HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cgy-sj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2011, 11:03 PM
  #1
sweHockeypunk21
Registered User
 
sweHockeypunk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CALI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Cgy-sj

Assuming that the Flames are running a sale on their players by the deadline and not making playoffs...


2nd round pick 12
Mcginn/Petrecki



Olli Jokinen

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Jokinen-Handzus-Mitchell
Winchester-Desjardin-Murray
Wingels/Mcginn

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
  #2
FLAMES666
Registered User
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 1800
I would do it

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
  #3
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
No.

Why should the Flames do this? If we moved Olli we could get a better return than that.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
  #4
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,885
vCash: 500
Why do the Sharks need Olli? Especially if he's playing way out of position.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
  #5
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
I wouldnt take Jokinen on my team if I was trying to win a cup.....


That being said I doubt he gets a second let alone McGinn.


Maybe a conditional pick.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
  #6
FLAMES666
Registered User
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
No.

Why should the Flames do this? If we moved Olli we could get a better return than that.
Did you not read his explanation before he mentions the trade.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
  #7
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 16,207
vCash: 500
Sharks don't need a center

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
  #8
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Did you not read his explanation before he mentions the trade.
That is a reason as to why the Flames would move Olli, not why we would want this return.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
  #9
FLAMES666
Registered User
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
That is a reason as to why the Flames would move Olli, not why we would want this return.
How much more do you think the Flames could actually get? Because that is fair value unless the sharks just send their 1st straight up

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:18 PM
  #10
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 50
I'd do it.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
  #11
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
How much more do you think the Flames could actually get? Because that is fair value unless the sharks just send their 1st straight up
It's not about getting more, its about who we are getting.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:52 PM
  #12
BigDmitriy
Registered User
 
BigDmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
How about 1st 2012 + McGinn for Glencross?

I think Glencross fits the Sharks' needs a lot more. Thoughts on that proposal?

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:57 PM
  #13
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,547
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
How about 1st 2012 + McGinn for Glencross?

I think Glencross fits the Sharks' needs a lot more. Thoughts on that proposal?
Flames would consider it and probably say yes IMO? As much as Glencross is a fan favourite, and his contract is very manageable, he *could* be replaced with the acquisition of Lee Stempniak and David Moss playing with Jokinen on the second line. Instead of OMG, there's now MSG?

I don't know much about McGinn though? Expand on his qualities other than youth?

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:13 AM
  #14
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 38,807
vCash: 500
I doubt Jokinen would choose to play in San Jose even as a rental. If I'm not mistaken, it is his choice.

I wouldn't mind Stempniak but I think him, Hagman, and Morrison are the only open forward choices along with David Moss if they end up needing to trade off expiring contracts.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:21 AM
  #15
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Error 503
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,555
vCash: 50
I'd do Jokinen for 2nd and Petrecki in a heartbeat. Unless the Flames make the playoffs, Jokinen's not coming back. Three straight years of no playoffs mean big changes are coming and Jokinen would be a prime target to move.

Glencross has a NMC or a NTC; I can't remember which. He specifically negotiated for that because apparently, he really wants to stay in Calgary. Not much of a chance he leaves.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:22 AM
  #16
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
I wouldnt take Jokinen on my team if I was trying to win a cup.....


That being said I doubt he gets a second let alone McGinn.


Maybe a conditional pick.
Do you even know what your talking about?

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:26 AM
  #17
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,725
vCash: 500
Keep it simple, Moss for Ferrerio and Moore, or even a G Prospect

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:00 AM
  #18
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I donno dudes. I think that San Jose would be more into going after another defenseman. I think San Jose has more than enough firepower up front.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:31 AM
  #19
The Architect
When weasels fly...
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I donno dudes. I think that San Jose would be more into going after another defenseman. I think San Jose has more than enough firepower up front.
Respectfully, you'd be wrong. Dead wrong in fact.

San Jose is loaded on D.

Murray - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns
White/Vandermeer - Demers (2nd Unit RD last year)
Moore - Braun

From the Flames, Sharks would be interested in Glencross, I'd say Bourque but not for that contract, and Stempniak.

Moss - not too sure about. Can he play wing? We are stacked at center.

The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:49 AM
  #20
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Respectfully, you'd be wrong. Dead wrong in fact.

San Jose is loaded on D.

Murray - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns
White/Vandermeer - Demers (2nd Unit RD last year)
Moore - Braun

From the Flames, Sharks would be interested in Glencross, I'd say Bourque but not for that contract, and Stempniak.

Moss - not too sure about. Can he play wing? We are stacked at center.
Call me crazy, but I don't think much of that third pairing. We had Vendermeer in Edmonton last year. At one point Smid and Peckham were getting more ice time than he was... so that's not saying a hell of a lot.

Glencross... Bourque.... Stempkiak... so you're looking for a third line forward. Much cheaper than what's being discussed here IMO.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:03 AM
  #21
The Architect
When weasels fly...
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Call me crazy, but I don't think much of that third pairing. We had Vendermeer in Edmonton last year. At one point Smid and Peckham were getting more ice time than he was... so that's not saying a hell of a lot.

Glencross... Bourque.... Stempkiak... so you're looking for a third line forward. Much cheaper than what's being discussed here IMO.
And that's what we ARE looking for - a third line forward. And between White, Vandermeer, and Braun - take it from this Sharks fan our third pairing is fine.

For any Sharks fans that disagree with me, I'll put it this way: Our need for a solid 3rd line forward who can play spot duty in the top 6 is more important than a 3rd pairing Dman.

The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
  #22
madmike77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
It will all depend on how Olli is playing at the time and what other offers are on the table. Right now it looks like a decent deal, but the Flames likely won't do much until close to the deadline.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
  #23
flamesfan5
Registered User
 
flamesfan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
I wouldnt take Jokinen on my team if I was trying to win a cup.....


That being said I doubt he gets a second let alone McGinn.


Maybe a conditional pick.
You really dont watch much hockey do you?

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:22 AM
  #24
BigDmitriy
Registered User
 
BigDmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post

I don't know much about McGinn though? Expand on his qualities other than youth?
Let's see - other Sharks fans might wanna help me out, but he is fairly physical, aggressive on the forecheck, he could score some goals (scored 10 I believe a few seasons ago), and can work with cycling the puck. He's a decent bottom-6 guy with some room for improvement and he is very young as you said

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
  #25
flamesfan5
Registered User
 
flamesfan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Let's see - other Sharks fans might wanna help me out, but he is fairly physical, aggressive on the forecheck, he could score some goals (scored 10 I believe a few seasons ago), and can work with cycling the puck. He's a decent bottom-6 guy with some room for improvement and he is very young as you said
Only problem there is the majority of our farm team is bottom 6 players.

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.