HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Big IF

Old
10-15-2011, 02:00 PM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
The Big IF

I'm not shy about supporting the direction our team has been heading. I like the drafted guys, the guys we've traded for and several recent signings. However I've also been very adamant in stating that our future success depends on a lot of ifs like any team.

If Dubs, Cally, Girardi, Staal, BR, Prust, all continue to at least match what they did last year ( Gabs you want more from)
If gabs returns to form or close to it.
If Sauer and McD, Stepan and Artie continue to improve
If MDZ stops being dumb
If hank doesnt get hurt
If out of CT, Kreider, JT, McI, Fasth, Hagelin, Bourque, Lindberg some of them make the team starting next year and develop well.
If we can put better talent at wing (prospect FA trade)

Some of those are safe "ifs" some arent.

I noticed despite it being only two games people want to indulge in their doomsday woe is me side so here's your chance. let's say the first two games ARE indicative of the fact that we are in for a nightmarish season.

So what if this year goes sour? I'll put a number next to the things I think most likely to happen.
1 Gabs gets hurt and continues to look crappy when healthy,
2 MDZ fails utterly to do anything this year and is characterized for plays like skating into his own zone and almost turning it over.
3 Dubs and Cally stay the same or regress just a little offensively and continue to experience injuries,
4 Artie doesnt really improve offensively but doesnt regress either,
5 Sauer gets hurt and next year that continues,
6 BR gets hurt,
7 Stepan struggles to improve
8 Staal's concussion keeps him off the ice all year,
9 other miscellaneous crap like McD getting hurt or Hank sustaining a long term injury
Such a disasterous season is completely possible.

My question is A) How would you rank these negatives in terms of likelihood. if you feel there's almost no chance you could simply list them as not likely and don't number them at all.
What would you suggest doing with the team, blow it up? Look to trade a guy like Dubs, Artie, Girardi, MDZ ( do you even sign MDZ back?). Would Gabs even be tradable if you wanted to trade him? (not asking you what trade you would do just asking if you would actively seek to give up on any of those individuals and trade them)

Or do you stand pat and chalk it up to having one bad season and continue to stick with this rebuild and let a young guy or two try to step onto the team next year to replace a vet like Wolski or Feds,etc. If you have FA's in mind I guess include them too. but really all I'm asking is if you'd stick with this direction should we dissappoint this season or start blowing it up?

Again base all answers off this hypothetical doomsday (even though each of the things I listed is very possible it's just as hypothetical as expecting Artie to jump to 60 pts or that gabs returns to form. it's all a bunch of If's either way but I just thought it'd be fun to see how committed we are to our current direction should our season fail miserably this year and which things we expect to go wrong)...PS if we don't make the PO's I'd expect Torts to be fired but this isn't about Torts so let's try to stay away from Torts since he's got his own thread or three going right now.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Blueblood 2

ZZZZZZZ! Time for a cocktail. No "ifs" about it!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:32 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
ZZZZZZZ! Time for a cocktail. No "ifs" about it!
Boredom and being tired of seeing all the unwarranted repeat complaints around here drove this post. If you read anywhere on these boards you'll see nothing but people dreaming up doomsday scenarios. So here's a full thread for people to give their doomsday scenarios, blow up the team if we do poorly, whatever. Perhaps you want another "OMG we're in position to contend soon" thread? Or maybe you want yet another Torts thread? Or a thread about line changes? Forgive me for actually wanting to post something different. Just waiting for 7 oclock my man. Good troll though

Old
10-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Miller Time NYR

kinda stating the obvious here no?

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 07:11 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
kinda stating the obvious here no?
If you go around the threads you'd be shocked at how much the obvious needs to be explained and broken down for people/. Shrug guess people want to whine and derail threads more than they do discuss their doomsday scenario in a doomsday thread