HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Power Play Potential

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
  #1
Windymind
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Power Play Potential

Let's tab into time and pretend Markov is back, what would be the two lines of PP?

Pacioretti-Plekanek-Camalleri
Subban-Markov

Kostitsin-Desharnais-Gionta
Weber-Diaz


Last edited by Windymind: 10-14-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Windymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:04 PM
  #2
Habsland35
Registered User
 
Habsland35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
i dont agree with having desharnais over gomez on the second unit, especially with the way des has been playing so far this season

also i really hope eller gets some pp time this year, hes extremely creative and can dish the puck pretty good...

other then that looks pretty good

edit: switch patches with AK

Habsland35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:54 AM
  #3
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Valhalla
Country: United States
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
I'd rather see markov and subban tried on separate PP units, and DD getting a chance on the wing. Darche deserves PP time as well. Something like:

unit 1:
gio-plex-cam
markov-diaz

unit 2:
Darche/AK-gomez/Eller-DD
subban-emelin/weber


Last edited by MoobMoob: 10-15-2011 at 01:07 AM.
MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:08 AM
  #4
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
I'd rather see markov and subban tried on separate PP units, and DD getting a chance on the wing. Darche deserves PP time as well. Something like:

unit 1:
Patches-plex-cam/gio
markov-diaz

unit 2:
Darche-gomez-DD/gio
subban-emelin/weber
I doubt DD would ever see PP time if you have lines like that unless maybe someone is struggling... really badly, JM wouldn't put Desharnais to replace Gionta and Cammy will always be on the PP as well.

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:11 AM
  #5
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Valhalla
Country: United States
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I doubt DD would ever see PP time if you have lines like that unless maybe someone is struggling... really badly, JM wouldn't put Desharnais to replace Gionta and Cammy will always be on the PP as well.
Yeah, I re-thought it and editted for something I actually think would work better. Patches seems more like a go-to guy for ES than PP.

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
  #6
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Front load the 1st unit, and this set up has 1-timers every which way.

Gionta-Plecks-Cammy
Subban-Markov

Second unit: the youth/future PP

Patches-DD/Eller-A Kost
Yemelin-Diaz/Weber

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 06:21 AM
  #7
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Markov Weber has potential as Weber has a bomb of a shot. I wonder if Emelin will ever get a chance as he can really shoot the puck hard as well.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 07:40 AM
  #8
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Markov - Subban

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gionta
Weber - Diaz

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:37 AM
  #9
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post
Let's tab into time and pretend Markov is back, what would be the two lines of PP?

Pacioretti-Plekanek-Camalleri
Subban-Markov

Kostitsin-Desharnais-Gionta
Weber-Diaz
What I would do is :

Patches - Plek - Cammy
Markov - Weber

Why Weber instead of Subban? Well, for starters Markov and Subban both prefers to play on the left side and with cammy on the right side, that would give two options to Markov. And Weber actually is better on the right side.

AK - Eller - Gionta
Subban - Diaz

Diaz feeds the puck to Subban just like Wiz was and he seems to prefer to pass than shoot. No Desharnais, sick and tired of him getting outmuscled every freaking shift. While I think Gomez has a good start of the season, I'm very high on Eller. The guy is a gem.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:27 AM
  #10
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
If Markov is back, I guarantee one of Diaz/Weber won't be in the lineup.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:54 AM
  #11
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
What I would do is :

Patches - Plek - Cammy
Markov - Weber

Why Weber instead of Subban? Well, for starters Markov and Subban both prefers to play on the left side and with cammy on the right side, that would give two options to Markov. And Weber actually is better on the right side.

AK - Eller - Gionta
Subban - Diaz

Diaz feeds the puck to Subban just like Wiz was and he seems to prefer to pass than shoot. No Desharnais, sick and tired of him getting outmuscled every freaking shift. While I think Gomez has a good start of the season, I'm very high on Eller. The guy is a gem.
That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I mean, the point men, not the forwards. I like Eller and I can't wait to see more of him but there is no way he should pass Gomez or even Desharnais on the PP. But having Markov with Weber, Subban with Diaz seems ideal to me.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:21 PM
  #12
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I also believe Weber will get tried out with Markov for a while.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.