HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4|Oct 15, 2011|Kings at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
10-15-2011, 10:58 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
i was thinking it was a sign of respect, you know how home teams boo the opposing teams star players. only five minutes into the game, the whole arena was cheering for the guy.

edit on a side note, i should probably change my avy
In all honesty, no. I don't see this happen at other arenas. I see certain players booed -- Kings fans booed Rob Blake (when he was on the Avs and Sharks) for years when he asked to be traded out of LA. But that's a single player.

It's not common to boo the the opposing team's star player.

Should Kings fans boo Simmonds?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
one thing that i wondered.. why did flyer fans boo richards when he got the puck..? You ONLY boo players who left the team.. richards was unexpectedly traded. doesnt make sense why you guys would do that.
You guys? I doubt there is many on this board that attended the game let alone booed Richards. Moreover I think the booes were more in support of the Flyers than against Richards personally. He is the opposition now so the booes are a way of getting that across. Richards had his detractors but not nearly as bad as Carter. Carter I can see being booed more for personal reasons. Heck he might soon be booed in Columbus due to their putrid start and him being goaless in 4 games....

Anyway dont know about anybody else but I am glad Richards is out west bc I can see myself not liking him against us....now I know how other teams felt.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:04 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
You guys? I doubt there is many on this board that attended the game let alone booed Richards. Moreover I think the booes were more in support of the Flyers than against Richards personally. He is the opposition now so the booes are a way of getting that across. Richards had his detractors but not nearly as bad as Carter. Carter I can see being booed more for personal reasons. Heck he might soon be booed in Columbus due to their putrid start and him being goaless in 4 games....

Anyway dont know about anybody else but I am glad Richards is out west bc I can see myself not liking him against us....now I know how other teams felt.
There were quite a few defaced Richards jerseys in the crowd. More that weren't, but one group always wants to be more heard than the other. You spend $200 on a jersey for one of your favorite players, I guess you can do whatever you want to it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
In all honesty, no. I don't see this happen at other arenas. I see certain players booed -- Kings fans booed Rob Blake (when he was on the Avs and Sharks) for years when he asked to be traded out of LA. But that's a single player.

Yes they should.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Cable

Seriously, is it really just me or is Matt Carle the worst player on the Flyers? Sure. He scored a goal tonight. Heck, anyone can score on a wide open net. However, every time I see this clown with the puck, I start to get a migraine headache. I'm positive the Los Angeles Kings fans where cheering every time this loser was on the ice, especially since they know it's going to be a turnover or some dumb play.

Now, if we can only trade him to Columbus for a few picks and then maybe do a trade with Colorado for one of their 17 defenceman it would make me feel a lot better, plus it would save us some cap room for Brayden Schenn.

By the way, can someone please speak with coach Lavy tomorrow and have his players fight a little more. I would have loved to seen a few bangers tonight. Where's Riley Cote when you need him!!!

Last edited by Cable: 10-15-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Seriously, is it really just me or is Matt Carle the worst player on the Flyers? Sure. He scored a goal tonight. Heck, anyone can score on a wide open net. However, every time I see this clown with the puck, I start to get a migraine headache. I'm sure the Los Angeles Kings fans where cheering everyone this loser had the puck, especially since they know it's going to be a turnover or some dumb play.

Now, if can we trade him to Columbus for a few picks and then maybe do a trade with Colorado for one of their 17 defenceman it would make me feel a lot better, plus it would save us some cap room for Brayden Schenn.
He's certainly not that bad, but he is terrible when shooting the puck. But he's still respectable in the defensive end.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Yes they should.
Care to explain why?

Old
10-15-2011, 11:09 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Yes they should.
Why?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Cable

These Refs stink. Way to many frickin' penalties tonight. Brendan Shanahan better get his s**t together ASAP or I'm going to sick Claude Lemieux after him.

Last edited by Cable: 10-15-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Cable

Quote:
He's certainly not that bad, but he is terrible when shooting the puck. But he's still respectable in the defensive end.

To be honest, I like our team much better now then I did before. Yes, I miss the players we traded, but when it comes to Matt Carle I just lose my *****. He's just horrible on both ends of the ice and makes way to many mistakes. If we didn't have such a good offense the past couple of years or if he didn't have Pronger, Timonen or Coburn playing with and covering for him, we would be in even more trouble.

Old
10-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
But this is WHY he doesnt need to be dressed. If he cant be controlled or his reputation is just gonna get him intro trouble and he cant be trusted, no need to have him on the team. Yea double shfiting players isnt to bad, but is not needed.
I don't think you or GKJ understand the good coaching decisions by Lavy and TM. Coaches get a feel for the game.

Rinaldo, Clifford, or Westgarth seen no ice time after the Rinaldo/Westgarth misconducts... They understood that the refs where going to kill all of the non sense.

Sometimes you people give these guys no chance at all. We seen it with Carcillo and we are seeing it again with Rinaldo. We want to talk about how undisciplined Rinaldo is but there is other guys that are being counted on showing no discipline at all.

I'm not pimping him out to be some great guy. I know what he is. A career 4th line energy player. But you people don't seem to understand he has a defined role that the coaches and management want him to play. They want him to be a part of this team.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I do notice, which means, call up Schenn and put him on the third line, move Hartnell to the 4th.

To waste his talent?

SMH

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:38 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quick question for all the people that were so concerned about Richards and really hoping he had a good game: Are you happy now?

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Cable

Did Max Talbot and Scott Hartnell play tonight? I didn't hear the announcer mention either of their names. Maybe I'm going deaf, who knows.

Old
10-15-2011, 11:49 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

Quote:
Did Max Talbot and Scott Hartnell play tonight? I didn't hear the announcer mention either of their names. Maybe I'm going deaf, who knows.
I was wondering if Talbot played for a long time. I didn't notice him until the 3rd period when they replayed the Rinaldo hit for the 50th time. That's when I finally saw Talbot.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:51 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah, Talbot had some sweet PKs.

10-15-2011, 11:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I don't think you or GKJ understand the good coaching decisions by Lavy and TM. Coaches get a feel for the game.

Rinaldo, Clifford, or Westgarth seen no ice time after the Rinaldo/Westgarth misconducts... They understood that the refs where going to kill all of the non sense.
Well, I just said that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Temperature of the game. Everything was being called, and Lavy knew that after Rinaldo and Westgarth got extra misconduct penalties. Thought the hit was charging, but that never gets called, so you take what you're given. That said, I am still against the hired dog. Anyone who dresses should be capable of playing at least 10 minutes. He'll bide his time up here while other Phantoms get ready later in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Sometimes you people give these guys no chance at all. We seen it with Carcillo and we are seeing it again with Rinaldo. We want to talk about how undisciplined Rinaldo is but there is other guys that are being counted on showing no discipline at all.

I'm not pimping him out to be some great guy. I know what he is. A career 4th line energy player. But you people don't seem to understand he has a defined role that the coaches and management want him to play. They want him to be a part of this team.
Well, I was pretty much proven right about Carcillo, at least given the trade that was made. Holmgren talked him up, said everyone loves him, they sold tee shirts, and at the end they couldn't get him out the door fast enough. And he is a better player than Rinaldo is. Look, he did his thing tonight, and didn't hurt the team. He laid someone out. He had his best game, and least among of ice time than he has in any other game. Basically, quit while he was ahead. If you do your job, shouldn't you be getting more ice time and not less? If you're a good player?

I'd rather play Matt Walker. He can hit, fight...and actually provide some other element of the game. If we're dressing someone for 1:51, give Matt Walker 3 shifts as a forward and then rotate in as a 7th defenseman. Spell aging bedrocks Pronger and Timonen for a few shifts. To me, that's more of a contribution.

Last edited by GKJ: 10-15-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old
10-15-2011, 11:57 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

Yeah it is. Watch eastern division games... or western division games. It in there. It's like a sign of respect, sort of. "hey you are the other teams best player so we're gonna razz you to try and get you off your game"
How can anybody boo simmer?

On a side note, the Crosby sucks chants are dumb. No he doesn't, not at hockey at least.

flyersjamminontheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:59 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Ticky tack game penalties but very entertaining. After 4 games and 7 pts, how can you not be freakin excited for this team?

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:07 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Did he tweet that.....sarcasm of course...
No he said it post-game, word for word, to the media, with a stone cold serious look on his face

Quote:
These Refs stink. Way to many frickin' penalties tonight. Brendan Shanahan better get his s**t together ASAP or I'm going to sick Claude Lemieux after him.
-Wasn't the refs fault we lost
-Both teams earned most of the penalties, and both teams embellished a couple
-Brendan Shanahan doesn't have anything to do with the referees
-I doubt you know Claude Lemieux. I'm calling your bluff.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Yes they should.
They won't. We would actually be cheering for him. But what you guys do in your barn is your own thing.

Good game regardless. Minus the retarded amount of penalties.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:32 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Is this the worst Flyers team in history?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:37 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Is this the worst Flyers team in history?
Clearly. Firesale.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:11 AM
BillDineen

Random thought:

Couturier has an amazing ability to shield the puck. His supposed lack of strength has been a non-issue, but just imagine how good he will be at keeping possession once he fills out.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:23 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Random thought:

Couturier has an amazing ability to shield the puck. His supposed lack of strength has been a non-issue, but just imagine how good he will be at keeping possession once he fills out.
balance. Maybe Jagr taught him