HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#3 Kings @ Kovalchuk (Devils) 10/13/11 - POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
10-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Let's see how the next eight games go to end the month of October to get a good idea of what this team is or isn't capable of. I hate to make excuses and not every team gets off lighting it up every night.

They have 5 road games and 3 home games left in October. Their road games against Philly, Phoenix (2X), Dallas, and Colorado. They play at home against St. Louis, Dallas, and New Jersey (good time to exact revenge).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:01 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
You think the Devils fans booing the offsides calls don't know hockey? Most of the ones booing were seated up in the high areas where it's more difficult to see exactly whats happening.

But chalk it up to our supposed "lack of hockey knowledge". Have you know our fan base is pretty damn intelligent when it comes to hockey. Most of our fans aren't bandwagoners.

Good game.
You came in here just to post that? How about adding something of value to the discussion. Like I don't know, talk about the flow of the game, or how well the D for the devils played. Or Moose playing well.

There are no Bandwagon fans in LA. Most people don't even know we have a Hockey team in the City. I assure you we are all diehard Kings/hockey fan's.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:03 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

I think they were mostly pissed that the linesman kept getting in the way and causing the offside, not the fact that they called it offside.

And I don't think that bb is insinuating that he thinks Kings fans are bandwagoners, just that our fans aren't.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:05 AM
verbalkint47

if Murray is fired, Stevens is taking over

verbalkint47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:06 AM
damacles1156

off topic really sorry

Last edited by damacles1156: 10-14-2011 at 12:17 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalkint47 View Post
if Murray is fired, Stevens is taking over
which will be awesome, because he was driving the Flyers into the ground before Laviollette took over

People who think our team would be better with Schenn or Loki in 2c are insane. It would instantly make our 2nd line worse, and it would make our top line worse. The top line has looked sick, because for the first time ever, Kopitar isn't being used by the coach to match up against the #1 lines of other teams. If Richards wasn't here, he would be in the same role as always

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

The only no-brainer of the game was to put Stoll as one of the top 2 shooters in the SO. Why is Murray such a tard?

The guy might get us into the playoffs, but this team will never win a cup under this buffoon.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
The only no-brainer of the game was to put Stoll as one of the top 2 shooters in the SO. Why is Murray such a tard?

The guy might get us into the playoffs, but this team will never win a cup under this buffoon.
0.8/10

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Lord have mercy. Lokti is one too small for a 3rd line center and two, he isn't a checking player. He is a scorer and playmaker. And what the hell has Schenn proved at the NHL level tohave him over Richards. Absolutely NOTHING. Schenn has 2 points in 9 Nhl games at this point. He was never going to fit into TM's style, which Richards fits into perfectly. It's been 3 ****ing games people!
what si so difficult in top 9 means 3 scoring lines ???
I never mentioned Loktionov as checker.
I want him as playmaker.
And Schenn will prove himself very soon.

All that is better than an incomplete team witout any direction.

And its not about 3 games........ this crap is going on since 4 years
the Kings dont do any step forward they stay always at the same level and this is like doing steps backwards.
And before we start to point at our 90 points seasons.
If you start at 0 is even a step forward to fell over completely drunk.

For me its written in stone.............
Lombardi will never be able to complete a strong taskforce and Murray will never be able to create a hockeystyle that fits the team.

This mix isnt leading even close to a cup.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:53 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

We'll be great if we can actually play more than 20 minutes a game. Quick played good tonight, but was sad to see him look lost in the shootout! We need our money goalie back for those!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:38 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

1-1-1 to start the season is just fine by me.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
1-1-1 to start the season is just fine by me.
Pretty much. Still batting .500 with a topsy turvy top 6 that is still getting used to one another and a defenseman still ramping up finding his groove.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Ajtacker

Not sure if someone said but wasn't it New Jersey's home opener, in which case they are gonna be fired up for a win.

I'm not too worried

Ajtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:10 AM
ZJames

Im not going to worry yet. The forward group has gone through a lot of change in the offseason, and the Kings have been on the road for almost 2 weeks. It will take some time for the new lines to gel (Im hoping thats whats wrong with the bottom 6), and im sure the Kings are tired right now. How many times have they changed time zones in the last 2 weeks?

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Winger23

The Kings are a worse team with Penner in the top 6. I don't give a damn about his conditioning, or that it's his first game this year. With the current roster, Richardson needs to be in the top 6, He can create so much more than Penner out there.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:17 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
I think they were mostly pissed that the linesman kept getting in the way and causing the offside, not the fact that they called it offside.

And I don't think that bb is insinuating that he thinks Kings fans are bandwagoners, just that our fans aren't.
i wish i was a bandwagon fan, then that'd mean the Kings won more than just one playoff series in the last decade.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:28 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Im not going to worry yet. The forward group has gone through a lot of change in the offseason, and the Kings have been on the road for almost 2 weeks. It will take some time for the new lines to gel (Im hoping thats whats wrong with the bottom 6), and im sure the Kings are tired right now. How many times have they changed time zones in the last 2 weeks?
Only as many times as AEG has scheduled them to do it

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajtacker View Post
Not sure if someone said but wasn't it New Jersey's home opener, in which case they are gonna be fired up for a win.

I'm not too worried
I think they had more fans in their thread than in the stands

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Only as many times as AEG has scheduled them to do it
I mean this with great sarcasm, but I really do like it better when you aren't posting. When the Kings are winning you disappear, when they look like crap you get several posts in on a thread

Thus, I prefer the Kings when they are winning

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:32 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Penner is still taking a lot of heat from you guys ( not all but a bunch) but the guy you should be questioning is Brownie, he is still making those long passes which creates turnovers and kills his line as they are forced to back check but are a step behind and that line ends up chasing players that are set in position. Willy made a couple of those as well but Brownie clearly had the lead with stupid pass attempts.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:33 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Are we already doing this 3 games in?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:26 AM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajtacker View Post

I'm not too worried
Sorry to come in here, but no it wasn't.

You guys looked good btw.

TrentonPwnedFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
nocturn

What a boring game from the stands.

Although, from min 4-14 of the first, it was *NICE* absorbing all the mana being let out of the arena by the Devs fans that were there....all 25.

After that spurt of brilliance, I promptly gave all the mana back to the home team fans.

Good thing is is atleast we're getting a point out of a game we would have most certainly lost....the past few seasons.

....please, continue with the preperatins for the HF Mass Suicide...

Off to Phi. Hope the boys show up cause they're gonna get their ***** kicked if they dont.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Penner is still taking a lot of heat from you guys ( not all but a bunch) but the guy you should be questioning is Brownie, he is still making those long passes which creates turnovers and kills his line as they are forced to back check but are a step behind and that line ends up chasing players that are set in position. Willy made a couple of those as well but Brownie clearly had the lead with stupid pass attempts.
"The Captain" has been invisible to start the season minus a bad penalty last night. 3 games, 1 assist, 3 hits, minus 3. The captain? Between him and terry Murray I'm not sure who is the least inspiring. I think the Kings team has 10 games, if they stumble out of the gate heads will roll and it will start behind the bench. Stevens isn't the answer. This team has weapons and they need to be unleashed. The SO order should be Johnson, Stoll, Kopitar every time. And I thought the game as a whole was a good game. 2 defensive teams, one forced into that style by their archaic coach. Not panicking, not worried but I refuse to become apathetic and brush off losses for a team that needs to win consistently and find excuses to win rather than not to win. The day I say that was a good loss is the day I'm no longer passionate about the Kings.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I mean this with great sarcasm, but I really do like it better when you aren't posting. When the Kings are winning you disappear, when they look like crap you get several posts in on a thread
I second this emotion

Sincerely,

Smokey Robinson

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote