HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Perrah

vCash: 500
What do people think they will do with Emelin because if he goes back to Russia this time he probably wouldnt come back. They will need him going forward since I cant imagine gill or spacek being brought back next year.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Come on man. You cannot even compare amount of resources that have been spent on Weber compared to Diaz. Weber has been brought along by this organization, Diaz was nothing but a free agent signing. Weber is infinitely more valued by the organization at this point.
That part of my post was more of a gut-feeling than an actual proof-based argument. Weber playing at forward, as capable as he may be of doing that, always came off to me as the team not trusting him to play D, or not *willing* to let him play D.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's the impression I've always gotten. Got the same one with Streit, and that's one of the reasons he left, despite the fact he was very apt at playing D.

Quote:
This is flat out wrong.

Diaz has gotten 20 minutes or more of TOI twice this season, Weber has had 20 or more minutes of TOI seven times.

The only time Weber got less than 17 minutes was in game 1.
Well then, I stand corrected.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:57 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
What do people think they will do with Emelin because if he goes back to Russia this time he probably wouldnt come back. They will need him going forward since I cant imagine gill or spacek being brought back next year.
I think they will continue to do what they have been doing, ease him into the NHL. Emelin is not stupid, he knows that you will have to sit some games when you haven't won a spot with an NHL team yet. His major qualm was being sent down to the AHL, he does not want to play in an inferior league, outside of his home country.

At some point I would like to see him back in the lineup though, may be sit Gill or Diaz for a game.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Et le But

In the case of Emelin I think it's as much to do with not wanting to be shifted around between Hamilton and Montreal, in a country he's not familiar with, as it is about the level of play. As long as he's given opportunities I don't think he will angry sitting.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
In the case of Emelin I think it's as much to do with not wanting to be shifted around between Hamilton and Montreal, in a country he's not familiar with, as it is about the level of play. As long as he's given opportunities I don't think he will angry sitting.
The money is a big factor, he'd be making like 100k in the AHL when he could be making 2 mil or more in the KHL which is about the same calibre.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:45 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
Markov 1-2 weeks away from practicing with the team but will skate on his own in the meantime.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

D Andrei Markov is expected to be 1-2 weeks away from practicing with the team. He will skate on his own before joining his teammates in practice. - TSN

from RDS
Andrei Markov est revenu de la Floride vendredi, après y avoir passé trois semaines en compagnie de son chirurgien, le docteur James Andrews. Le défenseur russe devrait en principe recommencer à patiner en solitaire, la semaine prochaine. On est encore loin d'un retour au jeu, dans son cas.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Anybody hear anything about White or Campoli?

Old
10-28-2011, 02:50 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Sounds like he should be good to go mid November.

I hope to see:

Markov-Gorges
Subban-Emelin
Weber-Gill

Though Spacek and Diaz will likely be in there, with Emelin and Weber the odd men out...

Old
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Anybody hear anything about White or Campoli?

Not much.

About Campoli: http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../124596/public

Quote:
CHRIS CAMPOLI PERSISTE ET SIGNE
Victime d’une blessure à une cuisse, Chris Campoli n’aura disputé qu’une seule rencontre avec le Canadien.
Rappelez-vous, quelques heures avant le dernier match préparatoire, face au Lightning, je lui avais dit que le numéro 17 portait malchance chez le Canadien.
Le soir même, il n’avait pas terminé la rencontre, victime d’un coup à la tête. Et lors du premier match de la saison, il avait quitté rapidement.
J’ai croisé Campoli pour une première fois depuis et immédiatement il m’a révélé qu’il n’était pas question qu’il change de numéro. Il se dit entêté à changer la réputation du 17.
Mon petit doigt me dit qu’il va atteindre son objectif. Reste qu’il ne sait toujours pas quand il va recommencer à patiner.
Mostly about how Lavoie told him that 17 was bad luck before the injury but Campoli is determined to come back and change the number's reputation. There's still no word on when he'll start skating again.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:52 PM
KingKovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
from RDS
Andrei Markov est revenu de la Floride vendredi, après y avoir passé trois semaines en compagnie de son chirurgien, le docteur James Andrews. Le défenseur russe devrait en principe recommencer à patiner en solitaire, la semaine prochaine. On est encore loin d'un retour au jeu, dans son cas.
This is all weird because I just saw him arrive at Trudeau airport from from I don't know where.. Wasn't he skating this morning?

Old
10-29-2011, 01:54 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Not much.

About Campoli: http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../124596/public

Mostly about how Lavoie told him that 17 was bad luck before the injury but Campoli is determined to come back and change the number's reputation. There's still no word on when he'll start skating again.
habs should retire the number and hang it up there in the Bell's rafters with the names of LARAQUE and BOYD on it... ."the less deserving Habs of all time.

Old
10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

I hope to see:

Markov-Gorges
Subban-Emelin
Weber-Gill

Though Spacek and Diaz will likely be in there, with Emelin and Weber the odd men out...
To me the pairings should be

Markov-Gorges
Spacek-Subban
Gill/Emelin-Weber
Diaz

Spacek has been relatively decent so far this season, but I am all for sitting him (like Gill) every couple games to give them some rest. They probably don't want it, but if we manage to stay healthy either we are trading some bodies or we are going to have to alternate a little bit because all of Weber, Diaz and Emelin deserve to see ice based on their play thus far.

Old
10-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

I hope to see:

Markov-Gorges
Subban-Emelin
Weber-Gill

Mid november is 2 weeks away. No chance he's coming back in 2 weeks. Provably 4-6 weeks.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Jesse Pinkman

Any updates on White?

Old
10-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1n1te View Post
Any updates on White?
Would anyone know the approximate TIMEFRAME for:

White? (sports hernia...1 more month to go? more? what's the difference between a hernia and a sports hernia??).
Markov (practicing in a week or two? playing in end of November?).
Campoli? (December? end of December? why is everything so hush-hush with Campoli's timeframe? Montreal Habs or Montreal FBI?! Montreal KGB?!).
Gomez? 1 week? (TSN said 1 week...1 week ago!).

Moen needs some help out there (not fair to him).
Ryan White...get well .
Can't they call up Conboy for a few games? (to help help out Moen?). Schultz?
I don't want Gorges fighting a Ryan Malone ever again, and I don't want Moen having to fight often...he needs some help.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:16 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

White? (sports hernia...1 more month to go? more? what's the difference between a hernia and a sports hernia??).
Campoli? (December? end of December? why is everything so hush-hush with Campoli's timeframe? Montreal Habs or Montreal FBI?! Montreal KGB?!).

Ryan White...get well .
I don't want Gorges fighting a Ryan Malone ever again, and I don't want Moen having to fight often...he needs some help.
conboy and schultz are nowehere near ready to play in the NHL in any capacity - yes, even at applying their fists to people's faces they'd get outmatched at it.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:10 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
conboy and schultz are nowehere near ready to play in the NHL in any capacity - yes, even at applying their fists to people's faces they'd get outmatched at it.
That's what I thought, but still hoped one of them would be sort of ready! (just to help Moen a bit). But ''sort of'' might also not be good enough for now. Next year, I guess!

Guess we will have to wait for Ryan White (miss that gritty warrior).

Old
10-31-2011, 03:34 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Ryan White...get well .
wanted approximate ? you got it, Campoli -> December...

that's approximate a'right..

Old
10-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Corncob

Quote:
I don't want Gorges fighting a Ryan Malone ever again
The only way Conboy or Schultz would prevent that exact situation from happening is if they were on a line with Plekanic and Cammaleri and facing opposition like Stamkos and St Louis.

Is that what you're suggesting?

Because otherwise Conboy/Schultz are sitting on the bench watching Gorges fight Malone...

Old
10-31-2011, 05:12 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
wanted approximate ? you got it, Campoli -> December...

that's approximate a'right..

So, here's to hoping for this below lineup sometime in December! (what will Gauthier do with all these dmen?! IF everyone remains/gets healthy in December/January...that'll be the day! but I'll try to be positive, especially towards Markov's fragile body).

Markov - Emelin?/Weber?
Gill/Spacek - Subban
Campoli - Gorges

Diaz?
Gill?
Emelin?
Weber?

Old
10-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
The only way Conboy or Schultz would prevent that exact situation from happening is if they were on a line with Plekanic and Cammaleri and facing opposition like Stamkos and St Louis.

Because otherwise Conboy/Schultz are sitting on the bench watching Gorges fight Malone...
I don't want to suggest anything too specific, but...I just don't want to see Gorges fight a Ryan Malone ever again. Although I so respect Gorges' huge heart (I would have signed him to a 3-4 year contract last summer). Gorges defended Campoli and I respect that but he could have suffered a VERY serious eye/jaw/head/wrist/elbow/shoulder injury by fighting Malone.

I would much rather see a Conboy/Schultz fight 6'5 Malone rather than our top 3 dman (6'0 Gorges). Heck, if 6'7 Hal Gill was on the ice (I forget), then I'd prefer seeing Gill (who can handle himself in a fight) take on Malone instead of Gorges. Anyways...you know what I mean. I don't want to make this the ''toughness thread''!!

In the end...I wish that animal Ryan Malone didn't violently hit Campoli the way he did. Deserved a 5 game suspension or more,imo.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Blunden is as good a fighter as those two RIGHT NOW, maybe they will be better in 1-2 years though...but we are talking NOW...

Old
10-31-2011, 08:46 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post

You guys are so clueless about the tough guy in the line-up.

If Gorges has to fight Malone, than MAB has to fight Shultz. That's how it works.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Maverik

Quote:
I don't want to suggest anything too specific, but...I just don't want to see Gorges fight a Ryan Malone ever again. Although I so respect Gorges' huge heart (I would have signed him to a 3-4 year contract last summer). Gorges defended Campoli and I respect that but he could have suffered a VERY serious eye/jaw/head/wrist/elbow/shoulder injury by fighting Malone.

I would much rather see a Conboy/Schultz fight 6'5 Malone rather than our top 3 dman (6'0 Gorges). Heck, if 6'7 Hal Gill was on the ice (I forget), then I'd prefer seeing Gill (who can handle himself in a fight) take on Malone instead of Gorges. Anyways...you know what I mean. I don't want to make this the ''toughness thread''!!

In the end...I wish that animal Ryan Malone didn't violently hit Campoli the way he did. Deserved a 5 game suspension or more,imo.

Gill can handle himself in a fight? Since when?

Old
10-31-2011, 08:54 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Sweet, maybe for my Christmas present, I'll get to see Markov play in 2027.

Closed Thread