Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Chicago 10/15/11

Old
10-16-2011, 10:03 AM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

vCash: 500
If Seguin goes to Bergy's wing does that line become the first line? And by first line here I'm referring to first line matchup wise not elite player wise. I think they'd be the elite offensive line, but do you still use them as the shutdown line at that point? Or does the Krejci line go up against opposing teams top lines so Bergy's line can get better matchups?

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:05 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Claude will destroy this kid, Seguin is a talent not seen here since well,I dont know when. Who gives two craps that he is not great in his own end.

Problem with this coach is there are standards he holds Seguin too that all other players get free passes on.

Why is Thornton in the line up? Zero fights,not even a sniff of one how about the 4 line on the ice with 3 minutes left in a tie game vs the top line of the other team. Lets judge his awful coaching decisions he makes game after game.

Lets hold the coach accountable for the disgraceful power play thats the joke of the league.

I really hope that management doesn't allow Claude to continue to call this kid out. There are MANY players on this team that are playing like garbage and need to be called out for it.

Sorry for the rant but the Claude Seguin comments are getting old.
Only took 5 games...

I'm kind of surprised, but I'm really not.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I'm usually one of the first to bash Julien about Seguin, not this year though, I love that Julien is actually playing him in a bigger role and he is taking greater responsibility and Seguin has handled it real well.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:08 AM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

I don't agree with his post, but I gotta say Thornton was horrible yesterday. He was slow, and got beat to every puck that came near him. Not sure if he's injured but he didn't look like himself.

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:11 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

A few thoughts:

-I remember a few Habs fans saying that Pouliot falls down a lot. Man, they were right. He still looks ok but it seems like he doesn't have full control of his limbs, which is weird to say about anyone who has gone through puberty.

-Bergeron on the shootout. Same move every time. The puck got away from him last night but we all saw what was coming. Change it up, Patrice!

-Kane is a joy to watch. Just a beast. Looks like he has the puck on a string.

-Seguin. Oh man, he is getting better and better every game. I don't know where I would play him when Krejci comes back. He looks great at center but it doesn't seem like the best move for the team to have him play without some real talent. I might put him at the wing with Bergeron and Marchand. Not sure.

10-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Caron has been by far the worst Bruin, Thornton hasn't played nearly as bad as him.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Seguin is better on the wing for now...Honestly, other then Marchand, we don't have any forwards that can keep up with him. His vision took Lucic and Horton by surprise last night.... I'd put him with Bergy and Marchand when DK comes back.... A 3rd line of Pervs-Kelly-Pouliot would be really solid as well IMO.

We need to trade for the right player... not necessarily the most talented, but the one that will complement Seguin's skill set.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:24 AM
nowayguy
Maybe Next Year

Claude has been giving Seguin good minutes this season, no reason to call for Juliens head.

nowayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:25 AM
jokerboysmith

Happy to get the two points.
Glad to see Horton pot one and Seguin is looking grea this year.

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
mattbnh

Quote:
Claude will destroy this kid, Seguin is a talent not seen here since well,I dont know when. Who gives two craps that he is not great in his own end.

Problem with this coach is there are standards he holds Seguin too that all other players get free passes on.

Why is Thornton in the line up? Zero fights,not even a sniff of one how about the 4 line on the ice with 3 minutes left in a tie game vs the top line of the other team. Lets judge his awful coaching decisions he makes game after game.

Lets hold the coach accountable for the disgraceful power play thats the joke of the league.

I really hope that management doesn't allow Claude to continue to call this kid out. There are MANY players on this team that are playing like garbage and need to be called out for it.

I don't agree.

I was worried about some of this, and last night I was initially afraid I was seeing Sequin take the blame for Lucic and Horton's play.

As the period went on, my mind was changed. I think Claude does see what Seguin is doing, and he is putting the onus on 17 and 18 to get out of their own funk.

Remember the play when Horton passed back, and the puck went out of the zone? Brick was saying it was Seguin's mistake - that he let the puck go past because he thought a defenseman was at the point. Well, the next shift it was Horton glued to the bench, not Seguin - Claude put out Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin - so you can see what Claude thought was going on.

Claude did not hesitate one second to put Seguin in Krejci's spot. This is not last year. Claude's remarks about having Tyler play two positions were all about strengthening Seguin and making him a better player as he grows and goes from boy to man. Essentially he doesn't want Seguin to grow into a candy-assed center and he also wants to keep Seguin's head fitting in a helmet. People have remarked that the kid has an ego, and I think keeping that in check is valuable.

Winston Churchill said: The price of greatness is responsibility.

Claude would do Seguin a disservice if he did not hold him and his talent to a high, if not higher standard.

In the remarks after the shootout, Seguin said he looked at video and saw how Crawford defended the Peverly backhands, and he decided to go with speed and a straight on shot, and said he was glad he guessed right - that shows the kid is thinking and learning under this coaching staff.
I am good with that.

mattbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:45 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Huge 2 points. Hopefully this will get them back on the right track and feeling good about themselves.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:48 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayguy View Post
Claude has been giving Seguin good minutes this season, no reason to call for Juliens head.
Not calling for his head either but is it necessary to continue to bring up Seguin as if he is the only player that needs work on both ends of the ice?

Focus on his strengths and build on them,This team lacks offensive creativity and Seguin gives them that.

Stop trying to turn him in to Chris Kelly.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:10 AM
remer

The problem we have is that Sequin is showing that he is an elite talent and the Bruins are just not sure where he belongs. Talent wise- Sequin has great on ice vision and he reminds me a bit of what Marc Savard brought to the game. I always commented that it was hard to find teammates that could play well with Savy. This might be the case for Tyler. He needs to find some chemsitry with some players and he needs to stay at the center position.
The issue might be the third line not having enough talent. Poulit had been okay, but nothing special yet. Chris Kelly is more like a fourthline center and maybe that is where the move needs to be. Caron does not look like much more than a fourth liner at this time.

Luici Krejci Horton
Marchand Bergy Pevs
? Sequin Pouliot
Paille Kelly Campbell/ Thorton

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:25 AM
northeastern

Quote:

what? Did I miss a postgame interview that clause ripped on seguin? Because I'll admit I didn't watch/read anything after the game. but from my seat I think claude has a bigger problem with the wingers on the first line, not seguin. that kids been on fire and claude showed faith by sending him 1st in the so.

and thornton will stay in the line up. as he deserves to be. yes he should be fighting but there's a little more to it than that.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
You made this post: "I just think that when talking about a player, especially when talking about a player who plays for the team that you are a fan of, you should spell the name correctly."

Then made one in which you spelled Tuukka's name 2 different ways... both of which were incorrect. Granted, it's a pretty weird name to spell, but if you are going to call out the other guy...
pretty sure he did that on purpose

Good win. Glad my gdt didn't add to the streak

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:31 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Quote:
You made this post: "I just think that when talking about a player, especially when talking about a player who plays for the team that you are a fan of, you should spell the name correctly."

Then made one in which you spelled Tuukka's name 2 different ways... both of which were incorrect. Granted, it's a pretty weird name to spell, but if you are going to call out the other guy...
I was intentionally being a jacka@#, the whole statement was messed up. Look at it again...,

"Clode sucks at coaching. Tuuka deserves to play. Put Krecji out there. Tukka is a gooder goalie."

There's Clode, Tuuka, Krecji, Tukka, and gooder, not to mention the thing was in quotes to begin with. I was intentionally being a jacka@#.

Last edited by beantown bullies: 10-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.
beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
TCL40

I do not get this "Julien is going to ruin Seguin" stuff this year. Seguin got a ton of ice time last night. I think he was among the forwards with the most ice time and he doesn't kill penalties. He got his ice time and his chances. Julien is letting him play when he does well and he has been rewarded with plenty of ice time.

Quote:
i thought the "bouncing" only happened because of campbells fight, not a strike against seguin at all.
Honestly I thought some of the line switching was about the face off dot. Julien was putting Bergeron out there for certain faceoffs because Bergeron is the most consistent face off guy and Seguin was getting his butt handed to him in the face off dot in the first period especially (he didn't win a single face off).

Also some of the switching in the third was the typical Julien penchant for sending out either a centerman where they are on their strong side depending on where the face off was and in some cases making sure there were two cenermen on the ice in case one gets thrown out.

Quote:
Caron has been by far the worst Bruin, Thornton hasn't played nearly as bad as him.
I completely agree with this. Caron just seems to be struggling and I am not sure he is ready for the NHL stage. Or maybe it chemistry-not sure, but Caron mostly looks slow and clueless.

Oh and we have decided in our house that Pouliot builds up nice skating speed but can't stop very well or stay on his skates very well.

So basically the changes IMO were about winning key face offs and putting the best face off guys out there.

Last edited by TCL40: 10-16-2011 at 11:41 AM.
TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:39 AM
missingchicklet

Not sure how anyone can question Claude's handling of Seguin at this point. He seems to be pleased with Seguin's play and is trying to put him in situations that help him improve as well as help the team win games. Kid is on the first line now and scored the winner in the SO. I have the utmost confidence in Claude to properly bring Seguin along.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
I was intentionally being a jacka@#, the whole statement was messed up. Look at it again...,

"Clode sucks at coaching. Tuuka deserves to play. Put Krecji out there. Tukka is a gooder goalie."

There's Clode, Tuuka, Krecji, Tukka, and gooder, not to mention the thing was in quotes to begin with. I was intentionally being a jacka@#.
LOL my mistake. Carry on then!

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
Not sure how anyone can question Claude's handling of Seguin at this point. He seems to be pleased with Seguin's play and is trying to put him in situations that help him improve as well as help the team win games. Kid is on the first line now and scored the winner in the SO. I have the utmost confidence in Claude to properly bring Seguin along.
He's giving the kid a chance to succeed and be great and so far it's working.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Claude began trying to destroy Seguin last year, and it's continuing this year. It's obvious from the way he has been playing to start this season.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:48 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

I know it's only been 5 games but im just throwing this out there:

Seguin is 4th in TOI for forwards on the team with 17 min and 9 sec av (behind just Bergeron, Marchand, and Peverley), leads the team in points with 1 goal and 4 assists, and leads the team in +/- with +3

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:48 AM
TCL40

Just checked the ice time.

Seguin had more ice time among forwards with only Bergeron, Peverly and Lucic getting more. Marchand had about the same.

Julien isn't holding Seguin back and is giving him ice time.

I am not really convinced that Seguin would fit best on Bergeron's wing defensively, but when Krejci comes back I would like to see Seguin get some top 6 minutes. At this point none of the lines seem to be all that productive so a little bit of line switching might be in order anyway.

I would still love to see Seguin play some on Krejci's wing-which might mean moving Horton to Bergeron's wing and Peverly back to Kelly's (but I think Kelly and Peverly play well together anyway).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:52 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Quote:
LOL my mistake. Carry on then!
LOL all good Quincy.

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:53 AM
YzerGuy
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I know it's only been 5 games but im just throwing this out there:

Seguin is 4th in TOI for forwards on the team with 17 min and 9 sec av (behind just Bergeron, Marchand, and Peverley), leads the team in points with 1 goal and 4 assists, and leads the team in +/- with +3
just imagine how good he would be if Claude wasn't trying to destroy his career.

Damn you CJ....damn you to hell!!!

YzerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote