HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Nothing impressive about losing.

Nothing.
K whatever, who cares? Can we just lock this thread up?

Old
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
K whatever, who cares? Can we just lock this thread up?
Yup.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Want Kesler? Start with Myers++ and even then I doubt the Sabres have the assets. Kesler is the heart and soul of the Canucks and won't be traded unless something ridiculous is coming the Canucks way.
This must be your idea of a ****ing joke? Myers would get the trade done alone without the "++". A Kesler with half a hip is no way shape or form worth more than Myers.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Virtanev
★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
This must be your idea of a ****ing joke? Myers would get the trade done alone without the "++". A Kesler with half a hip is no way shape or form worth more than Myers.
Oh god. The Canucks would never trade there 40 goal Selke winner for Myers, is Myers good yes? But he's nowhere near Kesler in terms of value to the Canucks. P.S you realize Kesler ins't injured anymore and will play on Tuesday right?

Old
10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
BiBoFro*

Yes, sir, i'm aware he's healed, but he's not match fit yet. He's gonna take quite some time to get back to that level. He's in the same position Malkin is in at the moment, trying to get back into game mode.

Myers could inevitably make your defense 4x better. I'd say throw in a first, for 2013.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:39 PM
SpezDispenser

I wouldn't give up Kesler for that package. It's got some quality, but you're still giving up the best player - and a guy made for the playoffs.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 755
Quote:
Want Kesler? Start with Myers++ and even then I doubt the Sabres have the assets. Kesler is the heart and soul of the Canucks and won't be traded unless something ridiculous is coming the Canucks way.
Myers PLUS?????

LOL

The Canucks would be silly to not take Myers for Kesler straight up.

Old
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Myers PLUS?????

LOL

But why? I don't like either team and I'd have to think loooong and hard about that deal. I like Kesler and I think he's ultra valuable to the Canucks if they're to win a Cup. I dare say more valuable than Myers.

So again, why?

Old
10-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Virtanev
★★★

Quote:
Myers PLUS?????

LOL

The Canucks would NEVER trade Kesler for Myers straight up. Kesler is the heart and soul of the team.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
But why? I don't like either team and I'd have to think loooong and hard about that deal. I like Kesler and I think he's ultra valuable to the Canucks if they're to win a Cup. I dare say more valuable than Myers.

So again, why?
Quote:
The Canucks would NEVER trade Kesler for Myers straight up. Kesler is the heart and soul of the team.
You are talking about a kid in Myers that hasn't nearly reached his full potential and is already a special player. The kids body has yet to fill out and his offensive and defensive games are getting better by the day. Just watch a Sabres game. I think you'd be shocked at the progression and confidence the kid is showing this year. In fact, go to the highlites of the Sabres Hurricanes game last Friday and watch the rush he made that led to the tieing goal with a few minutes left (The Sabres then lost).

I'm not downplaying Kesler but, c'mon man! Myers is a player that is a #1 defenseman and will by a Norris candidate for at least the next 10-15 years if he remains healthy.

Again, I'm not bashing Kesler but I would bet 30 GM's in the NHL, given the choice, would take Myers over Kesler.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Petey Cee
EHM IS BACK

Derek roy is a very good player... not as good as Kesler though

Samuelsson = Boyes pretty much

The two prospects are quite nice, they should develop to become top 6 power forwards

If I were Gillis I would think hard about it

Old
10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Virtanev
★★★

Quote:
You are talking about a kid in Myers that hasn't nearly reached his full potential and is already a special player. The kids body has yet to fill out and his offensive and defensive games are getting better by the day. Just watch a Sabres game. I think you'd be shocked at the progression and confidence the kid is showing this year. In fact, go to the highlites of the Sabres Hurricanes game last Friday and watch the rush he made that led to the tieing goal with a few minutes left (The Sabres then lost).

I'm not downplaying Kesler but, c'mon man! Myers is a player that is a #1 defenseman and will by a Norris candidate for at least the next 10-15 years if he remains healthy.

Again, I'm not bashing Kesler but I would bet 30 GM's in the NHL, given the choice, would take Myers over Kesler.
Have you ever watched Kesler play? How many 40 goal Selke candidates are there? Not many, Kesler isn't only elite offensively he's also a top 3 defensive forward in the league. He is the Heart and Soul of a team which made it to game 7 of the finals. I wouldn't trade Kesler for Myers, and I doubt MG would either.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:

NHL GMs don't build teams like that.

The Canucks are a strong defensive team who's window to win is now. Kesler isn't a future top scoring possible Selke winner - he is that player now, and with the makeup of the current team his impact is a lot greater right now than moving him out and improving the team's defense would be.

It's like arguing that the Pens are a better team by trading Letang for Stamkos.. Of course Stamkos is the better player but does adding him to a team that has Crosby, Malkin and Staal down the middle make them better than having Letang on d?

Of course that's a exaggerated example to prove a point, but the point still stand.

The strength of this Canucks team is having that balance down the middle - an Art Ross top playmaking center along with a Selke top goal scoring center down the middle... That has a much bigger impact to team success than adding another defender, even though he'd be the team's best, on a good defensive team, and losing that top scoring shutdown center who no one else comes close to replacing. And that doesn't even consider so many other things that impact this team's success - such as moving the grittiest top-6 forward out of a team in need of more grit in the top-6; moving a player who's key to the team's PK; moving one of the top faceoff guys in the league, from a team that openly talked about improving their faceoff ability and jumped from bottom-10 in the league to #1 last season.

This is what Kesler brings, and why Gillis would never deal him for Myers, as good as Myers is. Real NHL GMs don't make trades in a vacuum to accumulate the best talent they can.. They build teams to win, and address deficiencies in the lineup to give their team the best chance to win. And in this Canucks lineup, anyone that's actually spent time looking at the makeup of the team would know that Kesler's impact means more to their success than removing him to improve the team's defense.

Just a little thought should lead any logical fan who thinks about this, to the same conclusion.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:27 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:

Myers is a very special player - potentially a Norris candidate down the road, but you're underrating Kesler in a big, big way IMO. Here's a guy who can not only score 40 goals, but can be a checking C and grind as well. Built for the playoffs, which is precisely where the Canucks need him the most.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
It's like arguing that the Pens are a better team by trading Letang for Stamkos.. Of course Stamkos is the better player but does adding him to a team that has Crosby, Malkin and Staal down the middle make them better than having Letang on d?
Uh....not sure about this point to be honest. The Pens would be behemoths if they got Stamkos - even if the price was Letang + IMO.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Virtanev
★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Uh....not sure about this point to be honest. The Pens would be behemoths if they got Stamkos - even if the price was Letang + IMO.
Agreed. Stamkos can play wing with either Malkin or Crosby. But aside from that I completely agree with NFiTO.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

How many times has Kesler scored 40 goals?

Old
10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
The same number of times Myers has cracked 40 points?

Old
10-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Virtanev
★★★

Quote:
Whats your point? He's done it once meaning he is a 40 goal scorer. Steven Stamkos has only scored 50 goals once, do you consider him a 50 goal scorer? I know I do.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
That's the end of this one.

Closed Thread