Think about this trade

Old
10-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Kiss My Rask
Best of luck Looch!

vCash: 500
Think about this trade

Hi guys,

I've been thinking, and i know its very early in the season, but i think before the trade deadline we should try to trade David Krejci for Zach Parise. Now hear me out, i know they just made him captain, but that doesnt mean anything. Closer to the deadline i think they both will realize Parise isnt staying in NJ. If Seguin keeps playing the way he than i think its best to keep Seguin as the top line center, and have him play with Zach Parise. This would allow us to keep our new alternate captain, Chris Kelly as our third line center. We are just too deep at center, and i believe trading Krejci with someone like Hamil or picks for Parise is the way to go. Seguin is too talented to be playing as a third line wing/center. This trade solves the situation for the future. Again i know its way early, but its something to think about at the trade deadline and could really help us for the future.

just think about this for the playoffs:

Parise-Seguin-Horton
Lucic/Pevs-Bergy-Marchand
Lucic/Pevs-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Soupy-Thornton

thoughts?

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 07:57 PM
DaveFromNB

Are you going to share with us those pictures of Lou in the compromising positions you have?

DaveFromNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Fire Sweeney

Sure, then Bergeron for Malkin and Peverley for Ovechkin.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:04 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Yup ... Krejci and Hamill should get that done

Good grief

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Kiss My Rask
Best of luck Looch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
umm if you read the whole thing im not saying you trade them straight up.... DK + prospects/picks. i think NJ would rather get something in return for parise instead of him walking in FA

Old
10-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Krejci alone is no where near what NJ would want for Parise.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Kiss My Rask
Best of luck Looch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Krejci alone is no where near what NJ would want for Parise.
for the second time, if you read the whole thing im not saying that.. you obviously have to package other things with krejci.

Old
10-15-2011, 08:18 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman34 View Post
for the second time, if you read the whole thing im not saying that.. you obviously have to package other things with krejci.
Like Hamill, as you suggested

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

If Parise is a UFA. Then i think the Devils may go for something like this...obviously with the bruins adding a little.

The Devils can't afford to lose Parise for nothing at the end of the year. Krejci would be Devils 1st line center, making Kovalchuk a happy man.

If i am the Bruins and the Bruins don't have a deal in place to resign Parise i would not make this deal.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:48 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
If Parise is a UFA. Then i think the Devils may go for something like this...obviously with the bruins adding a little.

The Devils can't afford to lose Parise for nothing at the end of the year. Krejci would be Devils 1st line center, making Kovalchuk a happy man.

If i am the Bruins and the Bruins don't have a deal in place to resign Parise i would not make this deal.
Problem being, there would be 20 or so teams willing to match our offer of a 65ish pt center.

I feel like Parise is going to end up with Duchene out in Colorado

mikeybuddha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
I only have one question. Did you try this trade on EA Sports NHL12 and the game approved it ?

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Hi guys,

I've been thinking, and i know its very early in the season, but i think before the trade deadline we should try to trade David Krejci for Zach Parise. Now hear me out, i know they just made him captain, but that doesnt mean anything. Closer to the deadline i think they both will realize Parise isnt staying in NJ. If Seguin keeps playing the way he than i think its best to keep Seguin as the top line center, and have him play with Zach Parise. This would allow us to keep our new alternate captain, Chris Kelly as our third line center. We are just too deep at center, and i believe trading Krejci with someone like Hamil or picks for Parise is the way to go. Seguin is too talented to be playing as a third line wing/center. This trade solves the situation for the future. Again i know its way early, but its something to think about at the trade deadline and could really help us for the future.

Parise-Seguin-Horton
Lucic/Pevs-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Soupy-Thornton

thoughts?
My thoughts:

As for Parise:

Quote:
Q. What would you tell Devils fans right now that see your 1-year deal and are worried you won't be with the team next summer?

PARISE: There's a lot of things that go into signing a contract and a lot of things that people don't know and people, I guess, don't understand. By no means is me signing the 1-year deal saying I'm packing up and leaving. I guess I understand why people would think that and say that, but it wasn't like that. The negotiations weren't like that. It was very professional and everything was done the right way. It's not a lie. We're gonna keep working on it and we're gonna keep trying to get something long-term. We're not just saying it to please everybody, that's the honest truth. That's where everything stands right now.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp12318

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:14 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
We have a better chance of seeing Gregory Campbell traded for Aaron Asham.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

if devils arent in a playoff position at deadline and paraise isnt agreeing to an extension... then its unlikely that devils are going to get a better offer then krecji for him

but thats a long time from now.

im not sure id deal krecji for parise at the deadline without being assured parise will sign an extension with us. steep price to pay for a 1 year rental

i think krecji is getting short shifted for respect though in this thread. throughout his career he has usually produced around a ppg pace anytime he has been put into the first line spot. we call him a 65 point guy but dont remember that he has played behind savard and bergeron most of his career and we just never had a ton of depth to give him good quality lnemates or enough pp time to put him on the number 1 unit for large parts of the seasons... then mix in his slow start with the bad shoulder... and the concusion issue...

its no wonder he doesnt finish a year with 80 points yet. but he does lead the league in playoff scoring. this is a guy that can show up at tough checking times and go against top checking and succeed. he was huge at the olympics on an undermanned team. he was huge for us down the stretch his rookie year when savard and bergeron were out. he was huge the year bergeron was out and he had to step up for second line duty with wheeler and ryder.

whenever krecji has been tapped on the shoulder, he has always responded for us like a ppg top line player.

piarise is special though... if we can get him for krecji long term i do make that deal

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
We have a better chance of seeing Gregory Campbell traded for Aaron Asham.
Lol that was random.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:23 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
nah, Malkin is a bandaid

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
TD74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
Are you going to share with us those pictures of Lou in the compromising positions you have?
Greatest Post Ever!!!!! But seriously, Parise (the American Dream) would look awesome in a spoked-B jersey.....

TD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
if devils arent in a playoff position at deadline and paraise isnt agreeing to an extension... then its unlikely that devils are going to get a better offer then krecji for him

but thats a long time from now.

im not sure id deal krecji for parise at the deadline without being assured parise will sign an extension with us. steep price to pay for a 1 year rental

i think krecji is getting short shifted for respect though in this thread. throughout his career he has usually produced around a ppg pace anytime he has been put into the first line spot. we call him a 65 point guy but dont remember that he has played behind savard and bergeron most of his career and we just never had a ton of depth to give him good quality lnemates or enough pp time to put him on the number 1 unit for large parts of the seasons... then mix in his slow start with the bad shoulder... and the concusion issue...

its no wonder he doesnt finish a year with 80 points yet. but he does lead the league in playoff scoring. this is a guy that can show up at tough checking times and go against top checking and succeed. he was huge at the olympics on an undermanned team. he was huge for us down the stretch his rookie year when savard and bergeron were out. he was huge the year bergeron was out and he had to step up for second line duty with wheeler and ryder.

whenever krecji has been tapped on the shoulder, he has always responded for us like a ppg top line player.

piarise is special though... if we can get him for krecji long term i do make that deal
I adore David Krejci with the blinding heat of a thousand suns, but if you think the Devils wouldn't get a better offer for Parise, you're crackers.

And it's K-r-e-j-c-i.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 12:07 AM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybuddha91 View Post
Problem being, there would be 20 or so teams willing to match our offer of a 65ish pt center.

I feel like Parise is going to end up with Duchene out in Colorado
You say that like those are common.

There were only 17 centers that scored more than 65 points last year and only 21 who scored more than 60.

Most of those are 1st line centers who will under no circumstances be traded. So........there wouldn't be 20 teams who could counter our offer. More like 1 or 2.

EDIT: That isn't to say we are going to get Parise or even should trade Krejci for him. Just saying that Krejci is certainly a very valuable piece we are offering.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:52 AM
MarchandsNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post

There were only 17 centers that scored more than 65 points last year and only 21 who scored more than 60.

Most of those are 1st line centers who will under no circumstances be traded. So........there wouldn't be 20 teams who could counter our offer. More like 1 or 2.

EDIT: That isn't to say we are going to get Parise or even should trade Krejci for him. Just saying that Krejci is certainly a very valuable piece we are offering.
Not sure I can agree with this. For one, those 17-21 centers that you said are mostly 1st line centers, indicates that there are a relatively high number of teams with a 60-65+ point center. Second, who says that they will under no circumstances will be traded? I have a hard time picturing only 1-2 teams able/willing to make a good offer for Parise. Gretzky was traded, this summer saw a franchise 1st line center (and captain) in Mike Richards get traded. My point is that the upper management of most teams are willing to give up their franchise player/captain/1st liner if the right player comes around--Zach Parise is that type of player.

MarchandsNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Hi guys,

Parise-Seguin-Horton
Lucic/Pevs-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Soupy-Thornton

thoughts?
Oh geesh, me thinks you spent a Cheech and Chong like afternoon before posting

Ok, ok, that was uncalled for and I apologize, with all due respect, this would never happen, certainly not for the package you propose, it would take much more than DK and Hamill+picks. As much as I like DK, I don`t believe that the GM`s around the league view him nearly as highly as we do here.

I think most GM`s really like his game, but don`t view him anywhere near the "elite" status some here put him under. Parise is, hands down, without question, a much more complete player and far closer to elite than DK has ever been. Now, DK`s young and things can change, he had a great playoff but what ZP brings nightly, and I mean nightly, is miles ahead of Krejci`s game. I would argue, of the top tier teams, most teams would view DK as a solid 2nd line centerman.

Lou would have to be Hasselhoff inebriated to even listen to Chia`s call with a proposal such as this.

And.......I think the playoffs last year showed that you can never be too deep, no matter the position

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:34 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

NHL 2012 is a fun game...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:43 AM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post

Not saying that at all. There would be teams willing to beat our trade value with many different things. 20 wasn't a realistic number but you must get the drift. Some teams would package prospects/picks, some a top dman, some a top goalie and picks, etc, etc. This is Zach Parise. NJ would be able to pick their return IMO and DK wouldn't/shouldn't be it.

As a B's fan, I'd be pumped to have Parise and the hockey fan in me would be pumped to see DK feeding Kovalchuk. That would be fun for everyone.

Parise-Bergeron/Seguin-Horton
Lucic-Bergeron/Seguin-Marchand

PS: Now I want Parise. Only if Mike O'Connell could be hired by NJ ASAP.

mikeybuddha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:50 AM
stolimanmike

I really hope that PC deals Hamill sooon, even if it's for next to nothing. He is obviously never going to crack our NHL lineup and deserves a shot to do so elsewhere. Moreso, however, we won't have to continually read about trade proposals on this board completely overvaluing him.

To OP: This comment is not directed at you personally, but there have been countless fantasy proposals on here where people think Zach is the deal clincher in a package. It is tiring.

stolimanmike is offline   Reply With Quote