HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NY Mets/Yankees Discussion Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 01:43 AM
NYI91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
10 in a row. ALL against winning teams. Unbelievable run. And all 3 teams were playing good baseball when they played the Yanks. Pitching, pitching, pitching. You always look better when your pitchers have been pitching like they have the last two weeks. great pitching.
Everything is clicking for the Yanks right now

NYI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Some facts about Dickey's dominant run here in 2012:

- 5 straight starts of NO earned runs, 8 strikeouts which is the longest streak. Three others have had 4 straight games Pedro Martinez, Gaylord Perry and I can't find the article that had the other name lol.

-12 innings with out a hit until the 5th last night, then went on to pitch another 4 hitless innings.

-He has as many strikeouts this year as Justin Verlander, tied for the most in the majors. He has seven straight starts with at least eight strikeouts, one shy of Randy Johnson's major-league record.

-Over those seven starts, he has six walks and 71 strikeouts. And just 25 hits, for a .144 opponents batting average.

-Dickey first nl pitcher to throw back to back one hitters since 1944 and the first pitcher ever to do it while throwing atleast 10 k's in both games.

-Acc to Elias Sports Bureau, Dickey has reached the 10 games over 500 mark faster than any pitcher in Met history

-Dickey has not allowed an earned run in 42.2 innings and only trails Doc Gooden's 49 innings in 1985. (Doc's CY Young season)

- He's tied/leads MLB in Wins, Strikeouts, ERA and WHIP.

Got these facts from Rich Coutinho's twitter and this CBS Sports article:
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...the-best-pitch

Such a great story.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:10 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

All without an ulner nerve correct? Isnt that why Texas let him go? They didnt think he could produce?

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:15 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
All without an ulner nerve correct? Isnt that why Texas let him go? They didnt think he could produce?
They lowered his signing bonus dramatically but he had several cups of coffee with the Rangers for 10 years.

He always had a knuckleball but he didn't really know until recently (he called it "The Thing"). Then he just perfected his craft and...voila.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Riddick

He's signed through, what, next year?

Riddick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Bunk Moreland

Mets have $5 million team option on him.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI91 View Post
Everything is clicking for the Yanks right now
You guys discovered soap? congrats.

lol. Yeah Yanks are playing unreal. ESPN picked up the sunday CC v Dickey game. That game could be a classic. Over the last month+ RA is pitching as good as any pitcher ever has over a month+ stretch. 0.18 ERA over 6 starts. that's insane. I can't wait till his next start.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
You guys discovered soap? congrats.

lol. Yeah Yanks are playing unreal. ESPN picked up the sunday CC v Dickey game. That game could be a classic. Over the last month+ RA is pitching as good as any pitcher ever has over a month+ stretch. 0.18 ERA over 6 starts. that's insane. I can't wait till his next start.
I had a choice to either go to the Saturday or Sunday night game at Citi Field this weekend. I chose Saturday mainly because Dickey is pitching Sunday. Yea, I am scared of R.A. Dickey. Never thought I'd say the words.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I had a choice to either go to the Saturday or Sunday night game at Citi Field this weekend. I chose Saturday mainly because Dickey is pitching Sunday. Yea, I am scared of R.A. Dickey. Never thought I'd say the words.
He's dealing right now but I'm scared of Sundays game.. Knowing the Mets luck it would be the Yankees to figure Dickey out and just rock him.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
He's dealing right now but I'm scared of Sundays game.. Knowing the Mets luck it would be the Yankees to figure Dickey out and just rock him.
The yankees match up real well against Dickey. Jeter and Cano both like to sit and wait on the ball with an opposite field approach. If those two can come up with men on base the Yanks could easily score some runs.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
The yankees match up real well against Dickey. Jeter and Cano both like to sit and wait on the ball with an opposite field approach. If those two can come up with men on base the Yanks could easily score some runs.
Dickey shut down the Yankees at Yankee Stadium last year. Teixiera hit a solo shot against him and that was the only run he gave up. And that was last year... when Dickey was a mere mortal.

Old
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Bunk Moreland

Tough "break" for the Yanks today with CC placed on DL with some sort of strain but only expected to mis a couple starts. But Pettitte took a ball off his leg and will miss 6 weeks with a broken ankle.

Mets bats have finally woken up after a miserable streak of games vs yanks/cubs. Murphy has 2 homers after going more than a year with out one.

Old
06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Yankees' rotation takes a HUGE hit today. Ugh. Hopefully our hitting picks up immediately because this is going to be a tough stretch, going into Tampa Bay for 3 games and Boston for 4 games, all without arguably our two best pitchers.

Hughes
Kuroda
Nova
Warren
Phelps/Garcia

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Tough "break" for the Yanks today with CC placed on DL with some sort of strain but only expected to mis a couple starts. But Pettitte took a ball off his leg and will miss 6 weeks with a broken ankle.

Mets bats have finally woken up after a miserable streak of games vs yanks/cubs. Murphy has 2 homers after going more than a year with out one.
they will call up warren and mayby we get to see one of the B&B kids throw

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Yankees' rotation takes a HUGE hit today. Ugh. Hopefully our hitting picks up immediately because this is going to be a tough stretch, going into Tampa Bay for 3 games and Boston for 4 games, all without arguably our two best pitchers.

Hughes
Kuroda
Nova
Warren
Phelps/Garcia
This is not good any way you slice it. Losing Rivera... as crazy as it sounds... really hasn't affected this team at all. Mostly because there are two other closers on the roster. So the most irreplaceable player on the Yankees roster has turned out to be just that... replaceable.

But Andy and CC both going down within a few hours? That's just the baseball gods taking a huge dump on Yankee Stadium. There is no way to combat this unfortunately. You just have to hope and pray when they send the scrubs out there that they don't get killed too badly and that CC and Andy return on the shorter side of the timescale.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Bunk Moreland

Well the good news for you guys is that the Yankees have put themselves in a position where they just have to tread water and they'll still be good. CC is only expected to miss like 2 starts with the all star break so I really don't think that's a big deal. Pettitte hurts but they'll definitely survive.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Bunk Moreland

Any chance the mets can lop off half the runs from this game and add it to the other games in this series? Wow wind is flowing out in Wrigley today 16-1..

Old
06-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Any chance the mets can lop off half the runs from this game and add it to the other games in this series? Wow wind is flowing out in Wrigley today 16-1..
Heard that before the game today by one of the WFAN reporters. Said it should be a great day for hitters. I just checked the box score and saw Murphy hit 2 homers. I guess it's Coors Field-like over there at Wrigley today.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:31 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
they will call up warren and mayby we get to see one of the B&B kids throw
Warren and Betances are not very good. Manny is injured and not ready anyway.

It's going to be Garcia and Phelps, maybe even Mitchell.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Bunk Moreland

All star rosters announced today...

Yanks reps: Cano, Jeter, Granderson and CC

Mets reps: RA Dickey and David Wright as a BACKUP...

Clearly a little shocked Wright is not starting the all star game considering he is batting 50 points higher than Sandoval while playing 30+ more games. But thats what you get when fans get to vote players in a game that apparently counts. bs...

Old
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

I didn't vote cause I just don't care enough. But it's pretty crazy that the guy leading the league in BA, and the guy who is probably the MVP of the 1st half isn't starting the ASG.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:45 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Warren and Betances are not very good. Manny is injured and not ready anyway.

It's going to be Garcia and Phelps, maybe even Mitchell.
Betances was suppose to be a very good prospect. After watching him pitch multiple times, he is not accurate at all, walks way too many guys. He throws really hard with movement, thats about it. He'll never be in the Yanks rotation. I like Banuelos, he has really good stuff, but he also walks too many guys.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
All star rosters announced today...

Yanks reps: Cano, Jeter, Granderson and CC

Mets reps: RA Dickey and David Wright as a BACKUP...

Clearly a little shocked Wright is not starting the all star game considering he is batting 50 points higher than Sandoval while playing 30+ more games. But thats what you get when fans get to vote players in a game that apparently counts. bs...
Heard on Boomer and Carton this morning that Wright was up 400,00 votes and somehow lost to him by 1.6 million. Conspiracy, I think so!

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
JetsMetsIsles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Heard on Boomer and Carton this morning that Wright was up 400,00 votes and somehow lost to him by 1.6 million. Conspiracy, I think so!
A lot of people think that some people made bots that did all those votes. San Fran all of a sudden almost doubled Pablo's votes in a few days. That just doesn't happen. Also I forget who on their team hit 2 million votes and didn't even play a game this year. Thats just what I heard. Buster Posey lead the NL in votes. Something smells fishy.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

This is what happens when you leave voting in the hands of a bunch of idiots. I say take the voting away from the fans. Do they get some right? Sure. But guys getting millions of votes like Manny Ramirez a few years ago while he was suspended for 50 games is just stupid. If the game really has meaning now (still don't buy it but whatever) then the fans should have zero say anyway.