Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan85 View Post
Burmi is great with the puck but his results are what? exactly. But he is young, give him a chance. I hope he pans out cuz' I like his game with the puck!

Antropov already played in cnd market and he wont get better and he will always be what he is, sluggish. This guy is like 6'6 he could hurt ppl with his body frame and be a lindross type of player.. power forward. No he is nothing even remotley close to it. He plays like he is 5'8 buck 60. He's gotta be stronger with and without the puck.

So whose our "shut down" de man? OR pair? Id loooove to know! Hanisey is plus 1 with 2 points. Ok its our better stats but rememeber one thing, STATS are for losers, that's big acknowledgement in the professional world. Why do you think everyone would take cros over Ovie? Ovie may score goals more, but Cros does it all! Its not just stats. He is a winner in every part of his game. Thats what seperates.

Now Im not trying to get all over Ron H, we all know there is bigger problem and its the TEAM. But if you think he is "standing out" I just dont see it and anyone else im talking with can't see it at all and better yet neither does Noel. This whole team is up in arms.

Although maybe he will "stand out" if we can change up some of our roster.
Our two shut down d-men are Hainsey and Stuart. I have absolutely no idea why you bring up Crosby and Ovechkin, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

And is the only way to use your size when you play to hit a lot? Once again, watch Antropov play. He is using his size all the time when he plays, not by hitting though.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 10-16-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 02:21 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 50
Quote:
Agreed razor (Its y2jets)

This team has to rebuild a bit, because its lacking character. To many "softies".

I still think Jets can finish around 8th place...but they need to re check there roster and make the right changes. I think they will. Its still early.
After only 3 games, I have accepted this team for what it is and how it'll be fixed. Through the draft, and with development time for the young guns.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 10-16-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
so how long would it take for Noel to finally realize that Big Buff should be at forward
I recall how Buff made the Canucks miserable during the 2010 playoffs.

I would not be adverse to moving him to forward.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
So whose our "shut down" de man? OR pair? Id loooove to know! Hanisey is plus 1 with 2 points. Ok its our better stats but rememeber one thing, STATS are for losers, that's big acknowledgement in the professional world. Why do you think everyone would take cros over Ovie? Ovie may score goals more, but Cros does it all! Its not just stats. He is a winner in every part of his game. Thats what seperates.
Have you actually watched the game? Nobody has brought up stats besides you.

Quote:
Now Im not trying to get all over Ron H, we all know there is bigger problem and its the TEAM. But if you think he is "standing out" I just dont see it and anyone else im talking with can't see it at all and better yet neither does Noel. This whole team is up in arms.

Although maybe he will "stand out" if we can change up some of our roster.
You're backtracking, which is a sign that your argument is lacking.

BTW at least give me the respect to spell most of your comments properly. When I quote you, the red (mistakes) on my Mac easily outnumber the black.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 10-16-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: QEP
Old
10-16-2011, 02:23 PM
jetsfan85*

Ok fine you can like Antro I really dont care, Im just stateing why he dont stick with teams. Whatever you want.

I do like Stuart!

Old
10-16-2011, 02:24 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Ok fine you can like Antro I really dont care, Im just stateing why he dont stick with teams. Whatever you want.

I do like Stuart!
Antropov is terrible trade him away for a bag of hockey pucks

Old
10-16-2011, 02:25 PM
jetsfan85*

Razor how come? lol... They dont like us? hahaha

Old
10-16-2011, 02:25 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:

I do like Stuart!
Antropov has been on three teams in 12 years and one of those teams, he only played 18 games for. He doesn't stick, really? Hossa has been on more teams in the past 5 years, so he must suck too.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:27 PM
jetsfan85*

Quote:
Antropov is terrible trade him away for a bag of hockey pucks
haha exactly, but I guess he is good in the eyes of the former thrashers fans? I dunno. Whatever. I never seen such werid comments about very average players.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Buddy i already said WE CANT GET RID OF ANTROPOV, do you read?
Were stuck cuz who the heck would every take antros crappy contractm its a joke.
Unfortunately I try to read this dribble, but it's difficult when I'm expected to learn a new language on the fly.

You have all these idea's (trading Antro, Slater, etc), but no answers to them. Do you work for the government?

Old
10-16-2011, 02:30 PM
jetsfan85*

and whoever put lidstrom with hanisey name... omg! That said it all.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:34 PM
jetsfan85*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Unfortunately I try to read this dribble, but it's difficult when I'm expected to learn a new language on the fly.

You have all these idea's (trading Antro, Slater, etc), but no answers to them. Do you work for the government?
Paradise, we can't trade Antropov so, like me... just learn to deal with his crappy play for next two years. So, there is no deal out there because nobody is stupid enough to want him or take his crazy contract off our hands.

Slater he can stay 4th line, but I just said you can't tell me Cormier can't do just as well? or better then Stapleton. When Maxwell and Ferh are back that will eliminate two players thats forsure.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!

Old
10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Paradise, we can't trade Antropov so, like me... just learn to deal with his crappy play for next two years. So, there is no deal out there because nobody is stupid enough to want him or take his crazy contract off our hands.

Slater he can stay 4th line, but I just said you can't tell me Cormier can't do just as well? or better then Stapleton. When Maxwell and Ferh are back that will eliminate two players thats forsure.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!

I'm objective and would like to see Cormier up instead of Stapleton. It's probably a money issue more than anything.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
haha exactly, but I guess he is good in the eyes of the former thrashers fans? I dunno. Whatever. I never seen such werid comments about very average players.

I don't think it's Thrasher fans loving Antro, I think you'll find there are many Jets fans who feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabonis View Post
I love how you say Antropov can't skate, but he was our best forward AGAIN. Being a fast skater isn't everything, this the the damn NHL, guy gets by on a lot more then moving quickly. Being fast seems to work for guys like Stapleton doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Uh what? Antropov was the best forward on the team. Do you watch anything other than who skates the fastest?(you have serious hate issues for Antropov/MacLean).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennin View Post
Antropov being a slow skater def isnt the problem. Just look at the Sedins. It's all about being a smart player, speed has nothing to do with it. Have you ever seen the Sedins on a shootout attempt? Its pathetic lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
I feel he set up more plays than anyone else on our team....everytime him and Antro were on the ice they were generating chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
The game was a bit of a train wreck tonight but there were a few positives.
Antropov played a solid game again and looks very good this year, injury free.
Taken from this thread alone.

Last edited by Lynk: 10-16-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Denny 204

I still got the Leafs to watch while this team builds through the draft. I don't expect them to win every game but at least put effort out every game. Perhaps coaching is the problem?

Old
10-16-2011, 02:43 PM
jetsfan85*

Quote:
I'm objective and would like to see Cormier up instead of Stapleton. It's probably a money issue more than anything.
Meaning in which sense?

Cormier or Stapletons money?

Its still early and 0-3 is not the end of the world, if we make the right changes we can salave this bad start. Realism, this team is going no where fast with performances we got going on right now. We need our goaltender Pavalec to be the man. He's gotta be out best player on the ice, thats forsure.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:47 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
I dunno most Jet fans I've talked to think Antropov is a lazy POS

Old
10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I dunno most Jet fans I've talked to think Antropov is a lazy POS
This is the problem. People often think slow = lazy. Antropov is a big guy, he is not fast, so makes up for that by being in position and making smart plays, but that often looks "lazy" since he is not skating around like a chicken with his head cut off. He is always trying his best, but he does not have the speed to be running around out there and he knows, so he lays positionally but he is working hard to make plays in his way.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 10-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Meaning in which sense?

Cormier or Stapletons money?

Its still early and 0-3 is not the end of the world, if we make the right changes we can salave this bad start. Realism, this team is going no where fast with performances we got going on right now. We need our goaltender Pavalec to be the man. He's gotta be out best player on the ice, thats forsure.

Both of them. Combined it's more money. Stapleton gets $525k in the NHL or AHL. Cormier gets $854,166 in the NHL and $65k in the AHL. So by bringing up Cormier and sending down Stapleton it costs $1,419,166 in real money. I'm not saying this is exactly why Stapleton is on the roster atm, but I'm sure it could be a reason.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
He did because he was getting very upset because Hainsey doesn't hit, so I simply compared another 2 very successful defenseman who play the same game.

Hitting doesn't constitute a good defenseman.
No, it doesn't.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
I'm also on the "move Buff to forward movement". He doesn't seem to think he should be playing defense as a d-man and that's a big issue to me. I don't care if he likes the idea of playing defense just because he's lazy and there's less skating. That type of attitude is a cancerous and I don't want the Jets to be a part of that situation if he can't act like a responsible player. Enough about what Buff wants and more about what's best for the team IMO. If he can't be reined in then he needs to be traded.
Great post. Who gives a ratz azz what "Buff wants". You can't play D like that in the NHL (or, at any level IMO) regardless of whether you "want" to play D or not. It should be freaking irrelevant "what Buff wants".

Forget the Antro bashing IMO... Antro is what Antro is, regardless of one great season offensively and a subsequent big payday by silly mgmt, my expectations of him have actually been met. Buff is not playing even CLOSE to his potential and billing and he is one of our leaders. I can't believe he misplayed that puck last night behind our net leading to the first goal. That's as simple a play as they come for a D man. Right now, he is the sole occupant of my doghouse until further notice (only because my doghouse isn't big enough for anyone else's fat lazy butt)

Old
10-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
This is the problem. People often think slow = lazy. Antropov is a big guy, he is not fast, so makes up for that by being in position and making smart plays, but that often looks "lazy" since he is not skating around like a chicken with his head cut off. He is always trying his best, but he does not have the speed to be running around out there and he knows, so he lays positionally but he is working hard to make plays in his way.

And bigplay41, yes I did a little bit.
I was surprised Antro looked good on the PK last night. It's nice to know he can contribute in other area's (get as much value as possible)

Old
10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:

And bigplay41, yes I did a little bit.
Wheeler is just as tall minus an inch and he looks slow too. No one's calling him lazy. Big guys like these two don't need to be fast skaters because one of their strides is equal to at least 2 of anyone else's.

Old
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Ever think that Buff wants to "play defence" so he has 3 other forwards with him when he moves up?

Old
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Great post. Who gives a ratz azz what "Buff wants". You can't play D like that in the NHL (or, at any level IMO) regardless of whether you "want" to play D or not. It should be freaking irrelevant "what Buff wants".

Forget the Antro bashing IMO... Antro is what Antro is, regardless of one great season offensively and a subsequent big payday by silly mgmt, my expectations of him have actually been met. Buff is not playing even CLOSE to his potential and billing and he is one of our leaders. I can't believe he misplayed that puck last night behind our net leading to the first goal. That's as simple a play as they come for a D man. Right now, he is the sole occupant of my doghouse until further notice (only because my doghouse isn't big enough for anyone else's fat lazy butt)
The problem with Buff at forward is that he was only effective against Vancouver. He wasn't in any other playoff series.

Closed Thread