HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais...

Old
10-31-2011, 09:50 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Basically the simplest way to describe it is difference between shots for and shots against while on the ice.
Got'cha.

So maybe JM uses this site to decide that Darche should play on the PP.

77.5 shots per 60 minutes when Darche plays on the PP.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Got'cha.

So maybe JM uses this site to decide that Darche should play on the PP.

77.5 shots per 60 minutes when Darche plays on the PP.
Cole leads team in pp points/60min so I doubt it.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Watching the last few games, I was under the impression his skating has improved. Am I wrong?

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:05 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Watching the last few games, I was under the impression his skating has improved. Am I wrong?
Since his operation, he've become... Different.

Gentlemen, they have rebuilt him. They had the technology. They made him better than ge was. Better... Stronger.. Faster.

He now replaces the 6-million dollar Alaskian.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM
zzoo

Pax had no point in the last two games, was Pax playing with something else than DD ? Is Cole playing better since he was with DD ? I don't know the answers.

I remember that last year, anyone that played with Gomez has struggled badly. Taking that player out of Gomez line, then he performed better.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:54 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Pax had no point in the last two games, was Pax playing with something else than DD ? Is Cole playing better since he was with DD ? I don't know the answers.

I remember that last year, anyone that played with Gomez has struggled badly. Taking that player out of Gomez line, then he performed better.
I think Maxpac is not doing well because of his wrist injury. I hope it's not psycholigical because he played twice against the Bruins.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

I would guess since Patches had less time on ice the past few games his wrist still isn't 100% so Martin is making him work less to help him.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Not sure exactly how this guy compiles his stats, but Desharnais faces the second hardest competition on our team among centres @ 5 on 5.

Plekanec, obviously, plays the hardest.

1. Plekanec
2. Desharnais
3. Gomez
4. Eller
5. Engqvist
6. Nokelainen

Nokelainen is so low, likely, because we've played the "worst" team in the league the last two games.

Blunden, to no ones surprise, faces the lowest level of opposition.

Through these same stats, it shows us that Gomez plays with best overall linemates of any player on the team @ 5 on 5. Yet he still can't produce...

On another note, for as bad as people said Engqvist was, he was never scored upon @ 5 on 5 (according to these stats).

Anyway, back on topic, the stats also show that Desharnais is in the Top-3 regular PKers with Eller & Gionta.

Regardless, it's a fun site to look over. Here it is;
Source: http://www.behindthenet.ca
You need more than 11 games for the qualcomp numbers to work themselves out (because so few goals have been scored at this point). CorsiRelQoC is far more reliable at this point and is generally the better metric overall, and it has Desharnais where you`d expect, right at the bottom of the top nine while the guys that have played shutdown this season (Moen, Gionta, Plekanec, Eller etc.) are at the top.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I think Maxpac is not doing well because of his wrist injury. I hope it's not psycholigical because he played twice against the Bruins.
No way in hell. I was there last saturday, when Pacioretty was rushing for the puck, he did it like 6 year old girls were going after him, he didn't care at all. If he had done that 1 deke to beat Rask when he was almost all the way to the blueline, the speech today would be different.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:26 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
You need more than 11 games for the qualcomp numbers to work themselves out (because so few goals have been scored at this point). CorsiRelQoC is far more reliable at this point and is generally the better metric overall, and it has Desharnais where you`d expect, right at the bottom of the top nine while the guys that have played shutdown this season (Moen, Gionta, Plekanec, Eller etc.) are at the top.
Moen has almost the worst on the team. Gionta is right in front of Desharnais, not far from him. Plekanec isn't far ahead, ranking-wise.

I have a hard time believing that stat has completely worked itself out too. I very much doubt Andreas Engqvist played better players 5 on 5 than Tomas Plekanec.

Old
10-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Moen has almost the worst on the team. Gionta is right in front of Desharnais, not far from him. Plekanec isn't far ahead, ranking-wise.

I have a hard time believing that stat has completely worked itself out too. I very much doubt Andreas Engqvist played better players 5 on 5 than Tomas Plekanec.
What are you looking at. Did you think I meant Corsi Rel because that`s different, that`s just corsi in relation to how the rest of the team played when your in the lineup while CorsiRel QoC uses the QUALCOMP method but for corsiRel instead of being based on plus minus. The key is that it runs many iterations based on who faced who and how well they did so that players with a less good relCorsi that faced lots of good players can still be considered tougher opposition, while a good relCorsi against sufficently weak players may result in being considered a weak opponent. Its more reliable, especially this early in the season because there will be 10 times as many shot events in a given time than goals.

By CorsiRel QoC Plekanec is at 1.990 (super tough) and Engqvist is at -.198 (weak). Desharnais is about were he belongs at -.466 (about 3rd line competition).

As far a Corsi Rel goes, the key reason why you find Engqvist ahead of Plekanec is that Engqvist had soft competition and an OZONE of 62.1% to Plekanec`s 37.5%. Starting in the offensive zone or defensive zone does a lot to distort shots for and against, which is why Plekanec`s corsi of 4.18 is really impressive while Engqvist`s 12.90 is nothing special.

Also none of the 4th line guys have played enough for their numbers to mean anything, Palushaj, Engqvist, Nokia and Blunden all have some pretty anomalous totals.

Desharnais`s corsi totals are a bit distorted at this point by how much he got crushed against Pittsburg. He was about -20 that game, which is so bad you`d expect him to end up with a +/- of at most -100 over an 82 game season. Its early enough in the season that one bad game can have a big effect.

Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 10-31-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...29+31+33+35+37

You could just look at the names. Look at the players these guys faced the most 5 on 5 and judge for yourself. Pretty easy to see which lines each player is being matched up against.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

within the next 2 years,David Desharnais will be the first 100 pts scorer since Naslund.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
within the next 2 years,David Desharnais will be the first 100 pts scorer since Naslund.
GTFO! Troll.

On TSN-Habs they showed DD & Cole analyzing the goal they just scored on the bench & the communication between those 2 guys was fresh to see. Almost like they were trying to cement the play & make it better.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:08 AM
OneSharpMarble

DD is a breath of fresh air, we finally have a respectable set of top 6 centres. He is doing what gomez never did with us and that is make his linemates better.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:09 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
GTFO! Troll.

On TSN-Habs they showed DD & Cole analyzing the goal they just scored on the bench & the communication between those 2 guys was fresh to see. Almost like they were trying to cement the play & make it better.
Even though Cammalleri had an amazing shift on the goal, that line has been all DD and Cole, IMO. DD and Cole have been unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
DD is a breath of fresh air, we finally have a respectable set of top 6 centres. He is doing what gomez never did with us and that is make his linemates better.
I don't know if I'd say better. But at least as good as they can be rather than turning a 30-goal scorer into Juha Lind.

Old
11-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Even though Cammalleri had an amazing shift on the goal, that line has been all DD and Cole, IMO. DD and Cole have been unreal.
Seems like some chemistry in process there.

Old
11-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Andros777

Have been a fan of Desharnais ever since he played with Thomas Beauregard in Cincinnati and they tore it up.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Player 61
#Winning

The last time I could come up with an instance of 2 guys bonding like Cole/DD this eve & talking tactics like that was, Gainey & Carbo, I mean in the seriousness of it!

We all know Cole's a Vet & has the Rep, but DD seems to want to watch learn & improve!

I'm telling you guys, this guys a keeper!

Old
11-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
The last time I could come up with an instance of 2 guys bonding like Cole/DD this eve & talking tactics like that was, Gainey & Carbo, I mean in the seriousness of it!

We all know Cole's a Vet & has the Rep, but DD seems to want to watch learn & improve!

I'm telling you guys, this guys a keeper!
Actually there Chimistry reminds me more of Savage/Koivu in October... hopefully it will last all year for them....

DD is bringing vision, something we have not seen since the departure of Koivu, not that Plekanek is not a good passer but he is a shooter as much as a passer, DD is a passer first and that typically makes your winger better.

I think these two will have there selves a good year.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Only thing I can criticize DD on is not shooting enough. I know he's a lot more of a set up guy, but he has 1 more shot than Gill. So, I would like it if he used it more often.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:11 AM
coolasprICE

4 game point streak for our 3rd line center...

gomez

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Belso

Quote:
DD is a breath of fresh air, we finally have a respectable set of top 6 centres. He is doing what Gomez never did with us and that is make his linemates better.
Desharnais has played less minutes than Plekanec and has one less point in his second NHL season. I don't care if Gomez gets paid more than the whole team combined. You have to find a way to keep him doing what he's doing. Play Gomez on the 3rd or 4th line, but don't touch Plekanec or Desharnais..

But what do I expect the "mummy" to do? Is find a place on the top 2 lines for Gomez and drastically cut Desharnais ice time.

With Gomez in the lineup, the team record was 1-5. With Gomez out of the line up the team record is 4-2. Desharnais has 5 points in the last 4 games..

I'm not blaming the losses on Gomez, just stating that they are winning without him in the line-up and Desharnais is doing very well..

So I agree with you, Desharnais has much better chemistry than Gomez and at this point Gomez has become expandable IMO. His salary is way too high and I'm just hoping he get's bought out or paced in a role where he can HELP the team. Like on penalty killing. He's got experience and he can skate the puck up ice. His production plain sucks. Sounds like a penalty killer to me.. But the Habs have a hard time having a penalty killer with a cap hit of $7.3M. But what can I do? I'm an Arm chair GM and Coach.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:18 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
DD is the third line center, matched up against bottom pairings and third/fourth lines. Plek was matched against Spezza, Eller was matched against Da Costa and for several shifts against Spezza/Michalek. DD never has more ES TOI than Eller.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:41 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
DD is the third line center, matched up against bottom pairings and third/fourth lines. Plek was matched against Spezza, Eller was matched against Da Costa and for several shifts against Spezza/Michalek. DD never has more ES TOI than Eller.
Yes, he has. The difference is less than 45-seconds per game. That's one shift differnece. Come on.