HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why are we always in the crosshairs?

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2011, 03:45 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
All this "negative" attention will do some good. Guys will start to think twice about taking cheap shots on guys like Letang. And don't give me that "fighting is archaic" crap. If you don't like watch baseball.

Old
10-14-2011, 03:48 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
And the Caps guys aren't? That big squeaky guy is as huge a homer as there is in the league. I remember taking an elevator at the Best Western with him right after Dino's 4 goal game against the Pens during the 1992 playoffs. All he did was say "now you'll have to salute the red, white and blue" and curse in front of my mom and dad. Its one of the reasons I hate the Caps more than any other team in the league. Its also why I did the AO "its hot" celebration to my TV during that KO last night.

As for Pens fan, you take the good with the bad like any other team. Sure there are a lot of new Pens fans but they've always had a good base. Thats something that can't be said about the Caps and their legion of newbes.
Pretty sure you're talking about the wrong guy... Joe B still gets fairly excited when the other team scores and they're not afraid to say that the caps are doing something wrong, playing bad, or to praise another team.

And that's really classless if you did that when beagle was KO'd... Just adds to my point why many people have bad views on pens fans...

And lastly, wasn't it your team that almost went bankrupt and moved out of the city a few years back? Yeah I thought so...

Old
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I believe that the Craig Laughling and broadcasting garden gnome Joe Beninati on the Caps side are as neutral as it gets.

I also have prime real estate for cheap in Pripyat.
Craig Laughling? The guy that drags out Marrrry-O? I guess we'll have to disagree on that one. IMO he need some of Ashes sleepytime meds.

Old
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
And the Caps guys aren't? That big squeaky guy is as huge a homer as there is in the league. I remember taking an elevator at the Best Western with him right after Dino's 4 goal game against the Pens during the 1992 playoffs. All he did was say "now you'll have to salute the red, white and blue" and curse in front of my mom and dad. Its one of the reasons I hate the Caps more than any other team in the league. Its also why I did the AO "its hot" celebration to my TV during that KO last night.
As for Pens fan, you take the good with the bad like any other team. Sure there are a lot of new Pens fans but they've always had a good base. Thats something that can't be said about the Caps and their legion of newbes.
YT or it didn't happen.

Old
10-14-2011, 03:53 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Pretty sure you're talking about the wrong guy... Joe B still gets fairly excited when the other team scores and they're not afraid to say that the caps are doing something wrong, playing bad, or to praise another team.

And that's really classless if you did that when beagle was KO'd... Just adds to my point why many people have bad views on pens fans...

And lastly, wasn't it your team that almost went bankrupt and moved out of the city a few years back? Yeah I thought so...
You missed 'tanking' in your Common Penguins Misconceptions Handbook

Old
10-14-2011, 03:54 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm gonna play you a little number that's close to my heart. It's called "I know I got punked, but I'm not sure how, so I'll just say something lame and hope nobody noticed."

I hope you like it. Here it goes:

Quote:

Old
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Vos

The Devils have a fan......Who'd have thunk it???

Old
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:

It's like they held a contest on how to be wrong as often as possible in one paragraph, and you won.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Its Craig Laughling. Joey B is pretty good IMO.

I could care less about Beagle. Thats not saying I wanted him hurt but I celebrated the KO of a Cap in a clean legit hockey fight. How do you not do that? Its reactionary.

Not really... You just keep paying attention to wins in Oct and let the grown up play in May and June.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Saku11

Quote:
There's really only 2 things that annoy me about the Pens...
1. The announcers are huge homers
2. There's a lot of homerish fans too. For example, I guarantee that pens fans were calling flyers fans classless for booing the cancer awareness video. But then last night, pens fans cheer while a caps player is knocked out cold and there doesn't seem to be too many Pens fans that have a problem with it. Also, pens fans trying to say that steckels collision with Crosby was a dirty hit on the part of steckel. All other NHL fans realized that it was just a collision, neither player was looking at each other, but many pens fans were still calling for a suspension.

Those are the only 2 things that bother me, not the overadvertising of the pens, or Crosby (he's the best player in the NHL and the best player to play in the league since lemieux).

Just my .02 $.
1.Hate the announcers then
2.Talking about homer fans I know only one or two fanbases that take defeat worse then you guys(not making a generalazing, just how i see it).Its always the about the refs and never about your team(and no, not just after Pens games).I remember last year when Ovie had a down year Caps fans actually said its because Bettman wants Ovie and how he "neutered" Ovie or whatever.Your team can never do anything wrong no way.Ovie whines just as much as Sid and you guys paint Sid as the antichrist and Ovie as saint.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
You missed 'tanking' in your Common Penguins Misconceptions Handbook
People also forget that in the AO-Malkin sweepstakes, the Caps raced the Pens to the bottom. They called up perennial ECHL stinkers Yeats, Charpentier, and Stana to tend goal for them, in an effort to get the worst record in the NHL, and thus, Ovechkin.

Now, I'd do the same thing if I was GMGM. But it's silly to pretend like it was the Caps trying to ice the best team possible and blast the Pens for "tanking" if your team did it in the same season, and did it just as well as we did.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
invictus

Yeah, that is one thing that always annoyed me....Look at how the two teams did over the last quarter of that season and tell me who was tanking. **** the Caps

Old
10-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Tweed

Old
10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
ThosePuckingPenguins

What I always was how everyone made a big deal that the Pens were going to be in another Winter Classic but you heard nothing about how the Flyers were going to be in another Winter Classic....

Old
10-14-2011, 04:34 PM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThosePuckingPenguins View Post
What I always was how everyone made a big deal that the Pens were going to be in another Winter Classic but you heard nothing about how the Flyers were going to be in another Winter Classic....
Here is the main reason for that, most of those people that you heard complaining where whiny Rangers and Flyers fans and No. 1, the Flyers fans aren't going to complain about being in it again and 2. The Rags fans are just happy the NHL is letting another mediocre team play in this event so they don't care who they have to play.

As far as media coverage, I truly think the winter classic buzz is wearing off some.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Saku11

Quote:
And Talbot was a turtling ***** when he was a Penguin, now as a Flyer he is a ****ing warrior and the best playoff performer ever.Jagr was an arrogant ******* when he was a Penguin, now everyone is rooting for him.Theres no doubt in my mind that when Cooke leaves the Pens, theres 50% less talking about him and he turns into a gritty veteran.I think theres two fanbases that can say they are treated unfairly and thats the Pens and the Canucks.Some pathetic stuff is said about the Nucks too.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Its Craig Laughling. Joey B is pretty good IMO.

I could care less about Beagle. Thats not saying I wanted him hurt but I celebrated the KO of a Cap in a clean legit hockey fight. How do you not do that? Its reactionary.

Not really... You just keep paying attention to wins in Oct and let the grown up play in May and June.
Yea okay buddy... The penguins and caps have both lost to the same team in the playoffs the last 2 years... Not much to brag about... And you beat the caps in the second round 3 years ago and won the cup, but the caps would've swept that series if the penguins didn't have their own team ref...

And in my first post in this thread I was being honest why I personally didn't like the penguins, and I praised your "god" Crosby, and end up getting a bunch of responses bashing me when I was just answering the OP's question. I think I proved my point in my original post. Most people don't like pens fans because there's some that are just cocky, arrogant, D bags Sorry for the actual fans that are true hockey fans and don't wear their homer glasses 24/7...

Old
10-14-2011, 04:40 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
True get some new teams in there... They need it to be in the WC next year too

Old
10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Yea okay buddy... The penguins and caps have both lost to the same team in the playoffs the last 2 years... Not much to brag about... And you beat the caps in the second round 3 years ago and won the cup, but the caps would've swept that series if the penguins didn't have their own team ref...

And in my first post in this thread I was being honest why I personally didn't like the penguins, and I praised your "god" Crosby, and end up getting a bunch of responses bashing me when I was just answering the OP's question. I think I proved my point in my original post. Most people don't like pens fans because there's some that are just cocky, arrogant, D bags Sorry for the actual fans that are true hockey fans and don't wear their homer glasses 24/7...
Care to address my points, or are you just going to act like you just got punched by Arron Asham?

Old
Tweed

Quote:

How do I report this guy?

Old
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1000
Quote:

The thing is you didn't bother responding to the multiple posts about how all fanbases have their share of homers. You completely ignored that, and instead focused on stuff to "prove your point".

If I go onto the Caps forum (I'm not going to, but just hypothetical) and list reasons why I hate the Caps, you don't think Caps fans will respond the same way Pens fans did to you?

Old
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweed View Post
How do I report this guy?
Just click the "Notify Bettman" button on the side of the post. The documentation should be in your secret Penguin Fan's manual to HF, page 34.

I trust you remember the secret code that lets you into the NHL's database to add secondary assists to Crosby's point totals? You might want to toss him a few while you're mucking around in the secret league computer system. El Sid is a bit low in the stats.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Saku11

Quote:

We took the Lightning to seven games without two of our best players and they swept you guys with all your best players.Own team ref Come on the refs gave you guys as much breaks as they could.You guys got schooled and the only player that actually showed up was Ovechkin while the rest were coasting(not surpirising when there is player like Ovi as a leader).You guys had no business to seven games.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:

Or, nobody cares what you have to say?

An anonymous nozzle jockey doesn't like the same team I do? OHHHHHHHHHNOESSSSSSSSS!

We acting this way because WE DO NOT CARE. If you wanted a fair, constructive conversation, you usually don't come in and tell us the two reasons, two asinine reasons at that, you hate us.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
1.Hate the announcers then
2.Talking about homer fans I know only one or two fanbases that take defeat worse then you guys(not making a generalazing, just how i see it).Its always the about the refs and never about your team(and no, not just after Pens games).I remember last year when Ovie had a down year Caps fans actually said its because Bettman wants Ovie and how he "neutered" Ovie or whatever.Your team can never do anything wrong no way.Ovie whines just as much as Sid and you guys paint Sid as the antichrist and Ovie as saint.
1. Yea caps fans do complain about refs. But it was mostly last year when the caps were bottom 5 in PP opportunities I believe. And it's especially bad against the pens because you have to admit the penguins always have a nice PP advantage (last night for example, also the playoff series) and there's usually some bad calls on the caps against you guys ( i.e. Schultz gets called for slash when pens guy hits his teammates stick out of his own hands and game 6, Laich gets called for slashing when Kunitz has one hand on his stick and drops it when he's barely touched)
2. Never heard anything about Bettman neutering ovechkin... Most caps fans were angry because he became lazy and wasn't creating opportunities for himself like he used to...
3. You say caps fans paint Sid as Antichrist and ovechkin as a saint but you guts do the same exact thing #dontbeahypocrite

Closed Thread