger-Jones
MPS-Lander-Omark
Hords-Horc-Petrell

Substitute Petrell or Horcoff periodically into spots where guys may be struggling on the other three lines such that Horc still gets about 15 minutes.

bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:27 AM
NotBad*

Of course he's going to be sore. I applaud the Oilers for allowing him not to try a play through the pain as he has so many nights for us.

He will be in and out of the lineup for the next 3 months while he continues to heal. Alot of people in here have never had surgery and don't understand how long it takes to fully recover. nevermind the part about performing at an extremely high level

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
TowMater14

Hemsky is an amazing talent And this team is nowhere near as exciting to watch when he is not in the line up. Hope it is just sore due to scaring. Like him or not, this team is way better with him in our lineup.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:38 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Hemsky is an amazing talent And this team is nowhere near as exciting to watch when he is not in the line up. Hope it is just sore due to scaring. Like him or not, this team is way better with him in our lineup.
Yep and anyone that says otherwise should save this game and watch the first period with Hemsky in the lineup.

Then watch the rest of the game with him not in the lineup.

It is night and day. Hope it is nothing serious.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote