HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Bickell/Stanley Cup

Old
10-13-2011, 11:14 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 500
Bickell/Stanley Cup

I never realized it until tonight that Bickell's name isn't on the cup. They mentioned it during the game. I knew you had to play 40 reg season games, but I thought if you played 4 games in the playoffs you got your name on the cup? Not sure why I thought that? I just always assumed he was on there. I know he got a "day with the cup".

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:21 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I never realized it until tonight that Bickell's name isn't on the cup. They mentioned it during the game. I knew you had to play 40 reg season games, but I thought if you played 4 games in the playoffs you got your name on the cup? Not sure why I thought that? I just always assumed he was on there. I know he got a "day with the cup".
40 games in the regular season or one finals game is the criteria I believe.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:26 PM
backcheck42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
40 games in the regular season or one finals game is the criteria I believe.
41 games.

backcheck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:30 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Welp, all the more incentive for him this year.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:35 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan00 View Post
41 games.
Well **** me. I suppose that does make more sense.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Panzerspitze

Pat Foley mentioned this during the playoffs last season.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Suburbanbear

I thought that was the requirement where your name HAD to be put on the cup with the team. Teams get a certain number of names to put on in addition to those correct? They chose NOT to put on Bickells but did put Tallon's name on ...he was probably the one that pushed Bickell off. At least that was what I remember hearing back in June 10.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:13 PM
shakes the clown

Its a joke that Bickell's name isn't on the Cup yet a fraud like Eddie No-Check gets his name on the Cup despite only playing in one playoff game for the 94 Rangers.

shakes the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes the clown View Post
Its a joke that Bickell's name isn't on the Cup yet a fraud like Eddie No-Check gets his name on the Cup despite only playing in one playoff game for the 94 Rangers.

1000 games played...800 pts Yep...that mf'er is a fraud

Old
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
shakes the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanbear View Post
1000 games played...800 pts Yep...that mf'er is a fraud

Sorry, but they don't put your name on the Cup for a lifetime achievement award. Here are Eddie No-Check's amazing stats from the Cup year....

Regular Season:
GP: 37,
Goals: 3
Assists: 5
Plus/minus: -1

Playoffs:
GP: 1
Goalis: 0
Assists: 0
Plus/minus: -1

And btw, that one game played in the playoffs was NOT in the Finals. So this jackass never played a minute in the finals yet he walks around and claims to be a Cup winner. FRAUD.

Compared to Bickell's stats which weren't deemed worthy enough to warrant a spot on the Cup:

Regular Season:
Games played: 16
Goals: 3
Assists: 1
plus/minus: +4

Playoffs:
Games played: 4
goals: 1
assists: 0
plus/minus: +3

Now I'm not saying Bickell deserves to be on the Cup, but compared to No-Check he sure as hell deserves it more than that jackass. In fact, did you know that originally No-Check's name was not put on the Cup, but later the Rangers complained so much that the NHL relented and put his name on there despite not meeting the requirements for games played.

Old
10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Suburbanbear

I know that since 1994 the NHL has allowed ANY team to petition to get a players name on the cup. I also know that the Rangers DID petition for E.O. and the Hawks DID NOT for Bickell. Its their right -- I think the Rangers know better than us why they wanted this. Since the league allowed it - he's not a fraud.

But I get it -- you don't think Edzo is tremendously tremendous. I will move on now. Didn't mean for this to turn into a thread hijack.

Old
10-14-2011, 02:29 PM
LandofLincoln

Good his name isn't on the cup

It will make him want it on there this year. I think Bickell plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Bickell had a great year last year. It will be hard to top last years stats. Hawks have him underpaid by 250,000...

I like him on the 3rd line with Frolik and Bolland. Bickell is a overachiever in terms of what he brings compared to what he gets paid.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:28 PM
shakes the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post

Bickell had a great year last year. .

Old
10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
LandofLincoln

Bickell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes the clown View Post

I stand behind what I said and now I will give you a stronger response to it...And this is where I will lose you and do not expect you to reply. I usually always lose people at this point. This is where you have to use your brain and hockey knowledge which I'm betting against. Go find 3 NHL guys with 15 or more goals making 600,000 this year.

17Goals 20Assists 550,000 salary... for Bickell is a great year.

Last edited by LandofLincoln: 10-14-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: responding to d-bag
LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:48 AM
shakes the clown

Quote:
I stand behind what I said and now I will give you a stronger response to it...And this is where I will lose you and do not expect you to reply. I usually always lose people at this point. This is where you have to use your brain and hockey knowledge which I'm betting against. Go find 3 NHL guys with 15 or more goals making 600,000 this year.

There's no doubt he scored some goals last year, but to say he played "great" is an insult to the word "great". There's a lot more to hockey than putting a few pucks in the net over the course of a season.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Suburbanbear

Quote:

Its not that anyone can't understand that simplistic rationale...its just that the rationale is flawed. Bickell is a power forward with a wicked shot. He isn't really fast and his stick handling isn't going to win him awards...but he is big ...and fast enough. He did NOT have a great season for his potential...yes he did for his salary but the Hawks have higher hopes for him...with his shot and his grit and size he can easily be a 50-60 pt a year player.

Bickell finally started playing his size in the playoffs. I think he has starting out great again this year. I have very high hopes for him and really am a fan. For most people however, if they say someone had a "great" year, it would say they played up to or exceeded their potential.