HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Facebook Game: NHL Superstars

Old
10-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Gags89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGator401 View Post
I just lost the season 3 championship. 4-3. I guess that team was higher ranked than me.
Hmm I'm going on to my season 3 championship. I just have to get 2 tickets so I can play. My team is pretty well practiced though so I think I should be able to win it.

Gags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
what do the tickets do? I just did some surveys, and accidentally used my credits on a ticket

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

also, when I look at my statistics, why does it say beside my arena stats 1 - 0%

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Hyack57

Arena mods can add to the number of venue revenue. I'm currently at 646. So I assume if I leave and come back after 'x' time it will generate up to 646 coins. I have no idea how fast one coin generates thru revenue. Maybe one ever 5 minutes? I dunno.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
RealKrug47*

PM me here if you want to add me. need buddies that play

RealKrug47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Habitual Liar

Send a message via MSN to Habitual Liar
If anyone needs someone to play against, add Stephen Pseudonyms on FB.

Habitual Liar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Royal Canuck
SuperCam!

it seems like EA put very little effort into this app... the ratings and scores are so un-realistic and it takes forever to gain enough pucks to buy a half-decent pack... im sticking to the Xbox.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
it seems like EA put very little effort into this app... the ratings and scores are so un-realistic and it takes forever to gain enough pucks to buy a half-decent pack... im sticking to the Xbox.
On the contrary, the give you just enough to get started and get into it. It's supposed to lull you into being impatient and buying credits - which you can do but if you add up how much you'd want to spend in the long run it'd be the most expensive game you've ever played. One way to gain a lot in a short time is to just have a ton of friends playing as well and gifting. It's very much like Mafia Wars and can get addictive. I've got 5 friends playing right now so I know it's going to take forever to advance but I'm just going to be patient and plug away. It's a time killer game. And I don't have to fight my wife or my toddler for the TV to do it.

And I wouldn't be surprised that when you finish Season 5 - of which I am just starting - that the price per game will increase to 2 tickets with the final being 4 tickets for Season 6 and onward.

Old
10-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konami Code View Post
If anyone needs someone to play against, add Stephen Pseudonyms on FB.
I added you. I also added BruWins but for some reason he appeared in my game but then disappeared.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Nordic*

How do I get new players? It says I don't have enough hockey cash?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:48 AM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How do I get new players? It says I don't have enough hockey cash?
Play more games to get cash, then buy packs of players.

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:20 AM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
From many hours spent playing the NFL and MLB games on Facebook, some tips.

1. If you want to get "far" in this game, you need "friends" who play it. And lots of them. Honestly, there are people who play these games with over 1,000 "friends." Friends send you in game gifts, which is where you'll get tickets, game changers, some money. I've never spent money on FB games, but I did start a second account just for games, and added about 500 people who play these games.

2. Don't go crazy buying low end packs. Basically, as you level up, you unlock the better packs. Buy one 1* pack, one 2* star pack, one 3* star pack, one 4* pack, and then buy as many 5* packs you can.

3. Never spend coins on practice. Free practice takes five minutes.

4. Don't spend coins on fans.

5. Scrimmage your friends. I doesn't kill your practice points, and you can get up to 3 tickets that way.

6. Never, ever, EVER buy team packs. Stick with the colour packs. Colour packs guarantee you at least one new player, team packs have no guarantees and are expensive.
Good advice here.

Some additional tips: If you enjoy the game, but are frustrated with having to add tons of friends in order to get far, then consider separating your FB games from your main FB account by creating a separate FB game account. Then you won't care about gamespam mixing with your friends' updates, etc.

The ticket timer will gain back up to 4 tickets over time, but only back up to where it started - however, you can gain tickets above that mark through scrimmages and bonus tickets (like from wining a season championship). You also gain tickets from friend gifts.

Keep your team at a level where you can comfortably win most games, but then don't spend any more until you need to. Seasons will get more challenging, but very slowly, and you can gain achievements (and cash) for saving your coins, plus you can hold out for higher packs if you can reach hgiher levels with your current team.

Upgrade your stadium ASAP. That 100 coin collection timer on the main page can grow to a 1500 coin timer.

Never pay real money for these games. There's never a need to. If you want to do surveys and stuff for the game money, that's up to you but you can certainly complete collections, etc. without that also.

I generally like to play 3 matches, then leave the game up in the background to collect 2 practices to get back up to 100. Sometimes at night if I have a lot of tickets, I'll set an 8 hour practice and play 9 matches so I can get back to 100 the following day.

The player ratings are fail - no matter what team you like you'll find this to be true.

Old
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Dylonus

Just realized there was a thread on this

My team is an 87. Didn't bother with PL1 yet, but it looks to be the designed from the first Madden superstars.

The collections are baffling, as are the ratings. Daniel Cleary a 90, but Kopitar is an 89???

Leafs are a top collection but the trade-in for the Caps is only 50k?!

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
DeadGator401

I've beaten the Oilers and Avalanche. Whos next!

DeadGator401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Jeepers Creeper

Just spent credits on a 4 hour practice but didn't receive any practice points. WTF?

Jeepers Creeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLabel View Post
Just spent credits on a 4 hour practice but didn't receive any practice points. WTF?
Your team will practice for 4 hours and after that you will get 12 practice points restored.

5 min practice is free, but the longer ones do cost some credits.

Old
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack57 View Post
I love how they ask what your favourite team is and then give you a limited edition timed card just to tempt you like a carrot into playing... I get Hodgson, you get Seguin. And after the time is up they all to 20 and basically are worthless until you renew them ($).
I got Cody McCormick. My team blows.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

if you sell a card that you have duplicates of is it just the physical duplicate thats sold or do you lose that player altogether?

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
if you sell a card that you have duplicates of is it just the physical duplicate thats sold or do you lose that player altogether?
Just the duplicate is gone.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

Is there a point in holding onto all the ****** players that can't make your roster?

Should I be "collecting" them, or should I be selling them?

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by And You Feel Shame View Post
Your team will practice for 4 hours and after that you will get 12 practice points restored.

5 min practice is free, but the longer ones do cost some credits.
I believe you have 4 hours AFTER the practice ends to "claim" those practice points. Failure to do so and you lose the points so it's a waste of coins to do it. I keep my team just using the minute practices while I'm on FB and at night if I see I need 10 or 12 practice points I'll run an 8 hour drill so when I check the news in the morning I can quickly log on to FB before work and collect the points.

Old
10-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
Is there a point in holding onto all the ****** players that can't make your roster?

Should I be "collecting" them, or should I be selling them?
Most are worth, what, 250 coins back? Meh. I've been collecting them into the team collections. For every 10 for each team there is an acheivement for experience and coins.

And it reminds me of those Panini sticker books I used to do when I was a kid way back in the late 80s early 90s.

Old
10-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Dylonus

Collect every single card. Even the garbage cards. If you get all the cards from certain teams, you get a punt load of coins and special cards in the end.

Today I got a 5 star pack. Got Pavelski, Bouwmeester, Jack Johnson and two others, can't remember who.

All my centers are 90+ but my LW still have Brett Sterling (68) and Jody Shelley (61) playing

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

The game is meh

but still better then stupid homework

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:27 AM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Collect every single card. Even the garbage cards. If you get all the cards from certain teams, you get a punt load of coins and special cards in the end.

Today I got a 5 star pack. Got Pavelski, Bouwmeester, Jack Johnson and two others, can't remember who.

All my centers are 90+ but my LW still have Brett Sterling (68) and Jody Shelley (61) playing
This. You also get achievements for collecting 10(?) and 25(?) players from each team, which get you more cash to spend on packs or upgrades, etc.

I lucked out on my first 5* pack and got Crosby. 3 packs total got me to a 91 rating which seems to be enough for quite a while, so I am saving for the money achievements, then going on a spending spree.