HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais...

Old
10-24-2011, 10:42 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
surround him with tougher players and he'll be good.
We have too many players like him and he's not better than Gionta and co.

he's playing with Cole/Pacc lately...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Aznrx8

He must be shifted to the wings if he wants to be valuable to the Habs.
Too many people expect too much of him expecially the french media. I'm sorry but I never saw anything special about him. He's not a bad player but not what people are expecting of him.

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Gary320

I dont see anything different from DD that I did last year. It's because we are losing that you finally realize that he may not be as great as the media shapes him up to be?

I love his heart, but this guy would be a healthy scratch or a AHLER on most teams. I love that he isn't afraid of going against big guys, but he gets moved aside like a rag doll so easily that it makes his effort just worthless.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:19 PM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I dont see anything different from DD that I did last year. It's because we are losing that you finally realize that he may not be as great as the media shapes him up to be?

I love his heart, but this guy would be a healthy scratch or a AHLER on most teams. I love that he isn't afraid of going against big guys, but he gets moved aside like a rag doll so easily that it makes his effort just worthless.

They will soon learn. DD would not be on any other team's roster, that's a fact. I've said it before. People have him hyped out to be something he's not, the best was that he was the next St-Louis, that made me fall out of my chair.

If he took growth hormones, even grew 3 inches and added 30lbs of muscle, and learned how to play in our own zone, he might have a chance of sticking it around in the nhl...

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Like I said game 1. He plays too much.
He was all over the ice in the playoffs against the Bruins. He was our best forward and Martin played him like crazy. It has nothing to do with icetime, the guy was not in game shape the moment the season started. I don't know what happened to him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't know what happened to him.
contrary to what a lot of people have said during the off-season, he is nowhere near ready to replace scott gomez. right now, he's simply being outmatched. played well with AK and patches so maybe he just need two physical wingers. he is still a third/fourth line center at the moment.

martin is giving him all the opportunity to succeed and i still have faith that he will succeed in the nhl.

that said, the man belongs on the wings. hopefully he'll get moved there once G-Love comes back

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:31 AM
habsrule22

Don t know what martin sees in DD. he hasn t done anything this year except the Colorado game. Having him and Darche on the PP is not working.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Tusk

Quote:
He was all over the ice in the playoffs against the Bruins. He was our best forward and Martin played him like crazy. It has nothing to do with icetime, the guy was not in game shape the moment the season started. I don't know what happened to him.
I'm sick of that myth. Worst one since the CAT line.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
CAT?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:08 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
contrary to what a lot of people have said during the off-season, he is nowhere near ready to replace scott gomez. right now, he's simply being outmatched. played well with AK and patches so maybe he just need two physical wingers. he is still a third/fourth line center at the moment.

martin is giving him all the opportunity to succeed and i still have faith that he will succeed in the nhl.

that said, the man belongs on the wings. hopefully he'll get moved there once G-Love comes back
problem with that is if you give him two big wingers, have Eller with two other big wingers (AK/Moen), Plekanec (our best C) becomes the biggest player on his line (playing with Camm and Gionta)... not good at all.

Old
10-25-2011, 03:13 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn? Is that that CAT line?

I remember Andrei being very good on a line with Plek and someone else when he was first called up, and people being pissed off because he wasn't put back on that line the next season... Is that what you are referring to?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
It's not a myth i'm not the kind of sheep that follows or continue saying what others have said. If I say something it's because i've seen it. Before his injury, DD was all over the ice. He was our best forward period.

But i'm beginning to think it's because he was with guys with a similar style and he was on the wings.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:28 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
his icetime in the 5 games in played in last seasons PO

9:04
10:48
7:57
11:45
15:45

not what I would call being played like crazy.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
his icetime in the 5 games in played in last seasons PO

9:04
10:48
7:57
11:45
15:45

not what I would call being played like crazy.
But he played him more and more and he played well. They put him with Gio and Gomez at the end.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:37 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
But he played him more and more and he played well. They put him with Gio and Gomez at the end.
look at the numbers... 3rd game is where he played the least, how can you pretend it's playing more and more...

in comparison, the game he played 15 minutes, guys like Gionta and Gomez played over 25 minutes... look, even Darche played 19 minutes that game...

Old
10-25-2011, 06:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
look at the numbers... 3rd game is where he played the least, how can you pretend it's playing more and more...

in comparison, the game he played 15 minutes, guys like Gionta and Gomez played over 25 minutes... look, even Darche played 19 minutes that game...
I know what I saw. He played him more and more and then he put him with Gomez and Gio and he was on fire. I had never seen Martin play DD this much.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
problem with that is if you give him two big wingers, have Eller with two other big wingers (AK/Moen), Plekanec (our best C) becomes the biggest player on his line (playing with Camm and Gionta)... not good at all.
not good at all! which is why, while gomez is injured, i support dd at center, but when gomer comes back or we trade for someone else at center, he's gotta be moved to the wing, which is what i think will happen since we just traded for noke

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:09 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

DD was awesome tonight. Just sayin'...

I'm not sure why this thread disappears suddenly when he plays very well. I think he's an upgrade over Gomez.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:11 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I think he's an upgrade over Gomez.
understatement of the year award goes to ...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Coldplay
Courage

DD is in no way an upgrade over Gomez at centre. Key word: centre. Don't jump on me just yet!

Dude struggles with face-offs and his defensive play is suspect.

He's much more suited to be a winger, and I hope he moves to the wing when Gomez comes back. He could play with Eller and Kostitsyn, two guys that can create space for him.

Good game from him tonight, but I am tired of seeing him play so much on the PP.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:16 AM
RussCourtnallsGhost

I like Desharnais, I just hate him as a center. Should be a 3rd line winger that can sub on the top 2 lines when needed.

RussCourtnallsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussCourtnallsGhost View Post
I like Desharnais, I just hate him as a center. Should be a 3rd line winger that can sub on the top 2 lines when needed.
I'm with you.

Also, he's not better than Eller. So Martin should stop treating him as if he is. Ditto for Darche on the PP.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:25 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Well if he can continue playing like tonight, he's definitely an upgrade on Gomez. That doesn't mean he's a true second line centre, but neither is Gomez. He was 53% in the circle, not too shabby. He is slowly getting his faceoffs back on track. 41% on the season from the 33% he was at a few games ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I'm with you.

Also, he's not better than Eller. So Martin should stop treating him as if he is. Ditto for Darche on the PP.
Eller isn't that far ahead of DD on faceoffs coming in at 43%. Both need to continue to improve.

DD, surprising even me, is also our best faceoff man on the PP. 68%. Maybe that's part of the reason he's on the PP.

Last edited by Mike8: 10-27-2011 at 12:43 AM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:40 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Good game from him tonight, but I am tired of seeing him play so much on the PP.
Power play is actually his strength. This is where he's the most effective. I would understand if your argument is that he plays too much on even strenght, but he makes the PP works with his good positioning and vision. And he's so much more imaginative with the puck than Gomez, that's not even close.

Also where does this "he's better suited for the wing" idea comes from? Has he ever played on the wing? Anybody here has seen him on the wing? We usually expect wingers to go in the corners and win body to body battles. I can't picture DD doing that. He's more suited in a role where he can stay behind and distribute the puck to open players. Also, we already have Cammy and Gio as smallish wingers. If DD plays on the wing too, it means we'll have 3 of them on the wings in our offensive lines.

I think our depth at center is one of our strength. I don't see it as a problem at all.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 10-27-2011 at 12:46 AM.
DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:44 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

He was great tonight. It appears as tho the Habs were going much harder on the forecheck and it created a lot of space for him. Desharnais' strenght are decision making and hockey sense in general. He'll never outmuscle anyone except maybe Nathan Gerbe so he won't be able to do anything if he's all alone out there (which was often the case in past games. he's not Martin St. Louis, he can't fly past a whole team single handedly. he's a good team player tho)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote