HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The "Fire Arniel" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 10:31 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
We were out of gas? Seriously?!? The Caps played last night and had to travel to Columbus. We didn't. Spare me.

And the outright bluff or lie during the press conference was inexcusable. Yep, just a bunch of excuses. No accountability. Arniel may not be the sole problem, but he's a big part of it. Howson failed by hiring him, but he's failed EVEN LARGER by keeping him and defending him publicly.

I won't be satisfied and I won't be quiet until that clown is OUT OF COLUMBUS!
I won't be satisfied until Howson joins him.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

My dvr cut off after one minute of press conference where Arniel just said, "we played 4 games in 6 nights. We are a tired bunch, we are worn out."

If that is the best he can come up with, then I am befuddled.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:41 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
My dvr cut off after one minute of press conference where Arniel just said, "we played 4 games in 6 nights. We are a tired bunch, we are worn out."

If that is the best he can come up with, then I am befuddled.
Oh, he came up with worse than that.

And apparently practice is cancelled tomorrow.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
We were out of gas? Seriously?!? The Caps played last night and had to travel to Columbus. We didn't. Spare me.

And the outright bluff or lie during the press conference was inexcusable. Yep, just a bunch of excuses. No accountability. Arniel may not be the sole problem, but he's a big part of it. Howson failed by hiring him, but he's failed EVEN LARGER by keeping him and defending him publicly.

I won't be satisfied and I won't be quiet until that clown is OUT OF COLUMBUS!
They both need to go, Lee. We have had far worse rosters that played far better than this bunch.

I think back on some of the guys that we have let go. So many of the bottom six guys Howson has let go are so much better than the bottom six that we have. Manny, Raffi, Jason (Williams, and Chimera), Upshall. Icing a defense far inferior to the shaky defense that we previously had. Not keeping Garon, and betting the farm on Mason. Not to mention that he passed over our favorite, Kevin Dineen, to hire "his guy" Arniel.

Absolutely horrible decisions that have come back to haunt us. Howson has failed miserably to build this team, and should be booted out the door.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:49 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
They both need to go, Lee. We have had far worse rosters that played far better than this bunch.

I think back on some of the guys that we have let go. So many of the bottom six guys Howson has let go are so much better than the bottom six that we have. Manny, Raffi, Jason (Williams, and Chimera), Upshall. Icing a defense far inferior to the shaky defense that we previously had. Not keeping Garon, and betting the farm on Mason. Not to mention that he passed over our favorite, Kevin Dineen, to hire "his guy" Arniel.

Absolutely horrible decisions that have come back to haunt us. Howson has failed miserably to build this team, and should be booted out the door.
I'm the guy who started the Fire Them All thread. Priest needs to go with them. And if they don't go, we need new ownership.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:50 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I won't be satisfied until Howson joins him.
We agree on that point.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Tunnel of Death
Foligno: Beast Mode

I was at this game, I can really pin this loss on coaching. Arniel failed to adjust to Hunter taking Ovechkin off the line with Backstrom and Semin. For 40 minutes, the Pahlsson line shut down the Caps' top line.

However, in the third, Hunter got Ovechkin away from that unit and it all went to hell from there.

Arniel is a buffoon that really has no business coaching in the NHL, and the sooner that he's out from behind you bench, the better.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:39 AM
blahblah

Hell of a post game for Arniel... Fun, fun.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel of Death View Post
I was at this game, I can really pin this loss on coaching. Arniel failed to adjust to Hunter taking Ovechkin off the line with Backstrom and Semin. For 40 minutes, the Pahlsson line shut down the Caps' top line.

However, in the third, Hunter got Ovechkin away from that unit and it all went to hell from there.

Arniel is a buffoon that really has no business coaching in the NHL, and the sooner that he's out from behind you bench, the better.
No. Your wrong. Scott told us the team was tired.

Last edited by CBJCougar: 01-01-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old
01-01-2012, 01:25 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Changed my avatar to celebrate the potential birth of a new CBJ meme.

You can even make your own here if you want: http://memegenerator.net/Scott-Arniel

Old
01-01-2012, 09:55 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Four Seven View Post

You can even make your own here if you want: http://memegenerator.net/Scott-Arniel
Awesome!! I made a few myself.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:00 AM
RDriesenUD

Arniel definitely needs to get fired.

I have always defended Howson, but I think it is time he gets fired too.

Like I said at some point on this board, until we get new owners, it won't matter who our GM and coach are.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:09 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
No. Your wrong. Scott told us the team was tired.
Had to go back and see the whole thing. He actually used that excuse for at least the third time this year and then said he didn't use it often. Maybe someone can show him the stat on that.

Guy is always blaming schedule or officiating instead of owning up to what we can see with our own eyes.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:26 AM
36kap36

Made one as well.

Last edited by 36kap36: 01-01-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old
01-01-2012, 10:31 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Had to go back and see the whole thing. He actually used that excuse for at least the third time this year and then said he didn't use it often. Maybe someone can show him the stat on that.

Guy is always blaming schedule or officiating instead of owning up to what we can see with our own eyes.
It's human nature to pass the buck and make excuses when you are embarrassed. Arniel should have been embarrassed last night because he was out coached. Again. That's why we lost. Again. I would have to toss him some respect had he stood at the podium and simply said, "The team fought their ***** off for 40 minutes and it was my failure to answer the Caps line change that resulted in the loss. The fans deserve better, the players deserve better than I gave them tonight."

But he didn't do that. Instead he let the players be the one to take the heat. He deflected away from his own abilities, or lack of them. Howson follows suit when he publicly states that we are not good enough or that the players are not responding. Some of that may be true for a moment here and there but he neglects to state that the players cannot respond to a coach that isn't doing his job well enough. Our accountability issues from last night are not on the ice but in the box.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:

I'd love for Skraut to do his next video on Scott Arniel excuses. He could use Bob Dylan's "Rainy Day Woman #12 and #35" better known as "Everybody Must Get Stoned." Want something more contemporary? Try Kelly Clarkson's "Mister Know-It-All"

Or better yet, go classical! The theme from Carmen, better known as the Bad News Bears theme.

Last edited by leesmith: 01-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 10:56 AM
CBJCougar

Twitter seems to be loaded up with the video this morning. Not a good day to be named Arniel.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 50
Arniel's tantrum has made PuckDaddy's...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...medium=twitter

Old
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Four Seven View Post

My contribution:

Old
01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Arniel is obviously in over his head, and I also believe he was likely sold a bill of goods by Howson. I feel badly for him because he is trying everything he knows to make this team competitive, and he knows he's failing.

He sees his job going down the drain and is powerless to stop it.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Arniel's tantrum has made PuckDaddy's...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...medium=twitter
From said Puck Daddy

Quote:
So, to summarize:

Professional National Hockey League Coach believes his team is quite good 4-on-4 and will "show you the stats on that" to back up that it hasn't been a problem. Media member dares mention reality, in which the Jackets are actually quite bad 4-on-4. Professional National Hockey League Coach gets huffy, says "well I guess you guys have all the answers and are just waiting to jump" and storms off because they're "piling it on."

Scott Arniel still employed.
That's what I like about Puck Daddy. They don't pull any punches.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
I'm the guy who started the Fire Them All thread. Priest needs to go with them. And if they don't go, we need new ownership.
Even if they do go, this is probably a necessity if the team is to ever advance beyond perennial joke status.

They may be nice guys (McConnells past and present), but you know what the cliche says about nice guys..........

Old
01-01-2012, 12:00 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Arniel is obviously in over his head, and I also believe he was likely sold a bill of goods by Howson. I feel badly for him because he is trying everything he knows to make this team competitive, and he knows he's failing.

He sees his job going down the drain and is powerless to stop it.
I almost went there myself, Leek.

Last night we saw a coach disrespect a reporter who was only asking obvious questions and he did so with blatant attempts at bullying, directing his arrogance to punish for their implied ignorance.

Was this a brief glimpse of what the players see in the locker room?

Is this is how he leads?

Karma is a *****.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:46 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Last night we saw a coach disrespect a reporter who was only asking obvious questions and he did so with blatant attempts at bullying, directing his arrogance to punish for their implied ignorance.

Is this is how he leads?

Karma is a *****.
I didnt see the whole game... whats happen?

Old
01-01-2012, 01:11 PM
maz-23-

Send a message via ICQ to maz-23- Send a message via MSN to maz-23- Send a message via Yahoo to maz-23-
Quote:

Is this is how he leads?

Karma is a *****.

nah, he's the greatest leader in the league. even drawing all the attention away from the sucking team... not even mentioning that he has no chance to work with all his players, since wiz is out again...

has anyone a contact person inside the CBJ who i could send my application to? seems like the CBJ are the safest bet on a steady paycheck without investing anything

Closed Thread