Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Think about this trade

Old
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.5%

vCash: 500
Overrated here on these boards yes. Overrated overall, no.

I'd hope to god if NJ came up and said "lets do something around Parise and Krejci" the Bruins would have David's plane ticket purchased, unlike some fans here who are more concerned with their attachment to certain players than improving the team.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
nycbruins*

Have to say I'm really disappointed in most posters' knowledge of pending UFA values at the trade deadline.

Nobody ever gives up a 1st line center in a deadline rental trade.
And tell me the last time someone signed an extension with a team simultaneously upon being traded near the deadline.

If the Devils wanted to get players like Krejci etc. for Parise, they missed their window. Because now, they won't be getting anyone like that for a rental player.

The OP took so much grief in this thread, when it's most of you we should be shaking our heads at.

Go look up what premier rental players garner in deadline deals. Value like that is never attained in such trades.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post

I'd hope to god if NJ came up and said "lets do something around Parise and Krejci" the Bruins would have David's plane ticket purchased, unlike some fans here who are more concerned with their attachment to certain players than improving the team.
Fans aren't general managers; it's not a fan's job to "improve the team." There are certainly fans who just root for the laundry, but there are just as many who do indeed form attachments to certain players. Does that mean they aren't "real' or "proper" fans?

And we're not discussing a borderline player in this instance; we're talking about David Krejci, who was a critical part of the Bruins' Stanley Cup championship. How did the Bruins do without him the previous year? You may think a trade for Parise is a no-brainer, but it's not far-fetched for someone to disagree with you.

And as nycbruins points out, if their respective contract situations remain unchanged, you certainly do NOT trade the RFA Krejci for the UFA Parise. You trade picks/prospects for a rental (i.e. Kaberle), not a star RFA.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
Thats the point how much do u think Lucic and Krejci are going to cost? Krejci a RFA this year im not sure about Lucic but its proble coming up soon. The deals will be as much or more than Praise. This team has some pretty good prospects coming up soon lets give them a shot. By the way i agree it dosent need to happen but it will really help this team
Krejci will get something between 4.5 and 5.5.

Lucic will get something between 4 and 5.5.

IMO, together they represent more value than Parise. I think Parise is a fabulous player, but it's too rich for our blood.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:19 PM
nmbr_24

As much as I would love to see Parise on the Bruins I don't think I would like to see Krejci traded for him since he is an UFA and it could be a short term rental and the Bruins could lose both Krejci and Parise.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Oates2Neely

I see Parise landing in Vancouver if he is indeed traded at all. Vancouver has exactly what the Devils are looking for, a franchise/ or potential franchise goaltender, "take your pick Lou, Luongo or Schneider? We'll also toss in Cody Hodgson, Mason Raymond & Van 1st 2012. What would be Bostons equivlant?

Schneider (Tuukka)
Hodgson ( ? )
Raymond ( ? )
Van 1st (Bos 1st)

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
BrainOfJ

The only way that works is if they take Luongo. Salary cap prevents anything else.

Old
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I see Parise landing in Vancouver if he is indeed traded at all. Vancouver has exactly what the Devils are looking for, a franchise/ or potential franchise goaltender, "take your pick Lou, Luongo or Schneider? We'll also toss in Cody Hodgson, Mason Raymond & Van 1st 2012. What would be Bostons equivlant?

Schneider (Tuukka)
Hodgson ( ? )
Raymond ( ? )
Van 1st (Bos 1st)
Parise is a monster, but no way I'm giving up Rask for a rental. You guys must have in mind what Atlanta got for Kovalchuk.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Parise is a monster, but no way I'm giving up Rask for a rental. You guys must have in mind what Atlanta got for Kovalchuk.
True but that was after Kovalchuk rejected $100m and said he wasn't coming back.

Another factor of Parise leaving NJ that hasn't been mentioned yet is the unstable ownership.

Quote:
In a stunning development, New Jersey Devils co-owner Ray Chambers has agreed to pay $25 million to unload his 47 percent stake in the team, sources close to the situation told The Post.
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...hip_situation/

What type of player would want to play in that unstable environment?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:

stop making presumptions about why someone might actually want to keep Krejci. It's frankly a little condescending to present your opinion as the only one that seeks to improve the team, whereas if someone wants to keep Krejci they are hurting the team.

Krejci just led the league in playoff scoring en route to a stanley cup, and much of that championship team is still intact. Maybe head to head, without considering salary, Parise is the better player, but Krejci's playoff performance has certainly helped to close that perceived gap, and given what each guy will likely cost on their next contract, it's not insane to think that keeping Krejci is better for the team.

RussellmaniaKW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Schneider (Tuukka)
Hodgson ( ? )
Raymond ( ? )
Van 1st (Bos 1st)
Luongo has a NTC. Combine that with his contract, and he's not going anywhere.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Btown

Krejci for Iggy

Btown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:08 PM
BrainOfJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
stop making presumptions about why someone might actually want to keep Krejci. It's frankly a little condescending to present your opinion as the only one that seeks to improve the team, whereas if someone wants to keep Krejci they are hurting the team.
Not what I'm going for...but Zach Parise is a top 10 player in the game, David Krejci isn't even top 10 at his position.

Quote:
Krejci just led the league in playoff scoring en route to a stanley cup, and much of that championship team is still intact. Maybe head to head, without considering salary, Parise is the better player, but Krejci's playoff performance has certainly helped to close that perceived gap, and given what each guy will likely cost on their next contract, it's not insane to think that keeping Krejci is better for the team.
David Krejci also lead the playoffs in games played. Krejci's playoff performance was on par with Zach Parise's playoff career averages point per game wise. and that includes Krejcis 2+ ppg series against Philly. If Seguins breakout is real, I don't see a situation where adding Parise and losing Krejci doesn't hurt, unless it ended up being a rental.

But I truly if Parise came over, joined the defending stanley cup champions, in an original six town, where ownership is stable and he's already familiar and comfortable with the coach...and oh yeah, we have enough money to pay you fair value. Wouldn't hurt us that much cap wise, especially if people on here think he's going to get 5 or more.

I just seriously don't see a situation where it's better for the team NOT to add a top 10, and one of the best two way players in the game.

That's not hating on Krejci one bit, I'm actually a fan of him. I don't fall for the "He's the best ever cause he had the most total points in the playoffs" as anyone who watched those players knows that Thomas, Chara, Bergeron, and probably Marchand as well had a much more significant impact save the Philly series. It's not a knock on Krejci one bit that he's not as good as Zach Parise.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

NJD need tuukka more than they need krejci. Just saying. Both would prob do it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:

Some fans also see the big picture. Parise is UFA at seasons end. If the trade doesn't include an extension then it is overpayment by the Bruins.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote