HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Fire Arniel" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2012, 01:21 PM
CBJCougar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I didnt see the whole game... whats happen?
Post #873 of this thread has the video of the incident I was talking about. It also has a transcript. Good job.

Old
01-01-2012, 01:26 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz-23- View Post
nah, he's the greatest leader in the league. even drawing all the attention away from the sucking team... not even mentioning that he has no chance to work with all his players, since wiz is out again...

has anyone a contact person inside the CBJ who i could send my application to? seems like the CBJ are the safest bet on a steady paycheck without investing anything
LOL! I'm not even sure I can still think he's probably a nice guy.

Old
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
EDM

The observation that Arniel failed to adjust when the Caps moved Ovie off the Bachman line should be the final indisputable proof that Arniel is in over his head. When Ovie scored his 2 goals he was wide open with a free shot at the net. That did not happen in the first 2 periods. Totally and unarguably on the coach for that failure to notice or adjust. That has sealed Arniel's fate in my judgment. Line match ups are a coaching matter. Regardless of personnel, it is the coach's job to get his personnel in the right spot. Arniel failed. Period.

Old
01-01-2012, 02:30 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Arniel very helped Moore and Nikitin, its a pity that he made similar mistakes... he needs to be an assistant still some years under a coach with experiences.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:18 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Arniel very helped Moore and Nikitin, its a pity that he made similar mistakes... he needs to be an assistant still some years under a coach with experiences.
One could argue that the Cbj defense coach had the impact.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:28 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
One could argue that the Cbj defense coach had the impact.
If I understood right.. bad... only Arniel, right.. especially assistents...

Old
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
If I understood right.. bad... only Arniel, right.. especially assistents...
I don't know what your saying. I'm sorry. What I was saying is that it possible that Brad Berry is the person who has helped Moore and Nikki, not Arniel.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:53 PM
gonz
Shampoo Slowdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Does he survive this?

"Is that what it is? Okay, well I guess you guys have all the answers and are just waiting to jump so, I guess we'll have to work on that too. So just keep piling it on, whatever you want just keep piling it on."
If there were competent Hockey people in charge, he wouldn't have gotten to this point to make such a comment. I have completely lost faith in this organ-eye-zation from the front office to the peanut vendor.

The ushers are nice, though.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
These new avatars seem very familiar.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
I don't know what your saying. I'm sorry. What I was saying is that it possible that Brad Berry is the person who has helped Moore and Nikki, not Arniel.
Yes, but the coach says who will play in the game, how etc. not Berry. And its important too. I agree that Berry helped them very much but not only he.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

I figured I would contribute to the Arniel meme...

Old
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
JoonasJ86

Would Carlyle be a good option? To me it seems that those guys need definitely some butt whoppin...

Old
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I've been waiting.

Old
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonasJ86 View Post
Would Carlyle be a good option? To me it seems that those guys need definitely some butt whoppin...
No. We would begin to win and we want 1st overall...

Old
01-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I've been waiting.

G*d d**ned best laugh I have had in 2012 when I saw this.

Nicely done, sir!

Old
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
36kap36

Hey Blew Jackets, we're still waiting......changes? Haha, no way THAT would happen when we're this bad. Fans are jumping ship by the handful each day, and this isn't helping. OH WAIT. They don't care about their fans. Ridiculous.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 1100
Funny.

Ovenchickens first goal came off a pass that deflected off skates. Washingtons third goal was on a deflection. The other two, well, let's not blame our players for executing.

Don't get me wrong. I was OK with firing SA in late October. But to blame these late breakdowns SOLELY on him is laughable. To think that inserting a coach like Scotty Bowman will create heart in the players is silly. Our team has no heart, no character, nothing. That should be directed at the players.

Fire everyone. Players, coaches, ice cleaners, and especiall hot dog vendors.

Know who is in the playoffs? The Bengals!!!!!

Old
01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Guarantee you the Bengals aren't making the playoffs in an 82 game season.

Old
01-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Funny.

Ovenchickens first goal came off a pass that deflected off skates. Washingtons third goal was on a deflection. The other two, well, let's not blame our players for executing.

Don't get me wrong. I was OK with firing SA in late October. But to blame these late breakdowns SOLELY on him is laughable. To think that inserting a coach like Scotty Bowman will create heart in the players is silly. Our team has no heart, no character, nothing. That should be directed at the players.

Fire everyone. Players, coaches, ice cleaners, and especiall hot dog vendors.

I give them credit for getting it done, but they can thank the NFL for how schedules are made.

Next season, it won't be an easy road for them.

Old
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
GalileoSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz View Post
If there were competent Hockey people in charge, he wouldn't have gotten to this point to make such a comment. I have completely lost faith in this organ-eye-zation from the front office to the peanut vendor.

The ushers are nice, though.
I have since given up on the Jackets to the point where I won't spend any money on them. However I went to a game a few weeks ago on a friend's ticket and yes, the ushers were friendly. Also, I too have lost faith in the organization. I wonder if just walking into the Jacket locker room is almost enough to extinguish any kind of winning attitude, what with the sad history of the franchise.

Anyway, I have come to find debates like "Fire Arniel" kind of pointless, and insufficient in their concept. A genuine, hockey-smart front office is needed first and foremost. Then I'd like to see a huge overhaul. I mean HUGE. No panic trades, but everyone is on the block. Next year almost everyone is new, including coaches, GM, the GM's handful of top advisers*, and all but perhaps a handful of players.

The Blue Jackets challenge; try to win me back. It's possible, but it can't be done by putting up billboards telling me "I gotta see it live!" And it can't be done with a few minor trades. I need evidence that winning is important. I mean EVIDENCE.

*newly formed positions

Last edited by GalileoSmith: 01-01-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Guarantee you the Bengals aren't making the playoffs in an 82 game season.
Why not? They beat all the teams that are under .500 on their schedule. The Jackets may want to start with that.

Old
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
gonz
Shampoo Slowdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
The Blue Jackets challenge; try to win me back. It's possible, but it can't be done by putting up billboards telling me "I gotta see it live!" And it can't be done with a few minor trades. I need evidence that winning is important. I mean EVIDENCE.
Agreed. A marketing slogan does not an attitude make. This team has a hang dog look to them most nights. There's no will or fortitude. It's as if the players expect to lose and, once behind, seem to be able to dig deep to come out on top.

Everyone is expendable, in my opinion, save one. I still hold out hope that Rick Nash can still be a part of this team but I don't really see his low key attitude as captain material. We could use a Jarome Iginla-type in the locker room.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:50 PM
CCHIPSS

I hope Arniel think 4 times before cancelling another practice. Because look at Vancouver.

Beat Oilers 5-3
Beat Sharks 3-2
Beat Ducks 5-2
Lost to Kings 1-4, played like crap for one game. Was on New Year's day. Next game at the nearby Sharks

Their coach flied the WHOLE team from LA back to Vancouver to practice at 1pm the next day. Then they are flying to San Jose to fight the Sharks tomorrow.

Look at their determination. Look at how much they care about their games. Other than skills and talent, there are many other factors that leads to their success.

If I am the CBJ coach, there will be practice every other day until they get a winning record (win more than losses) in one of the months.

Last edited by CCHIPSS: 01-02-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old
01-01-2012, 10:18 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz View Post
Agreed. A marketing slogan does not an attitude make. This team has a hang dog look to them most nights. There's no will or fortitude. It's as if the players expect to lose and, once behind, seem to be able to dig deep to come out on top.
Correct. A marketing slogan is a promise. If the product doesn't back that up, it's a broken promise, which is actually worse than no promise at all.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:44 PM
FANonymous

Hooray for avatar unity!

Closed Thread