HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Arron Asham KO's Jay Beagle

Old
10-13-2011, 11:37 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

vCash: 50
Asham is awesome and both his fight and celebration were awesome.

People should just appreciate the fact that despite doing nothing wrong....he took the high road and still wanted to apologize to anyone he may have offended after the game. Especially when IMO he didn't need to apologize for anything.

Beagle started the whole thing by being an idiot and taking a swipe at Letang. He then decided to willingly go with Asham (while moronically still wearing a visor no less) and as a result of this stupidity...paid the price a few minutes later.

Sure it looked nasty, but it's not Asham's fault. Beagle brought it all on himself really by starting shananigans with Tangers. Maybe next time he'll think twice about fighting or at least...take his visor off...no?

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:37 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCup2011 View Post
Another classy Pittsburgh player mocking a seriously injured player. 2 games for Asham inc.
Asham had no idea how badly Beagle was hurt. There is no way he gets suspended.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:45 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

vCash: 500
Cant blame him for the gestures, he was jacked up on adrenaline, and didn't know he was injured like that. You could tell he felt bad about it after he sat in the box.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:47 PM
ponder

Pretty brutal fight, his mouth was absolutely destroyed and that looked like quite the concussion too. Hopefully Beagle's OK in the long run, he's a borderline NHLer as is, if you throw concussion issues into the mix he won't get much of a shot.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Sigh
Snowflake

vCash: 1415
I wonder how different this thread would be if it was Lucic dropping a non-fighter and gesturing after like that.

But damn, dude got rocked.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:39 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Odd saying Asham was both classless and classy? lol Poor move on the ice, smart one off it.
This

Always liked Asham.. Type of guy to tap you on the back after a fight......Very classless move but I beleive him that he was caught in the moment.....He has a house in Lido beach where his ex girlfriend and Daughter live and visits the beach during the summer seen him a lot in person and hes a nice guy.......Hope Beagle is alright that was pretty hard core....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigh View Post
I wonder how different this thread would be if it was Lucic dropping a non-fighter and gesturing after like that.

But damn, dude got rocked.
or Gillies.....

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:50 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

If you get in a fight and lose the other guy can mock you as much as he wants, he just knocked you out!!!!!

Enough of this hurt feelings BS these two MEN just had a fist fight in downtown Pit.

NugentHopkinsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Mr Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I thought fighting with a visor was gutless? Tie goes to the guy who can skate off under his own power I guess.
This was all about a seasoned and tough fighter manhandling a non-fighter.

Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:39 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

i certainly hope asham regrets his gesture after the fight. That was despicable. Fighting is a part of hockey, but what he did is most certainly not.

10-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Drop The Mits
KeepCalmCorsi'sWrong

holy **** knock out.

reminds me of

one, two.

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Holly **** what a bomb by Asham.

As for people calling him classless emotion took the best of him, he did some regrets what else do you want? Why did Beagle choose to throw punches at Letang a guy, not known as a fighter?

Hope he is alright though.

As for the whining from some Caps players man up and don't pick your spot, jesus.

Asham, Engelland and the human Hulk known as PunchIntyre are a tough 1,2,3 punch for every opponent. God I wish we would at least have one of them.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Asham is anything but gutless or classless.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:46 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post

As for people calling him classless emotion took the best of him, he did some regrets what else do you want? Why did Beagle choose to throw punches at Letang a guy, not known as a fighter?

As for the whining from some Caps players man up and don't pick your spot, jesus.

Asham, Engelland and the human Hulk known as PunchIntyre are a tough 1,2,3 punch for every opponent. God I wish we would at least have one of them.
...and this. Best 1-2-3 I've heard of.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:17 AM
ATG

Arron "CM Punk" Asham....GTS

Last edited by ATG: 10-14-2011 at 05:33 PM.
ATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Man Bear Pig

Good for Asham saying he was being classes and he regrets what he did. Anyone who's been in a fight on the ice before knows the adrenaline is pumping and sometimes dumb **** comes out of it.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Aaron channeled his cm punk.

Literally the first thing that came to mind when i saw that

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:31 AM
RoninsRevenge

That 1-2 KO combo followed by two perfectly executed gestures all while being centered for the camera the entire time are begging to be made into a GIF. Damn, what an absolute bomb.

RoninsRevenge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:03 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post

How ignorant can you be? Punches? He gave his hand to the mouth after being pushed by Letang. This happens all the time.

Beagle isn't a fighter so why doesn't Letang fight like a man. He is not much smaller than Green. Green fights.

Maybe next time we can play DJ King and get Letang to drop his gloves. I am sure Pens fans would say love it.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
How ignorant can you be? Punches? He gave his hand to the mouth after being pushed by Letang. This happens all the time.

Beagle isn't a fighter so why doesn't Letang fight like a man. He is not much smaller than Green. Green fights.

Maybe next time we can play DJ King and get Letang to drop his gloves. I am sure Pens fans would say love it.
How ignorant can you be?

Beagle isn't a fighter so why did he fight? He wasn't forced to, as a matter of fact he attempted the first 2 punches.

Asham stuck up for his teammate, Letang didn't want to or have to fight, there is no rule saying you HAVE to fight if someone does something to you.

Hope Beagle is alright, but he shouldn't have dropped the gloves with an NHL player who is known for fighting and grit, also Asham doesn't jump people so Beagle was more than likely okay with fighting him and lost the fight.

As for DJ King? Please play him, you won't see Letang dropping his gloves with him, that would just be stupid. You wanna play DJ King, he can choose between Asham, Engelland or MacIntyre, either way King would probably get KO'd or atleast lose to one of those 3 so it really doesn't matter.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:26 AM
RoninsRevenge

Quote:

Letang's no coward, he has fought in the past. However, he's developed into one of the leagues premier Dman, and Pittsburgh's best by far. With Orpik already out, he can't be dropping the gloves and sitting in the box for 5 minutes. He's just way too valuable. Asham however, did exactly what he's supposed to. Don't allow the opponent to get chippy with their star players. If Beagle didn't want to go with Asham, he could have declined. Instead he willingly fought an experienced fighter and got annihilated. Lesson learned hopefully.

RoninsRevenge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Yosho
Logic

I love everything in this clip - even more, the grade-school whining from some posters on here.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Arron.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
If you get in a fight and lose the other guy can mock you as much as he wants, he just knocked you out!!!!!

Enough of this hurt feelings BS these two MEN just had a fist fight in downtown Pit.
It's just not a good look for one player to be celebrating or taunting after they potentially knocked an opposing player out and they're laying on the ice injured. I'm pretty sure Asham didn't realize the situation though and either way he addressed so I'm not too worried about this incident.

Rob Scuderi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Asham didn't think he demolished Beagle, he couldn't have known that until he skated to the box and saw that Beagle was still down. You can tell that as soon as he saw Beagle was down he felt bad. But his job is to fight and stand up for his players. Maybe someone on Washington should have stood up for Beagle instead of letting him get into a scrap with an experienced fighter.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:46 AM
ds246pit

Quote:

Letang is smart enough not to drop his gloves with DJ King. But please let him try. I'd love to see what King's face looks like once Big Mac is done with him.

ds246pit is offline   Reply With Quote