HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why are we always in the crosshairs?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2011, 03:51 PM
  #76
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Care to address my points, or are you just going to act like you just got punched by Arron Asham?
You didn't make any points you just said that the caps tanked to get ovechkin...

So here's my response, maybe they did tank but don't tell me the penguins never tanked... They had 4 top 5 picks in 5 years... You can not be that bad for 5 years if you are trying to win...

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 03:55 PM
  #77
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
1. Yea caps fans do complain about refs. But it was mostly last year when the caps were bottom 5 in PP opportunities I believe. And it's especially bad against the pens because you have to admit the penguins always have a nice PP advantage (last night for example, also the playoff series) and there's usually some bad calls on the caps against you guys ( i.e. Schultz gets called for slash when pens guy hits his teammates stick out of his own hands and game 6, Laich gets called for slashing when Kunitz has one hand on his stick and drops it when he's barely touched)
2. Never heard anything about Bettman neutering ovechkin... Most caps fans were angry because he became lazy and wasn't creating opportunities for himself like he used to...
3. You say caps fans paint Sid as Antichrist and ovechkin as a saint but you guts do the same exact thing #dontbeahypocrite
Not only do you complain about the refs, you lay the blame on them and them only.You were bottom 5 in penalties?, well maybe you should have worked harder huh?.I know its just easier to blame it on Bettman.the penguins always have a nice PP advantage because we control the games, simple.Yes a lot of fans were sayng It was Bettmans fault Ovie plays bad, because he was suspended (rightfully so) and that he became frightened to play like he used to.

Saku11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 03:56 PM
  #78
theicebox
#MonixWatch
 
theicebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Letang is a dude-magnet.

theicebox is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
  #79
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Or, nobody cares what you have to say?

An anonymous nozzle jockey doesn't like the same team I do? OHHHHHHHHHNOESSSSSSSSS!

We acting this way because WE DO NOT CARE. If you wanted a fair, constructive conversation, you usually don't come in and tell us the two reasons, two asinine reasons at that, you hate us.
My 2 reasons were actually fine...

1. Pens announcers - everyone knows they're the biggest homer announcers in the NHL, so not a big deal...
2. The pens fans that I know are huge homers and call ovechkin dirty, a winer, a choker...brag every time the penguins beat the caps...but make excuses every time the caps win...always point out that they won the cup even though it had nothing to do with the teams right now...and try to make everything that happens with the pens or anything they do seem great...so that's why I have a bad opinion on pens fans sorry...
It's nothing about the team. I mean I don't like the penguins but I like Malkin, Crosby, and Letang when they're not playing the caps, and I realize that they are a great team and have a top coach in the league. ..

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 03:58 PM
  #80
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,345
vCash: 500
I'd love to have Ovie on my team. But not as a captain. He produces, but does not lead. Until he figures out the difference, there will be no Cup in the future for the Caps.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
10-14-2011, 03:59 PM
  #81
KaylaJ
Tungsten!
 
KaylaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hell
Country: United States
Posts: 14,202
vCash: 500
In the NBA I cheer for the Spurs and even though they've done well, you're not going to see them in the next big Nike ad. I tell you this because I used to know someone who hated Crosby because of the media overexposure, but loved Lebron James. It didn't make much sense and I'd say "why is it Ok for Lebron to get exposure, but not Crosby" and he'd tell me things like "NBA is more global and people will watch the Lebron ads, but tune in for the basketball game, while the NHL is trying to make people Penguins fan". Needless to say eventually I just quit trying to rationalize with this person and moved on. It wasn't helping me and I didn't want to hurt myself trying to figure out their logic nor did I want to get into the black hole where I started comparing other fans of his team to him.

It sucks that what happened last night is overshadowing the Lokomotiv charity story and once again I'll be generalized by others because the actions of the same village idiots their team has, but it is just one of those things, you have to walk away from.

KaylaJ is online now  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
  #82
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
caps4cup.Why do you think Pens usually have the PP advantage when we play the Caps?.I just want an honest answer, cant wait to see how rational it is

Saku11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
  #83
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
1. Yea caps fans do complain about refs. But it was mostly last year when the caps were bottom 5 in PP opportunities I believe. And it's especially bad against the pens because you have to admit the penguins always have a nice PP advantage (last night for example, also the playoff series) and there's usually some bad calls on the caps against you guys ( i.e. Schultz gets called for slash when pens guy hits his teammates stick out of his own hands and game 6, Laich gets called for slashing when Kunitz has one hand on his stick and drops it when he's barely touched)
2. Never heard anything about Bettman neutering ovechkin... Most caps fans were angry because he became lazy and wasn't creating opportunities for himself like he used to...
3. You say caps fans paint Sid as Antichrist and ovechkin as a saint but you guts do the same exact thing #dontbeahypocrite
Oh. Glad you brought that up, that's one thing we forgot to mention about Pens fans guys, we are hypocrites, just like Mario.

We also forgot to add that we are a "classless organization with classless fans"

hmm... what else?

We have gutless players?

All of our players are no name goons?

Funny, I remember a time where people would call the Penguins *******, we add grit and toughness and we are dirty?

Flat Stanley is online now  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
  #84
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Not only do you complain about the refs, you lay the blame on them and them only.You were bottom 5 in penalties?, well maybe you should have worked harder huh?.I know its just easier to blame it on Bettman.the penguins always have a nice PP advantage because we control the games, simple.Yes a lot of fans were sayng It was Bettmans fault Ovie plays bad, because he was suspended (rightfully so) and that he became frightened to play like he used to.
Good point on the penalties and I agree that the pens usually do control the games... But the caps have gotten dogged in years past by bad calls and seem to always get called for borderline penalties, while there could be a clear penalty on the other team that's not called.
For example
1. 08 playoffs, clear goalie interference by the flyers gives them a wide open net and a goal in game 7, if that was called the caps most likely would've won that series, and then in OT a tripping penalty is called on a legit trip, but about 3 seconds late
2. Against Montreal in game 7, Knuble is called for goalie interference on the tying goal when the reply shows he didn't even affect halak, but halak threw back his head like he was checked and drew a penalty

Also if anyone blames a players performance on Gary Bettman, you should tell them to shut the hell up and never talk to them again.

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
  #85
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin
 
SuburbanRhythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
My 2 reasons were actually fine...

1. Pens announcers - everyone knows they're the biggest homer announcers in the NHL, so not a big deal...
2. The pens fans that I know are huge homers and call ovechkin dirty, a winer, a choker...brag every time the penguins beat the caps...but make excuses every time the caps win...always point out that they won the cup even though it had nothing to do with the teams right now...and try to make everything that happens with the pens or anything they do seem great...so that's why I have a bad opinion on pens fans sorry...
It's nothing about the team. I mean I don't like the penguins but I like Malkin, Crosby, and Letang when they're not playing the caps, and I realize that they are a great team and have a top coach in the league. ..
Great they are fine. Move along. Nobody really cares, again, that an anonymous internet poster doesn't like the same team as they do.

And the Pens fans you know? How many are we talking? 2? 3?

I hate Caps fans because

1) Fat Teddy couldn't take his building being overrun by Penguins fans, and therefore blocked 412 and 724 area codes from purchasing tickets.
2) Any group of people who think sucking on pacifiers is in anyway funny or inventive is possibly the biggest group of idiots I've ever seen assembled in one place

My reasons are fine...because they are fine. So they are right!

SuburbanRhythm is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
  #86
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Good point on the penalties and I agree that the pens usually do control the games... But the caps have gotten dogged in years past by bad calls and seem to always get called for borderline penalties, while there could be a clear penalty on the other team that's not called.
For example
1. 08 playoffs, clear goalie interference by the flyers gives them a wide open net and a goal in game 7, if that was called the caps most likely would've won that series, and then in OT a tripping penalty is called on a legit trip, but about 3 seconds late
2. Against Montreal in game 7, Knuble is called for goalie interference on the tying goal when the reply shows he didn't even affect halak, but halak threw back his head like he was checked and drew a penalty

Also if anyone blames a players performance on Gary Bettman, you should tell them to shut the hell up and never talk to them again.
Meh, things tend to even out.Capitals probably got away with something earlier and Flyers and Habs fans were saying you had the refs in your pockets.

Saku11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
  #87
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
caps4cup.Why do you think Pens usually have the PP advantage when we play the Caps?.I just want an honest answer, cant wait to see how rational it is
I replied in my previous post. But, here it goes again, the pens play a tougher more north-south game and that type of style paired with their skill as well, will draw a fair amount of penalties. I'm not complaining about the caps getting penalties against the pens, it's just odd that the pens barely ever get any against the caps considering at least last year, they were a heavily penalized team. That's why I made the joke about the pens having their own personal ref, because it's like they aren't looking at what they do, just at what happens to them...

Fair response?

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:14 PM
  #88
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Why do u guys even bother. If a special needs kid thinks the sky is green, you'll never convince him otherwise.

Which is why it's funnier to just do this:


MtlPenFan is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
  #89
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Meh, things tend to even out.Capitals probably got away with something earlier and Flyers and Habs fans were saying you had the refs in your pockets.
Have you seen the flyers goal I was talking about? I think the refs may have been blind...

Just search for the game highlights on YouTube and be prepared to get mad #frickingrefs

And... The only reason those were big deals were because they were in game 7's where one game was tied, and the other a one goal game (that goal would've tied it up)

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
  #90
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Yea okay buddy... The penguins and caps have both lost to the same team in the playoffs the last 2 years... Not much to brag about... And you beat the caps in the second round 3 years ago and won the cup, but the caps would've swept that series if the penguins didn't have their own team ref...

And in my first post in this thread I was being honest why I personally didn't like the penguins, and I praised your "god" Crosby, and end up getting a bunch of responses bashing me when I was just answering the OP's question. I think I proved my point in my original post. Most people don't like pens fans because there's some that are just cocky, arrogant, D bags Sorry for the actual fans that are true hockey fans and don't wear their homer glasses 24/7...
You almost call youself out as a newbe Caps fans. Do you even know who Dino is?

The Pens went through the Caps for all three of their cups.

Plus look around the Caps boards and you'll find a poster with Lemieux KOed from Bobby Gould in his avatar. So you have your own set of dirtbags to police.

#66 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:20 PM
  #91
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Why do u guys even bother. If a special needs kid thinks the sky is green, you'll never convince him otherwise.

Which is why it's funnier to just do this:

A pic of Reggie "Mr. Oct" Jackson might be a little better.

#66 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:20 PM
  #92
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Why do u guys even bother. If a special needs kid thinks the sky is green, you'll never convince him otherwise.

Which is why it's funnier to just do this:

Wait... Why didn't he play last night? Maybe you guys actually could've beaten the caps if he played What is that 8 losses in a row against the caps in Pittsburgh?

I can play that game too :/

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:20 PM
  #93
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
I replied in my previous post. But, here it goes again, the pens play a tougher more north-south game and that type of style paired with their skill as well, will draw a fair amount of penalties. I'm not complaining about the caps getting penalties against the pens, it's just odd that the pens barely ever get any against the caps considering at least last year, they were a heavily penalized team. That's why I made the joke about the pens having their own personal ref, because it's like they aren't looking at what they do, just at what happens to them...

Fair response?
You are making more sense now.Although i think you werent "joking" about own personal ref.Or refs are looking what the Pens do just fine, but they are just professionals and know better whats a penalty then posters here do.I cant think of a single rational reason why the refs wouldnt want to call penalties on Pens when they actually commit a penalty worthy play.

Saku11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
  #94
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Wait... Why didn't he play last night? Maybe you guys actually could've beaten the caps if he played What is that 8 losses in a row against the caps in Pittsburgh?

I can play that game too :/
Are you including playoff home losses?

MtlPenFan is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:26 PM
  #95
Hail Stannis
Registered User
 
Hail Stannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dragonstone
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
I used to hate people's attitude about us this way but I've come to embrace it. You don't see them say this about other team's because lots of people whether they hate us or not consider us one of the best teams there are. They hate us for that reason. I LOVE the fact that they hate us because we are the best. It's so funny to me to sit back and watch as other fans get infuriated by our success and what have you. I think having this attitude makes it so easy to deal with everyone hating us.

Hail Stannis is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:27 PM
  #96
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Are you including playoff home losses?
They lost because the refs ofcourse

Saku11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:27 PM
  #97
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
You almost call youself out as a newbe Caps fans. Do you even know who Dino is?

The Pens went through the Caps for all three of their cups.

Plus look around the Caps boards and you'll find a poster with Lemieux KOed from Bobby Gould in his avatar. So you have your own set of dirtbags to police.
1. Dino ciccarelli
2. That doesn't mean you should brag... That was in 09 and then about 15 years before that. Like, I'm not gonna go up to a ranger fan and say "hey how bout them 09 and '11 playoffs" because it doesn't matter anymore... It's a new year
3. Honestly I've never seen it before (I always go on mobile) but its still a dumb as **** avatar. It's stupid to have an avatar of another team, do one of yours so everyone knows your a fan of your team. And even though it's wrong, and classless, which you pointed out, I don't think one person on here has done the same about the cheering that went on while beagle was knocked out cold

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
  #98
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
I replied in my previous post. But, here it goes again, the pens play a tougher more north-south game and that type of style paired with their skill as well, will draw a fair amount of penalties. I'm not complaining about the caps getting penalties against the pens, it's just odd that the pens barely ever get any against the caps considering at least last year, they were a heavily penalized team. That's why I made the joke about the pens having their own personal ref, because it's like they aren't looking at what they do, just at what happens to them...

Fair response?
When the opposing team outshoots you 41-19 and holds you to 3 shots in the 1st and 3rd, you're going to take penalties like delay of game, holding the stick, roughing, etc.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:31 PM
  #99
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Are you including playoff home losses?
Um I said games in Pittsburgh so no... But even counting that series the caps are 13-4-2 against the pens since Boudreau took over and I'd take the caps chances against the pens in the playoffs this year any day. The caps have better offense, defense, and goalies. The only thing they're missing is a skinny, sensible coach ;(

caps4cup is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
  #100
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
The caps have better offense, defense, and goalies.;(
Do they show up in the playoffs though?.Not that i know of,Caps have lost so many times to teams under their skill level.

Saku11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.