Bruins @ Chicago 10/15/11

Continue here.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

vCash: 500
Had to miss the shootout (damn work). Hopefully they put the highlights on TSN soon.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
yay points! I was beginning to forget what those looked like

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Blue Liner

Good win for you guys. Hawks decided to stop playing in the third for whatever reason and you guys took it to 'em. Now that this game's over, good luck the rest of the way. Know this is a big two points for you guys given your start and the fact it was on the road in a pretty tough building. Just wish your next W could've waited another game.

It's a shame we only play each other once. Always been a B's fan after the Hawks and I like this team in particular. Plus, it's been a fun exchange here on the HF Boards. It's nice to be able to chit chat and post without a bunch of angst and BS. Always have had good experiences with Boston sports fans in person as well. Appreciate the recognition in here of us being the same way. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way ladies and gents. Maybe a Cup Final battle will be in our future.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:38 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
yay points! I was beginning to forget what those looked like
Amen

I wasn't being hard on Pouliot, I just thought it would have been a funny yet heartbreaking loss if it happened like that. How ironic would it have been that the Bruins play a great road game, only to have Pouliot's atrocious skating cost them any points?

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Greyhounds

In before this thread is filled.

Greyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:39 PM
BIitz
RIP LL

Said this in the GDT but I'll keep it short and sweet.

Seguin looked great out there. He will become a star soon. Love how he kept it simple in the SO. I say this as a Leaf fan so it's got to mean something right?

Good luck with the rest of your season. To bad you don't play the Hawks again.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Good win for you guys. Hawks decided to stop playing in the third for whatever reason and you guys took it to 'em. Now that this game's over, good luck the rest of the way. Know this is a big two points for you guys given your start and the fact it was on the road in a pretty tough building. Just wish your next W could've waited another game.

It's a shame we only play each other once. Always been a B's fan after the Hawks and I like this team in particular. Plus, it's been a fun exchange here on the HF Boards. It's nice to be able to chit chat and post without a bunch of angst and BS. Always have had good experiences with Boston sports fans in person as well. Appreciate the recognition in here of us being the same way. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way ladies and gents. Maybe a Cup Final battle will be in our future.
Strangely enough I think most people on the Bruins board would say that the feelings are mutual.

Old
SupremefartMachine

I'm relieved, simply put. I'm just glad they won, whoooooo!!

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Amen

I wasn't being hard on Pouliot, I just thought it would have been a funny yet heartbreaking loss if it happened like that. How ironic would it have been that the Bruins play a great road game, only to have Pouliot's atrocious skating cost them any points?
I honestly don't remember his skating being that bad before. I almost wonder if it's Wheeler disease, where for the first ten or so games it looked like he was in a hurry to go nowhere before his effort started translating to actual velocity. If he's really as immobile as he's looked of late, I'm kind of concerned. Say what you want about Ryder, but he had an extra gear to get into space or seams, he just used it way too little. If Pouliot doesn't have that gear, that line isn't going to be particularly effective.

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Good to see that Seguin keeps dominating... however others are still asleep.

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Amen

Oh totally agree. I was waiting for the hammer to fall on that..

Glad that it didn't!

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
bruinsfan46

Tyler Seguin is just unreal, kid is on his way to superstardom. Kessel has actually got himself off to a very chance to get Leafs fans all giddy: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1006131

It's actually seems unfair to get Seguin, Hamilton (17 points in 9 games) and Knight (6 goals in 7 games) for a streaky one dimensional goal scorer (although apparently he's added more dimensions to his game, we'll see on Thursday).

bruinsfan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Alan Ryan

Good win Bruins.

Providence won also. Check out the P-Bruins sticky thread.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dishtank

Nice win by u guys, Seguin played good and Thomas had some nice saves. Thanks for beating Vancouver btw!

Dishtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

I don't think the Blackhawks stopped playing - it just looks that way when the other team turns it up a notch, and I think that's what the Bruins did; they finally put it in gear. Chicago's PP struggles didn't help either. (a familiar sight for Bruins fans)

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=953

We need a Trollyer Seguin thread to compile all Trolling Seguin pix for reference

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TCL40

Pouliot's penalty was mostly just bad luck. The guy can skate fast but he doesn't seem to be able to stop. I would rather see somebody take a penalty going hard at the puck than getting caught and hSooking or slashing to slow up the opposing player.

Seguin looked good tonight although he struggled at the dot early on. I honestly think some of those switch ups regarding who centered Lucic and Horton was more about the faceoff than how Seguin was playing once the puck was in play.

The Bruins seemed to play harder and more in sync in the 3rd, but boy did the ice seem to be pretty bad by the end of the game. The puck was hopping all over the place.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:47 PM
BostonAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by banalpie View Post
I honestly don't remember his skating being that bad before. I almost wonder if it's Wheeler disease, where for the first ten or so games it looked like he was in a hurry to go nowhere before his effort started translating to actual velocity. If he's really as immobile as he's looked of late, I'm kind of concerned. Say what you want about Ryder, but he had an extra gear to get into space or seams, he just used it way too little. If Pouliot doesn't have that gear, that line isn't going to be particularly effective.
It remains an enigma as to why Julien thought he was the only free agent winger worth picking up this offseason. The space was there, and we do need a real top 6 winger. We all wanted Ryder gone, but only under the assumption that an improvement would be made.

BostonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Segs has himself a 5 game point streak going on.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I don't think the Blackhawks stopped playing - it just looks that way when the other team turns it up a notch, and I think that's what the Bruins did; they finally put it in gear. Chicago's PP struggles didn't help either. (a familiar sight for Bruins fans)
Power play is dreadful. No excuse for it. You guys had more offensive chances on the Hawks PP's than the Hawks did. I think I can only remember one time where Thomas had to come up with a big save on any PP.

On the tying goal one guy DID flat out stop playing; Keith. Coasting after a dumped puck and kudos to whoever the Bruin was that skated his ass off, got the puck and made the pass leading to the goal. Completely got outworked in the that third period.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by banalpie View Post
The Montreal folks always joked about his skating, and now we can see why. I honestly don't see Pouliot staying on his feet any more than he does now. I'm not sure how he moves because he looks like a fish out of water unless he is accelerating in a straight line.

Ryder can skate, he just chooses to coast. I'm still a big fan of his for some reason.

Old
KidCanada*

Timmy going overboard to stone Kane twice in the shootout = classic Timmy.

Seguin does not miss.

This was the kind of game we needed to get back on track.

KidCanada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Segs has himself a 5 game point streak going on.
Not really... We got shut out by Colorado.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:53 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Power play is dreadful. No excuse for it. You guys had more offensive chances on the Hawks PP's than the Hawks did. I think I can only remember one time where Thomas had to come up with a big save on any PP.

On the tying goal one guy DID flat out stop playing; Keith. Coasting after a dumped puck and kudos to whoever the Bruin was that skated his ass off, got the puck and made the pass leading to the goal. Completely got outworked in the that third period.
I believe it was Boychuk. Then again, Horton, Lucic and Seguin were all within 5 feet of the crease, leaving Chara in no man's land. If that pass misses or Keith puts even an ounce of effort into that, Chicago could have had a very easy odd-man rush.