HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Sunday, October 16th Jets Papers (Optional Skate practice player interviews)

Old
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Given Byfuglien's role on this team and his absolute piss poor play to date, he best be resting an injury to have not attended an optional practice this early into the year.

In my honest opinion, for a hockey team who hasn't resembled a 'team' in any sense of the word, each and every guy should have been at this practice, as should the coaches. I get sometimes it can be good to get away from the rink, but given the circumstances thus far and just starting the season, an optional skate is a little questionable to me. This group needs to be on the ice figuring things out. A team that is this out of sync doesn't need to give it's players a day off and the option whether or not to attend practice. We've got a lot of work to do.

But hey, if we show up tomorrow night and don't resemble the crap we've witnessed the past 3 games, i'll rest my case.

10-16-2011, 10:53 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

As soon as I read that only 2/3 of the team showed up, I knew this thread was gonna get lit up, lol.

I don't think a winless team deserve options.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Bane99

vCash: 500
Yeah, they look like they need to get their systems in sync. I'm hoping this is Noel trying to get a read on the character of certain players. The ones who are accountable see more ice in the next game?

Bane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
KingSalamon

In all fairness, all players are different. Buff is the kinda guy who could likely not practice and just play. Like Thor said in his interview today, he takes advantage of any chance to skate because he enjoys it. That is his choice.

Buff may want to get his mind off of things... relax and erase the first few games. Maybe he wants to get his focus and perhaps a bit of nasty ready for tomorrow. Time will tell though.

I wonder if Mason has his family here with his new addition.... he would spend all the time he can get with his family. Going on the road trip would have been tough enough. Too bad he did not get the win on Saturday for the baby.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:21 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
In all fairness, all players are different. Buff is the kinda guy who could likely not practice and just play. Like Thor said in his interview today, he takes advantage of any chance to skate because he enjoys it. That is his choice.

Buff may want to get his mind off of things... relax and erase the first few games. Maybe he wants to get his focus and perhaps a bit of nasty ready for tomorrow. Time will tell though.

I wonder if Mason has his family here with his new addition.... he would spend all the time he can get with his family. Going on the road trip would have been tough enough. Too bad he did not get the win on Saturday for the baby.
Maybe Buff was chasing greenbacks on the Red today?

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Maybe Buff was chasing greenbacks on the Red today?
I would say - whatever floats his boat - but I better not mention Buff and boating in the same sentence.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:41 AM
express

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post

Who does Buff think he is? Allen Iverson?

express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
KingSalamon

It's just practice, man. Practice. lol I liked when one reporter said that to PK Subban when he and another player had an 'incident' at practice. lol

Old
10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Optional practices are well optional. Of course I would like to see everyone out there, especially the players who have done poorly so far. But as a coach you would look pretty bad if you got mad at a player who didn't show up for an optional practice. Especially since almost the whole coaching staff wasn't there.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote