HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stl-Edm Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2004, 09:17 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Stl-Edm Proposal

Just want to see what Edm/Stl fans think about this trade as far as value goes.

To St. Louis:
Ales Hemsky

To Edmonton:
Barret Jackman

Why:
With the loss of Demitra, St. Louis is looking for a skilled RW who doesn't command a lot of salary. They have a good defence with guys like Pronger, Backman, Weinrich, Salvador and possibly MacInnis as well, so they'd be dealing from a position of strength here.

If the Oilers are, indeed, thinking about trading Brewer to address their center needs, they will need a good young defenceman to take his place on the back end.

I realise this trade would probably make more sense for the Blues if they hadn't traded Belle for Bacashua at the draft, but I'm asking more from a value standpoint than a needs one.

Old
08-29-2004, 09:20 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
Just want to see what Edm/Stl fans think about this trade as far as value goes.

To St. Louis:
Ales Hemsky

To Edmonton:
Barret Jackman

Why:
With the loss of Demitra, St. Louis is looking for a skilled RW who doesn't command a lot of salary. They have a good defence with guys like Pronger, Backman, Weinrich, Salvador and possibly MacInnis as well, so they'd be dealing from a position of strength here.

If the Oilers are, indeed, thinking about trading Brewer to address their center needs, they will need a good young defenceman to take his place on the back end.

I realise this trade would probably make more sense for the Blues if they hadn't traded Belle for Bacashua at the draft, but I'm asking more from a value standpoint than a needs one.

I'm a fan of neither, but I think it will take more to get Jackman.

Old
08-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Senor Rational

Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Jackman is to valuable to the blues. He will take over as #1 in 7-8 yrs when Pronger retires. Until then he'll be a solid solid force until then. No blues fan would ever forgive Pleau if he traded away Jackman. If you guys need a strong physical two way defensemen, then look at Byrne. Big durable and rough he should get a cup of coffee in the NHL this year.

Old
08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
outKast*

From an Oiler perspective....HELL NO. Why? The Oilers trade the only player on the roster who has talent and game breaking abilities for a player who does all the things that Eric Brewer, Alexei Semenov and Jason Smith does anyways. Plus St.Louis is better off keeping Jackman. He's a great defensive defenseman and a rock on their top 6. This trade makes no sense from either side.

Old
08-29-2004, 09:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

that's a horrible, horrible deal..especially for St Louis.

Hemsky is one of those guys I'm still waiting to be impressed by. All I've seen is potential, so far..and as much as Oilers fans assure me that he's going to be one of the top players in the league, I've seen no evidence of that yet. Sorry.

Jackman has already established himself, won a Calder, and only needs to stay healthy. I hate the Blues, but I feel for them on that one...and to suggest that Hemsky could replace Demitra? Come on, man.

Old
08-29-2004, 09:58 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Both teams would benefit more from keeping the players

Old
08-29-2004, 10:03 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
Yup - from a pr standpoint alone, I think neither team would part with a player that fans have bought into, and expect to be big components of their team for years to come.

Old
08-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
couldn't agree more

Old
08-30-2004, 12:31 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
STL would definitly suffer from this. They dont even really have a stunning defense to boot as it is, the loss of Jackman would kill them since they get no dman back

Old
08-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

As a detroit fan, i say its great.

As for fairness, the trade is way off. Maybe if Hemsky breaks out it would be more fair, but not right now.

Old
08-31-2004, 03:37 PM
regdunlap7

If I'm St. Louis I say no. Hemsky will be good, but I think Jackman will be very special. And I'm not a Blues fan.

Closed Thread