Notices

Jets lose 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 500
Going from the Jets game to the Bombers game is definitly going from bad to worse. Rough night for Winnipeg's teams.

Old
10-15-2011, 08:54 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

General observation after the first 3 games. We suck. We're really, really bad. Hope we turn things around - would hate to have a worse record than the Thrashers last year.

Old
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

in years past, they actually played Pitts pretty well. The team will fare better against the Eastern teams because it is more up tempo and our forwards can skate instead of having to get physical.

Wait til you see an up and down basketball game against a SE team.

Old
surixon

Horrible game, just horrible!!!

I really want to know what Noel was thinking not just putting in Jones, but placing him with Buff. That pairing was attrocious, cost us three even strength goals and were shacky all night. This team needs to find a partner for Buff that can make up for his short-commings or this is going to be a long year. I'm not to worried about the other pairings, both were fine tonight and I think will continue to be fine moving forward.

Schiefele played his best game tonight, and looked good with Ladd and Wheeler.

Kane has to keep his cool; cost us a goal taking that needless roughing penalty after the colission with Smith. (The penalty wasn't on his hit with Smith, it was on him retaliating on Yandle behind the net.)

I'm very dissapointed in Little right; he is a much better player than what he's showing and he was justifiably demoted tonight!

This team desperately needs a star up front.

Noel also has to do a much better job, a bunch of terrible coaching decisions; Jones on the pk and not stappled to the bench near the end of the game are some of them.

Old
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

I hate being so negative after only 3 games, but Noel needs to get a clue.

I used to think we'd finish anywhere from 15th to 25th. I now think we could end up dead last in the league (which I might actually prefer to languishing in mediocrity).

Old
10-15-2011, 08:55 PM
AWSAA
Fire Chevy

vCash: 2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Going from the Jets game to the Bombers game is definitly going from bad to worse. Rough night for Winnipeg's teams.
Thanks for the spoiler.

Old
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
What is this Jets (Atlanta Thrashers) AHL team masquerading as an NHL team!

Antro is complete crap, the guy can't even skate anymore! He has probably been our second best forward after Burmi so far

Hope that was Jones last game in the NHL, he looks like he belongs in the ECHL!Defensive defenseman on the ice for all 4 goals. Why did Noel play him again? With Buff? Really?

How can anyone even think of sending Sceff back, he is one of the top 3 forwards in A REAL BAD bunch.He looks frightened out on the ice, he is weak on the puck and seems lost at times, he needs to go back

Don't pin this one on Noel, this is one gutless team, past Moose teams would beat this team!This team didn't look anywhere near as bad as they do now last season. I'd say the new coach might have something to do with it.

Wheeler is a soft player, no guts, no effort and NO talent! Disagree
My thoughts

Old
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

I thought they played well in the 2nd period.

Old
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Problem is coaching. Maybe there's some character issues there in the background as well, but coaching is the big problem. It's pretty obvious the Jets have individual talent but they didn't play at all like a team. The Coyotes, despite winning 4-1, didn't play nearly as good as they did in Nashville.

Chevy is a good hire, but Noel is not.
The talent on this team is completely overrated, the team does not have one player with heart, coaching isn't the problem, it's just that just about every player on the team needs to GROW SOME!

Old
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Hawker14

This hurts, because of all teams to lose to ... the Coyotes.

I even chirped Go Jets Go in the third period but my wife just looked up from her computer with a look of disappointment in me.

On a side note, my daughter is now in love with Taylor Pyatt. I have to admit he's very pretty.

Old
Bane99

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywhiteout View Post
my honeymoon is over now. all the money in the world and they did nothing to improve the team. NOTHING.
Ville Leino sure would have helped.

Seriously, unless they were to trade one of the kids(Burmi, Kane) they aren't gonna get much.

They need Cormier to add an edge\jam to this team. Plus, put Buff at forward and bring up Postma.

Old
Diatidialga

Good for Mason, All this "We Tried our Hardest" crap isint going to work

Old
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Sabonis

sipowicz

You're having a laugh man, the rook has looked BAD, just like everyone else. He should definitely go back to Junior, more seasoning is needed.

I love how you say Antropov can't skate, but he was our best forward AGAIN. Being a fast skater isn't everything, this the the damn NHL, guy gets by on a lot more then moving quickly. Being fast seems to work for guys like Stapleton doesn't it?

Wheeler has been bad too, but so has Ladd, Buff, Enstrom, Kane...everyone..don't you see?

You need a time out me thinks...

Old
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
When I look at this roster - Buff, Ladd, Enstrom, Pavelec, Wheeler, Little, Kane, Burmistrov - I get excited. Then I watch a game and it all evaporates. These guys have been awful in these first 3 games, just awful.
Bingo. I feel the same way. I fail to see how this group can play so poorly on the ice. I honestly expected guys like Ladd, Little, Kane, Wheeler, Burmistrov, Antropov, Slater, Thorburn, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Hainsey, Bogosian, Stuart, etc would be enough to pull this team in a positive direction.

Like I said above, I hope by the 10th game or so we see this team at least playing on the same page. Right now, they don't look anything like a hockey team.

jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The talent on this team is completely overrated, the team does not have one player with heart, coaching isn't the problem, it's just that just about every player on the team needs to GROW SOME!
^^^ What the detective said ^^^

Old
10-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

I'd keep Scheifele and send the rest of them to Barrie. The reason Scheif hasn't done much is that there's no one to do it with. This is starting to give me a 1980-81 feeling.

Old
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
This proves that you know little about this team. Guys like Slater, Thorburn, Burmistrov, and Little are all heart.

Old
XX
SOS

Quote:
You need a systems oriented coach. Someone who knows what they are doing and conveys it to the players. Take it from a fan of a team that watched a new coach change them overnight. If Winnipeg is going to be frugal with spending on contracts, it becomes even more imperative that everyone play a role, know their role and execute it.

I really wouldn't feel comfortable building a team around guys like Wheeler and Buff, heart wise.

Old
10-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
What is this Jets (Atlanta Thrashers) AHL team masquerading as an NHL team!

Antro is complete crap, the guy can't even skate anymore!

Hope that Jones last game in the AHL, he looks like he belongs in the ECHL!

How can anyone even think of sending Sceff back, he is one of the top 3 forwards in A REAL BAD bunch.

Don't pin this one on Noel, this is one gutless team, past Moose teams would beat this team!
Uh what? Antropov was the best forward on the team. Do you watch anything other than who skates the fastest?(you have serious hate issues for Antropov/MacLean). Scheifele has been at best average. Did not notice him to to much tonight, certainly not one of the worst but not one of the best. I do agree with Jones needing to go.

I know you are being loose with the AHL comparaison, but this is not the minors anymore. Noel has yet to realize this I think.

Some random thoughts:
We were simply outplayed and outcoached by a fairly weak team. That was embarrassing and we need to be better. Wheeler is a HUGE disappointment, I always had him pegged as a 3rd liner, he is 1st here by default and I think that that was being very very overly optimistic. Kane showed a little something tonight, but he needs to get better. Slater was awful on faceoffs, his strongest attribute, a little thing that shows just how bad WPG is struggling.

Noel needs to wake up and get Buff a partner that can cover for him. Not sure why our worst players are always paired with Buff (Oduya/Jones) when clearly Buff cannot cover for himself, never mind these AHL talents he's been paired with. Stupid. Not to mention not dressing a guy against his former team when he would have been extra motivated and just getting a feel for his linemates. Ugh.

Old
jon1976

I hate the fact that Noel would insist on playing Kane with Thorburn, and Slater on the pp......yeah we were already down 4-1, with 3-4 mns left, any chance of mounting a comeback, to send out Thorburn, n Slater on the 2nd pp unit?!!! C'mon Noel!!

At least i thought Sheifele played alright!! Randy Jones was horrible!!

With 5 games in between before they head out on their season high 7 games road trip, to think we're only 3 games into the season, we cant fall behind too much anymore!!!

Old
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 698
Quote:
You're kidding yourself man.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:00 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

And to top it off - the Coyotes goalie's name is Mike Smith.

C'mon, Mike Smith, really...

Old
10-15-2011, 09:00 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Craig Ramsay used to say how he had to get these guys to quit feeliing sorry for themselves. They miss Boulton in the locker room and they miss the elderly coaches.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Active Puck
STREAMERS!

I don't want to hate on Noel, because coaching is a job no one envies... but I'm not getting any confidence from him in this post-game scrum. Basically saying things I could say, and I suck!

Look, if you're disappointed... MOTIVATE THESE MFers! YOU. ARE. THE. COACH.

LEAD.

(this post brought to you by emotion)

Old
10-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Hawker14

1) The giveaways are making the neutral zone look like enemy territory.
2) The puck pressure on the opposition is often non-existent.

Basically, we just need to play smarter and harder. Easy enough.

lol

Closed Thread