HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks versus Phoenix

Old
10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
bigdinkel

vCash: 500
Chicago Blackhawks versus Phoenix

Anybody else going to the game? Last game in March, there were 20 to 1 Blackhawks to Coyotes fans and we cheered loudly during the National Anthem. I hope there's a similar turnout on Tuesday. Also does anybody know where the Blackhawks stay in Phoenix/Glendale?

bigdinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:31 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdinkel View Post
Anybody else going to the game? Last game in March, there were 20 to 1 Blackhawks to Coyotes fans and we cheered loudly during the National Anthem. I hope there's a similar turnout on Tuesday. Also does anybody know where the Blackhawks stay in Phoenix/Glendale?
Big reason for that was in coincided with spring training. Lots of people went down to take in Sox or Cubs games and then see the Hawks while they were there. I'm sure there will be a decent Hawks crowd, but nothing like I've heard from people how that was.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:54 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
When I was at ASU (pre-lockout)... The Hawks still outdrew the Yotes fans 10-1 or so. I'm not sure where they stay now but I would bet its the same hotel the Bears stayed at, which is in Glendale I believe.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Blue Liner

I might be going, haven't decided yet.

There will be a lot of Hawks fans there but probably not as many as in years past. As someone said, the last couple years they were there in March so people were there for Spring Training in droves. This season it's in February so you probably won't see quite as many but there will still be a good amount. I know a few people who are going. It's not like February isn't a great time of year to get the hell out of here and go check the Hawks out in Phoenix for a long weekend trip.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:16 PM
theWatsonMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I might be going, haven't decided yet.

There will be a lot of Hawks fans there but probably not as many as in years past. As someone said, the last couple years they were there in March so people were there for Spring Training in droves. This season it's in February so you probably won't see quite as many but there will still be a good amount. I know a few people who are going. It's not like February isn't a great time of year to get the hell out of here and go check the Hawks out in Phoenix for a long weekend trip.
I went to the game in February last year and there were still plenty of Hawks fans (8-1 probably sounds right). I was in the Midwest visiting family, but I made sure the trip ended in time to take my son to his first game on Tuesday.

theWatsonMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWatsonMason View Post
I went to the game in February last year and there were still plenty of Hawks fans (8-1 probably sounds right). I was in the Midwest visiting family, but I made sure the trip ended in time to take my son to his first game on Tuesday.
What I was saying was it likely won't be as overwhelming an amount as it would be in March. Still will be a lot, always are. The Chicago transplants living there alone make up a large number, let alone people traveling for the game. You'd definitely have plenty of company in February.

Thanks for pointing that out, though. I completely forgot they were there in February last year. I was at the game, on top of it. Sweet memory.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 02:16 PM
salty justice

Quote:
They stay at the Renaissance Marriott next to Jobing.com arena. The same place I stay

I never bother them beyond saying "hey ____" and "good luck"

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote