HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game #5: St. Louis Blues at Anaheim Ducks

Old
10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
I agree it's not really coaching, although as suggested in some posts they could adjust some systems... The big problem is the new additions

I think you forgot Arnott, Langenbrunner and Grachev for personnel in...but anyway the big issues is that many of the personnel in are for experience but they're not offensively oriented players, Langenbrunner is playing on are top line and he's a 3rd or 4th line guy at best, his big skill is board-play. I think of the vets we picked up, Arnott has been the best offensively and Huskins has been solid on D. Nichol and especially Langenbrunner have no place on the team or probably the NHL. We have players with no or very little upside taking up roster spots for either young prospects, free agents or additions from a trade.
I'm talking strictly PK and PK only. Langs is the only one likely to see much PK duty out of those but he's good defensively so there's no reason he cannot be a contributing member to a better PK than what we are seeing.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:35 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
*sigh*

until the announcers brought it up, I had forgotten that St. Louis had tried (and failed) to sign Rinne when he came to N.A.

oh what if...

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:14 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
*sigh*

until the announcers brought it up, I had forgotten that St. Louis had tried (and failed) to sign Rinne when he came to N.A.

oh what if...

I think you mean Jonas Hiller, and I agree, that would've been a huge move for this franchise.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote