HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik - Beast Mode

Old
10-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Missing defensive defensemen is a reason why we can't score???
Well... yes. Our D last night had a very hard time getting the puck out of the zone. The Isles were progressively forechecking behind the net all game. When you can't get the puck out of your own zone, it prevents offense from happening. When you have Staal and Sauer back in the line-up, the D is much better and can create offensive zone time.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
its 3 ****ing games. 2 of which in europe and the other in our archrivals home arena.
I see that, but I just didn't think we'd lose 3 games with the Richards/Gaborik line producing in all 3 of them. It's a surprise.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:53 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Missing two of your best defensemen has an impact on more than just keeping the puck out of the net.

When the defense is shaky the forwards have to come back more/further to help. The team has a harder time getting control of the puck in our zone because our defensemen aren't as good. Plus, while Staal and Sauer may not be PMDs, they are probably our two best top-4 defensemen all-around, including when it comes to consistently getting the puck out of the zone.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Tavares = Beast Mode
Kessel = Beast Mode

Gaborik is playing well but he's not beasting it up yet. Definitely a step in the right direction though.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Dubi 17 View Post
ok so i heard some stuff but don't rip on me for saying it. I work at a bar and these 2 guys who are passionate ranger fans come in. I always talk with these guys and there from Smithtown aka they know a lot of guys who came out of long island who are in the nhl (komisarek, higgins, and birnstill whos in the danish league) One of birnstills brothers was out one night with dubi and a bunch of other rangers said gabby last year was going through some relationship problems. Heard "his fiance left him" . Now if that's true i understand why he could of had a bad season. I've seen countless times when people break up it totally changes the person and there's always **** on your mind. Happened to someone i know close and he was a totally different person and playing hockey with him wasn't even the same! Swear to god.. just wanted to throw that tidbit in there.
That would explain alot, just look at Tiger Woods

Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:59 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Well... yes. Our D last night had a very hard time getting the puck out of the zone. The Isles were progressively forechecking behind the net all game. When you can't get the puck out of your own zone, it prevents offense from happening. When you have Staal and Sauer back in the line-up, the D is much better and can create offensive zone time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Missing two of your best defensemen has an impact on more than just keeping the puck out of the net.

When the defense is shaky the forwards have to come back more/further to help. The team has a harder time getting control of the puck in our zone because our defensemen aren't as good. Plus, while Staal and Sauer may not be PMDs, they are probably our two best top-4 defensemen all-around, including when it comes to consistently getting the puck out of the zone.
Thank God I am not the only one who noticed this. The breakout was horrendous last night and they kept on icing the puck. Staal is our best defenseman when it comes to carrying the puck up the ice.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Calad
Section 422

Richards definitely has to be a big part of why Gaborik is playing so well, not to mention Gabs looking pretty healthy. Richards has not been very flashy in 3 games so far but I think hes made a lot of really quiet smart plays. Stepan looked awesome with the 2 of them last night and will hopefully be an awesome 1st line this season and hopefully more to come?

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:31 PM
beastly115

Last year Gaborik didn't show up, everyone else did.

This year Gaborik shows up, no one else is.

We just can't win.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Last year Gaborik didn't show up, everyone else did.

This year Gaborik shows up, no one else is.

We just can't win.
This year? You mean 3 games, 2 of which were in Sweden after a long ass Euro-trip?

Old
10-16-2011, 02:34 PM
beastly115

Quote:
This year? You mean 3 games, 2 of which were in Sweden after a long ass Euro-trip?
Yes, after 3 games no one else has shown up.

There is nothing wrong with that statement.

So go yourself.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Yes, after 3 games no one else has shown up.

There is nothing wrong with that statement.

So go yourself.
All I'm saying is, 3 games in to the season is not "this year". To say that only Gaborik is showing up and no one else is this year only given a 3 game sample, makes no sense. After 15 games, say it if it is so, but right now it doesn't apply. That's all.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:40 PM
beastly115

Quote:
All I'm saying is, 3 games in to the season is not "this year". To say that only Gaborik is showing up and no one else is this year only given a 3 game sample, makes no sense. After 15 games, say it if it is so, but right now it doesn't apply. That's all.
Ok, I'll rephrase my statement if it makes you happy.

As of now, no one else is showing up.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
I talked with Gabby after the game yesterday. I don't want to write it here in case there's any NHL officials scanning boards like these. PM, and I'll reply when I'm back from hockey practice.

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
It is because Gabby grew out his beard. Now he looks alpha as **** out there and everybody knows that he is ready to score 93 goals and 225 assists

Really though, Gabby looks like he is ready to have a big year

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Giacomin

3 games is a small sampling but I think most Rangers fans like what they see out of Gaborik so far.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Because everybody who decided to show up last year has been atrocious so far.

Dubinsky has been horrible, Boyle is a no-show, and we're missing Vinny Prospal, one of our biggest consistent producers down the stretch last year.
Yeah, I'm still not quite sure why we didn't go after re-signing Prospal to a minimum contract. To give youthful players more time who don't produce?

Prospal was consistent for us each of the last two seasons. Despite being injured, he had... ~ 23 points in 29 games? Already has 3-goals on this season.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If Gabby is in Beast Mode what mode is Tavares in?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If Gabby is in Beast Mode what mode is Tavares in?
Tavares is in #1 Overall Pick Mode

Old
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Most of Tavares' goals are coming off of deflections...i just dont see him continuing to get those bounces...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Most of Tavares' goals are coming off of deflections...i just dont see him continuing to get those bounces...
Great players get great bounces. Barring injury, it will continue.

Some fans in these forums are ready to hang themselves because of the results after 3 games. Others are declaring Gaborik in beast mode because he has 2 points in 3 games. You can't make this stuff up.

The problem has never been about Gaborik's ability. It's been about his durability. After 3 games, I am not prepared to declare this season a beast year for him.

If he stays healthy he should get 40-55 goals, assuming Richards stays healthy. More likely, he sustains some sort of nagging injury and plays 60 something games and gets 30 something goals.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
ruckus*

Yeah funny he would look good when he's not recovering from a separated shoulder anymore.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Regarding Staal's absence affecting our offense...Girardi and McDonagh weren't bad the other night but when Staal's in the lineup that pair is a lot more effective when it comes to getting the puck out of our zone as quickly as possible and moving it up the ice. Staal may not tally a bunch of points or play huge powerplay minutes or anything, but you can't score if you're stuck in your own end of the ice, and it hurts that much more when you're stuck there while the other team's first line is on the ice.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Gaborik isn't beasting it up yet, but he'll be there soon. He's looked really good - like 09-10, in my opinion. Richards and Gaborik seem to be on the right page. It's a beautiful thing.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Staal and Sauer are important for our offense as well. Staal and Sauer are good 1st pass defenders. Eminger and Woywitka/Bell aren't. There is a reason why they are depth guys. Whenever those guys were on the ice last night, sans one pass from Eminger last night which was a thing of beauty, they don't have those capabilities.

My real issue is that our players are deflecting pucks into the zone and we tried way too many stretch passes last game resulting in that. The team failed to move up the ice as a unit and that needs to be addressed.

Also, Gaborik and Richards are looking legit right now. Stepan played really well with them last night and even added a physical aspect to his game that I hadn't seen in a while. I hope that line sticks together for a while because having two players that are pass first players with Gaborik will force him to shoot more and he'll get set up more as well. Pack line and Boyle's line need to step it up though.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
It is because Gabby grew out his beard. Now he looks alpha as **** out there and everybody knows that he is ready to score 93 goals and 225 assists

Really though, Gabby looks like he is ready to have a big year
He does look insanely alpha.

Whereas Christensen looks very beta.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote