Winnepag loses 4-3

Old
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsetHabs View Post

That probably has to be the most brutal spelling of Winnipeg I've ever seen, at least they knew there was two "n"s in there.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Top line has done nothing, Kane is being wasted, and the turnovers....yikes!
I said it at least like 3 or 4 times in the GDT but it looks like I'll have to say it again. Our top line was out against either Toews' line(only in the 1st) or Bolland's line all night. Little literally didn't take a faceoff against anyone else.

Faceoffs:

Burmi - 4/11
Little - 9/21 - 6/17 against Bolland - 5/10 in Offzone - 1/5 in Defzone
Scheifele - 1/5
Slater - 5/13 - 2/4 in Offzone - 2/7 in Defzone(he needs to be better here)
Antropov - 3/5

Burmi took 7 draws in the neutral zone. Little's draws were fairly spread out. Slater obviously took most of his in the defensive zone.

The ice time among defensemen was rather spread out tonight. Kane got over 14 minutes, but he appears to be forcing things.

Team did settle down after a period in a half or more. Pavs was solid.

Burmi's game seems to have taken quite the step in the offseason(knocks on a lot of wood). Extremely quick, "nifty" was a good description I saw someone say. Dump some guy in the corner closest to the camera and caught Jonathan Toews off guard pretty bad(maybe all that walking around at Disney World did him some good). Creates space better then anyone on the team. Would do well with some speed on his line, but can do solid work on the boards with Antropov. Both have great hands.

Ohnosian was at it again with that AWFUL giveaway against Toews. Gotta know who you're out there against. Luckily, Pavs bailed him out.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

vCash: 50
IMHO Buff looks most impressive when he is carrying the puck and and leading a rush. Power forward! Put him on a forward line and bring up Postma.

But yeah, the fact that our top line is pointless in two games is slightly disturbing.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 500
Edit post

Last edited by Puckschmuck*: 10-13-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I said it at least like 3 or 4 times in the GDT but it looks like I'll have to say it again. Our top line was out against either Toews' line(only in the 1st) or Bolland's line all night. Little literally didn't take a faceoff against anyone else.

Faceoffs:

Burmi - 4/11
Little - 9/21 - 6/17 against Bolland - 5/10 in Offzone - 1/5 in Defzone
Scheifele - 1/5
Slater - 5/13 - 2/4 in Offzone - 2/7 in Defzone(he needs to be better here)
Antropov - 3/5

Burmi took 7 draws in the neutral zone. Little's draws were fairly spread out. Slater obviously took most of his in the defensive zone.

The ice time among defensemen was rather spread out tonight. Kane got over 14 minutes, but he appears to be forcing things.

Team did settle down after a period in a half or more. Pavs was solid.

Burmi's game seems to have taken quite the step in the offseason(knocks on a lot of wood). Extremely quick, "nifty" was a good description I saw someone say. Dump some guy in the corner closest to the camera and caught Jonathan Toews off guard pretty bad(maybe all that walking around at Disney World did him some good). Creates space better then anyone on the team. Would do well with some speed on his line, but can do solid work on the boards with Antropov. Both have great hands.

Ohnosian was at it again with that AWFUL giveaway against Toews. Gotta know who you're out there against. Luckily, Pavs bailed him out.
Has he always had these hands? It looks like he can stick handle out of any situation. Also, has he always been physical?

Old
10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
HPsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLbound View Post
I can some what agree with you. Stuy, and Hainsey where solid. Oduya and Buf on the pp goal did not pick anyone up or battle. Buf needs to pick it up. But yes, Enstrom, and Bogosian had rough nights. I do agree in that a lot of the giveaways are because our forwards are to far up the ice, not getting back for an outlet.
It's true. This team refuses to play as a cohesive unit. Even if were to get a quick break up our forwards will still be slowly skating back rather then quickly turning up ice for a quick break out... it seems like there is no chemistry at all. As in they way one player reads a play is totally different from how another player will read it = a broken play. It's hard to watch, hopefully Noel can figure out who plays well together. Slater, Thor and Kaner seemed to have some chemistry late in the 3rd.

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Hawker14

I don't think we're giving enough credit to the guys...

We could be embarking on a historical and legendary losing streak !!!

Plus there's always next year !!!

(Seriously though, PLEASE beat the Coyotes Saturday)

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
Okay, I hadn't seen that before the game, but they just showed it again on TSN. Get it now. Sorry JetsetHabs.
No worries man

Who were the 3 stars?

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
HPsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Has he always had these hands? It looks like he can stick handle out of any situation. Also, has he always been physical?
I was also wondering this... he looks like a mini Datsyuk with just a inch of ice. Also has been knocking people off their skates with some nice hits.

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:33 PM
ATLbound

Quote:
Always has had nice hands, just weak on the puck at times. And yes at times he will play a little physical which is good for a player like him. He just needs to work on when to use his hands and when not to, to many turnovers. And that one goal was all on him, sorry to say. He is showing flashes of a player getting better. Young player.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:33 PM
TheLastSedin

I hate that goal song, but Its good to see that Wellwood hasn't forgotten the Chicago beat downs. Next time boys, things are shaping up!

Oh yeah, mike schefelly is not rdy. send to barry, k thx/.

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:34 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:
Yes, but he wasn't as strong on the puck and wasn't as good at finding ways out of situations.

Yes, a little bit, but not like this. He has an uncanny willingness to hit people.

Old
WJG
Running and Rioting

Scheifele needs to be sent down. Forget the remaining 7 games, it's clear he's not ready yet.

Burmistrov and Antropov need to move up to the 2nd line with Kane. I don't understand why arguably our best center is centering the 3rd line.

And while we're at it, we need to pick up a 3rd line center who can win faceoffs.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Down in Great Falls, Montana at the moment (catching my flight to Phoenix in the as for the game on Saturday ). Went to a local sportsbar (pints were 1.50 during happy hours and 2.25 regular price, just goes to show how much Canada rips us off for our booze!) Anyways, I asked if they could get me a booth with a tv so I could watch the Blackhawks game. He asked me who they were playing, and I told him the Winnipeg Jets. He looks at me and says "Winnipeg? Really? I didn't know they got a team again." That was priceless

Ah, Americans and their hockey knowledge (I kid I kid!!! )

Anyways, good effort all around. However, we still seem to be sloppy, disorganized and have an overall lack of confidence for much of the time. (Wellwood falling down on the breakaway, Ladd losing his balance on a shot on net missing the puck altogether) This will take time to fix, but we do have a potential winning team. It's still going to be a loooooong season!

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

blows my mind that people are talking about Enstrom like he didn't exist before the last 2 games. he has been a top 10ish defenseman in the league for 3 years now. 1 bad game is no big deal.

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

i cant believe that anyone is actually praising pavalec....what game were you watching?...he was horrid....he made his first save as a winnipeg jet in his sixth period.

top two lines were invisible....ladd has had a terrible start....both games.

not sure i love the coach's tactic of getting in his best player's grille....benching a young star like kane in his first game under this coach seems like a recipe for disaster....its easier to get a new AHL coach than it is a top line goal scorer....if you are going to bench someone how about the block of swiss cheese between the pipes?

hainsey was good....third line was good.

we need our good players to start playing like they can....

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLbound View Post
Always has had nice hands, just weak on the puck at times. And yes at times he will play a little physical which is good for a player like him. He just needs to work on when to use his hands and when not to, to many turnovers. And that one goal was all on him, sorry to say. He is showing flashes of a player getting better. Young player.
He read that play soooooo bad. I'm not sure what the Chicago player did but it looked like he thought he dropped the puck back or was stopping. As good as he is defensively, that was very surprising at how bad he looked.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Enstrom has shown nothing in 6 periods now.Maxwell can't get back soon enough.

Would the Bruins take back Wheeler for Peverley.

Hainsey was the best D-man

Pretty tough for Scheff playing with two clowns, you guys want him sent down yet he has the same point total as Ladd, Little, Wheeler with 1/4 of the ice time, the same points as Kane with half the ice time. Put him on the PP next game a couple of times before you right him off.

leave MacLean in Phoenix after the next game, have Cormier or god help us even Stapleton take his place!
Great points

A Rotten Tomato award for Enstrom tonight.

#55 plays with an AHL calibre player with ECHL skating skills, what can be expected of him. I would hope Maclean is placed on waivers tomorrrow.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
tbcwpg

I thought the guys I was hard on for their first period really played well after the 4th goal. Pavelec struggled on the 4th goal but really recovered after that. Enstrom was good but I think if he struggles when against a really physical forward. Hossa is talented anyway but he was pushing tobi around a fair bit.

Better in the third but chemistry looks to be a problem.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:38 PM
PaperRockChamp

Jets were on their heels quite bit, scrambling.

Noticed Burmi today, he's hitting. Beginning to like Stuart more and more. Ladd captained in ATL 1st line and played 2nd/3rd line in CHI/CAR.. Can he handle leading a Canadian team AND producing 60pts? Scheif still has 7 games to start playing with confidence. I have faith in Noel regardless of some things.

Big win in Phoenix coming up!

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Yes, but he wasn't as strong on the puck and wasn't as good at finding ways out of situations.

Yes, a little bit, but not like this. He has an uncanny willingness to hit people.
That's great to hear about his physicality. I remember seeing someone get dumped in the corner and being surprised that is was Burmistrov throwing it. I would have never thought a small guy like him could dish out a check like that.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:39 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
i cant believe that anyone is actually praising pavalec....what game were you watching?...he was horrid....he made his first save as a winnipeg jet in his sixth period.

top two lines were invisible....ladd has had a terrible start....both games.

not sure i love the coach's tactic of getting in his best player's grille....benching a young star like kane in his first game under this coach seems like a recipe for disaster....its easier to get a new AHL coach than it is a top line goal scorer.

hainsey was good....third line was good.

we need our good players to start playing like they can....
What? Was he still a Thrasher for the first game? And did you miss the second period on? Him and Burmi were the two best players.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
blows my mind that people are talking about Enstrom like he didn't exist before the last 2 games. he has been a top 10ish defenseman in the league for 3 years now. 1 bad game is no big deal.
Agreed. Everyone knows of him. He was not bad or good in the first game. Just average. Tonight he was bad for majority though. We know he will bounce back. Hes not the only player who is good who is not playing like it....
Buf, Little, Ladd, Wheeler....

PP needs a lot of work. We don't have a lot of top end forward skill but still... Last year that pp unit found a way to be better.

A lot of stuff they need to work on! Lets just all hope Noel and coaching staff actually are!

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Potrzebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
how do we not have an extra second, thats ********

i saw the MB moose score with 0.6 seconds left, coached by claude noel!
I was thinking the exact same thing! I was at that playoff game against Hamilton too.

Potrzebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Considering we were playing a Stanley Cup contender I thought the Jets were okay.

This is a work in progress.

Hopefully they get a win in Phoenix.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote