HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6|Sabres@Penguins|Sat-Oct.15th-11|7:00PM|CEC

Old
10-16-2011, 12:53 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

vCash: 500
I came to this thread just to see what you guys had to say about the game, and I'm leaving offended. Sabres spelled Sabres in the OP and our logo is the goat, which we havent used in what, 6-7 years? C'mon guys!

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:59 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
He looked better tonight than he has all season. He was getting and creating chances tonight, his feet were moving. I think people can't go on a game by game basis. They base an opinion, and then put the blinders on. Some keep them on forever.

You can see that with the anti-Staal fans. No matter what the guy does, it will never be good enough.

Letestu is nearing that same category, and most people will only take the blinders off if he starts scoring because that's an easy way to measure effectiveness.
Letestu isn't a player I figured anyone would go out of their way to defend. He honestly does not do a lot of things that well. Good shot, makes some smart and nifty players at times, that's about all you're getting. I'm not really sure why anyone cares one way or another if he's on this team really. There is absolutely nothing special about him.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:58 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Letestu isn't a player I figured anyone would go out of their way to defend. He honestly does not do a lot of things that well. Good shot, makes some smart and nifty players at times, that's about all you're getting. I'm not really sure why anyone cares one way or another if he's on this team really. There is absolutely nothing special about him.
Because he's a good, cost effective player, who has 15-20 goal - 35-40 point potential, who brings a well rounded skill set and great faceoff ability.

That type of player is an asset to an organization. It's not someone you waive.

And like I said, sans the guy scoring, I don't think anyone will ever think he had a good game, which isn't how it should be.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Because he's a good, cost effective player, who has 15-20 goal - 35-40 point potential, who brings a well rounded skill set and great faceoff ability.

That type of player is an asset to an organization. It's not someone you waive.

And like I said, sans the guy scoring, I don't think anyone will ever think he had a good game, which isn't how it should be.
We'll see. I don't think every guy in the league that scores 14 goals should be labeled as having 20 goal potential. A lot of them are just 14 goal scorers and I happen to think that's the case here. He's got zero so far as opposed to catching fire a bit last year with 4, so he's already behind the eight ball. "Well-rounded skillset" is being extremely kind. He's a below average skater and has below average size. He can make some nice plays with the puck, the issue is him getting to it to make said plays.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:48 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
I came to this thread just to see what you guys had to say about the game, and I'm leaving offended. Sabres spelled Sabres in the OP and our logo is the goat, which we havent used in what, 6-7 years? C'mon guys!
Seems like you get offended easily. OP just having fun with GDT.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:55 AM
5 Minute Major

Sabres fan here. Wow, you guys have a nice team but that isn't a surprise. Watching the game last night all I could think about is how good you guys will be when you get all your walking wounded back. Definitely should be THE favorite to win the Cup.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 04:37 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
We'll see. I don't think every guy in the league that scores 14 goals should be labeled as having 20 goal potential. A lot of them are just 14 goal scorers and I happen to think that's the case here. He's got zero so far as opposed to catching fire a bit last year with 4, so he's already behind the eight ball. "Well-rounded skillset" is being extremely kind. He's a below average skater and has below average size. He can make some nice plays with the puck, the issue is him getting to it to make said plays.
He made 3 good offensive plays last night. They didn't just go in the net. The only time his speed hinders him is off the rush when the puck is being pushed up ice quickly.

Last year he scored 14 goals in 64 games. Not hard to imagine that if he'd played a whole season he would have easily been in the 15-20 goal area.

Letestu is also 5'11 195. That's really not undersized. He could use some strength though.

He can score as well as he sets up. He's not just some junk, run-of-the-mill player, and that's what most people make him sound like.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
mpp9

I liked that DB mixed the lines up. Would have rather seen Vitale center TK and Cooke while Letestu centered the 4th.

Maybe Letestu going up against 3rd pairings regularly will get him going again.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Any pens fan opinions on the play of Leino in that game?

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Any pens fan opinions on the play of Leino in that game?
Thought there was a game tonight. Don't bump old threads. >_>

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote