HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Fire Arniel" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 9544
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Hooray for avatar unity!
I changed mine.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:02 PM
3 goals = chili

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
This team cancels practice more than i feel a team with 10 wins in 38 games should.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

I'd change my avatar but I'm not even going to give Arniel the respect of using his words against him, on the basis that if I'm changing my avatar, it's going to be a 49ers avatar first and foremost.

Once the 49ers are done, I'm sure Arniel won't be fired by that point -- even if the Super Bowl is delayed a month and the Niners made it there -- so it'll still be timely.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Old
01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
LOL!!

Old
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I bet Hitchcock would have known that stat.

Old
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Not doing another avatar change so soon, but there's other ways I can hop in.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-01-2012, 11:41 PM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I'd change my avatar but I'm not even going to give Arniel the respect of using his words against him, on the basis that if I'm changing my avatar, it's going to be a 49ers avatar first and foremost.
I wouldn't say it's about giving him respect or disrespect or whatever, I just think it's one way for us to make something out of this debacle of a season. If we can't have fun watching our team win, then we really should try to cope/have fun any way we can. If that means making light of our coach's inability to deal with the press, then hey, it's something. It might seem like a simple case of schadenfreude, and it might be, and if so, so be it.

Not saying anyone else has to follow along, of course; I figured I'd be the only one sporting an avatar like this, but hey, I made something and people liked it. Cool.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I've been waiting.

Now that is classic, i want THAT for my avatar!!

Old
01-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Matt Foley
No Pur filter....

Oh, wth...

Last edited by Matt Foley: 12-19-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old
01-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

That's GOLD, Jerry, GOLD

Old
01-02-2012, 08:48 AM
EspenK

Ok, I'll play-just piling on

Old
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Here's what we got on our wishlist for next season:

Prospal
Roy
Carlyle

Old
01-02-2012, 11:00 AM
blahblah

Interesting that the HC was so far off on a stat that should be well known to the coaching staff. It should have been analyzed and discussed by the coaching staff. Such a poor stat on 4 on 4 should have been something in the back of a coaching staff's mind. It's not an obscure or useless stat.

Instead he gets blindsided by the media and then has a woe is me moment and acted as if the media was out to bury him. The question was rather innocent.

This is the sign of an unprepared coaching staff (at least head coach) as well as someone who isn't handling the stress very well.

Interesting. I wonder if there was some internal discussions on the incident. This is almost a white flag moment from someone intent on getting himself fired.

If this was just a brief pity party for oneself, that was one thing. But to get blindsided that badly on something that should be known, at least not to be such far off. Wow is all I have to say. Arniel isn't helping Howson come up with reasons to keep him. Professionalism is starting to go by the wayside and it's probably not a great idea to become this confrontational with the media. Especially Lori of all people.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:29 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Interesting that the HC was so far off on a stat that should be well known to the coaching staff. It should have been analyzed and discussed by the coaching staff. Such a poor stat on 4 on 4 should have been something in the back of a coaching staff's mind. It's not an obscure or useless stat.

Instead he gets blindsided by the media and then has a woe is me moment and acted as if the media was out to bury him. The question was rather innocent.

This is the sign of an unprepared coaching staff (at least head coach) as well as someone who isn't handling the stress very well.

Interesting. I wonder if there was some internal discussions on the incident. This is almost a white flag moment from someone intent on getting himself fired.

If this was just a brief pity party for oneself, that was one thing. But to get blindsided that badly on something that should be known, at least not to be such far off. Wow is all I have to say. Arniel isn't helping Howson come up with reasons to keep him. Professionalism is starting to go by the wayside and it's probably not a great idea to become this confrontational with the media. Especially Lori of all people.
+1+1

Old
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Best one so far.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Arniel is "fragile." Everyone needs to stop "piling on."

Old
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Arniel is "fragile." Everyone needs to stop "piling on."
And we wonder where the team gets it from!

Old
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I am honestly mystified by his continued employment.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Shawn Mitchell @smitchcd
Arniel: "You can write whatever you want. You can talk about whatever you want...I'm not commenting. Ask players & get their opinion." #CBJ
Wow. Seems the coach is still a bit ********.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
01-02-2012, 01:09 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
And we wonder where the team gets it from!
Exactly. Arniel is fragile. We are now seeing it. The players have been a witness to it for a season and a half. No wonder they play like they don't give a damn, and tank on the rare occasion they hold a lead. This is what a team that is quitting on their coach looks like. Howson needs to fire him right ******* now.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
Wow. Seems the coach is still a bit ********.
Did you read the part about him saying he didn't really care what was hanging over the player's heads? Wow.

This is like watching an exorcism.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

The whole 4-on-4 debacle that went down in the presser was pretty bad, and Arniel has justifiably paid the price in the twitterverse and blogosphere the last couple of days.

However, when I heard the presser I was pretty pissed about him using the excuse that the team had no gas in the tank in the third. Despite his remark to the contrary, I seem to recall him using this excuse pretty frequently (no, I don't have the stats on this, so don't pile on me.)

It's so ridiculous of a comment, especially when the Caps schedule post-Christmas was even more taxing, as many have pointed out.

Conditioning has been a rumored CBJ problem for many years. It could be more fans' perception than fact, but the puzzling practice cancellations (both Hitch and Arniel) and poor play in the third and in back-to-backs has fueled this perception. In addition, we have direct comments from coaches that support that this has been an on-going problem for the Jackets (e.g. Noel graded the team's conditioning as 3 out of 10 in Feb 2010; Arniel said Voracek's lack of conditioning was holding him back at the end of last year).

In fact, when Arniel first arrived I was at a STH Q-and-A session and I asked him to outline his and newly-hired strength coach Kevin Collins' approach to conditioning and whether he could assure us as fans that this perception would be changed under his watch. In his answer, he didn't want to comment on what had happened under Hitch's watch (which is fair enough). He also said he couldn't go into any specifics on his approach to conditioning, saying he and Collins had just started working together at that time and they were still feeling each other out (OK, but I was hoping for something more concrete based on his experience in Manitoba). However, he said something to the effect that he would guarantee that the Jackets would be one of the fittest and hardest-working teams in the league. I remember he finished his answer with something to the effect of: 'We won't win every game, but the fans will know that we gave 100% effort every game'.

Yet, here we are a year and a half later, with multiple practices cancelled, players being 'gassed' in the third, and multiple players dramatically under-performing with respect to their previously shown ability. I realize it was just a cliche answer Arniel was spouting off to me, but I don't feel like we've made any progress in this area that should just be a given for professional athletes.

Why is this still a damn problem? Is this all on the players or can we not actually find a coach who can use practices to get these guys up to speed? I get that fatigue can be a problem with certain bad stretches during the year, but I'm just so sick of this team using this excuse. Rant over.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
Nice rant and I agree, but you have to admit one thing, Arniel was right, they won't win every game

Closed Thread