HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Should the Otters look to next year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2011, 05:00 AM
  #51
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Management always ask the players to "check their ego at the door"... why can't management do the same? Bassin needs to take a good look in the mirror and realize he is doing that franchise and its fans a HUGE disservice by remaining as the GM. He obviously has no clue how to run a current OHL team.

Dave Torrie realized he was losing touch with the current game and stepped aside. Time for Bassin to do the same.

New blood is definitely needed from top to bottom. They have the pieces now to set themselves up nicely for the next couple of years...but they don't have a very good record of drafting well so I don't see an end coming to Erie fans frustrations, unfortunately.

I know I wouldn't report to Erie right now if I was a player.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 08:05 AM
  #52
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Management always ask the players to "check their ego at the door"... why can't management do the same? Bassin needs to take a good look in the mirror and realize he is doing that franchise and its fans a HUGE disservice by remaining as the GM. He obviously has no clue how to run a current OHL team.

Dave Torrie realized he was losing touch with the current game and stepped aside. Time for Bassin to do the same.

New blood is definitely needed from top to bottom. They have the pieces now to set themselves up nicely for the next couple of years...but they don't have a very good record of drafting well so I don't see an end coming to Erie fans frustrations, unfortunately.

I know I wouldn't report to Erie right now if I was a player.
Wont argue you at all, your right, just dont see it happening.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:35 AM
  #53
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Erie Otters hockey looking to next year since the year before. Branch should just take the franchise away.

RayzorIsDull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:58 AM
  #54
hockeye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Erie Otters hockey looking to next year since the year before. Branch should just take the franchise away.
take the franchise away?? why? we have the most loyal fans in the OHL, who go even if we suck, we probably will be in top 15 in fan attendance when the year is over even if we finish last

We just need new coaching and managing ......and guess what thats not happening because Bassin will never leave and still thinks we can turn the year around so he wont even trade mckegg (who sucks a** and is around -22 for the year..what a captain!!)

Its not our fault Bassin sucks

Trade players or start benching because these players have no heart...the only one trying is the rookie Harper

hockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:36 PM
  #55
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieWatcher View Post
We just need new coaching and managing ......and guess what thats not happening because Bassin will never leave and still thinks we can turn the year around so he wont even trade mckegg (who sucks a** and is around -22 for the year..what a captain!!)

Its not our fault Bassin sucks

Trade players or start benching because these players have no heart...the only one trying is the rookie Harper
Aren't you the same guy who said McKegg would be the scoring leader and that Erie would contend for the Gretzky Trophy? Have faith in your convictions...

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:41 PM
  #56
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieWatcher View Post
take the franchise away?? why? we have the most loyal fans in the OHL, who go even if we suck, we probably will be in top 15 in fan attendance when the year is over even if we finish last

We just need new coaching and managing ......and guess what thats not happening because Bassin will never leave and still thinks we can turn the year around so he wont even trade mckegg (who sucks a** and is around -22 for the year..what a captain!!)

Its not our fault Bassin sucks

Trade players or start benching because these players have no heart...the only one trying is the rookie Harper
I am being slightly sarcastic. First point though being in the top 15 for fan attendance in a 20 team league is hardly something to talk about. I heard they were getting 42 million in renovations to the arena what happened to that? Poor management, below average facility can't bring in top players how are they going to compete? They will miss the playoffs this year what's this the 3rd time in 6 years and one of the other years they were an 8th seed. Something needs to be done pronto because it's not getting better.

RayzorIsDull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
  #57
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieWatcher View Post
take the franchise away?? why? we have the most loyal fans in the OHL, who go even if we suck, we probably will be in top 15 in fan attendance when the year is over even if we finish last
Given there are 20 teams in the league, finishing Top 15 isn't much to say.

Let's look at this now...

Plymouth gets maybe 2,500 per game.

Kingston gets 2,000 a game tops.

Owen Sound gets 2,500 a game.

Mississauga gets 2,000 a game.

Brampton might get 2,500 a game.

Does saying Top 15 in attendance really mean much right now?

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:58 PM
  #58
hockeye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
for a team that finishes last in the league and losses 8-1 or 7-2....um yeah finishing in top 15 would show loyalty..compared to the Majors who get no fans if they are good....

hockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
  #59
ckg927
Registered User
 
ckg927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Mississauga gets 2,000 a game?

REALLY?

I've taken in games at the Hershey Centre. And believe me, they're lying when they say they're getting that many people. (Shame, too, because it's a better facility than the one 10 minutes up Kennedy Road.)

OHLTG: What's more interesting to me is how much each team is playing to capacity of their arena. Owen Sound(which seats 3,500)'s arena is more filled than, say, Kingston(which seats 5,700). Look at Niagara. They play in arguably the smallest arena in the OHL and that place is packed night in, night out.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.