HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
Chantal Machabee posted this in her facebook account

Andrei Kostitsyn a quitté l'entraînement...on ne sait pas pour quelle raison...#CH
AK left the training... we don`t know why

trade proposal in 3..2..1...

Old
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
gillyguzzler

AK gave a puck to a fan and JM signalled him out for a neutral zone giveaway and sent him to the room. He's off the PP now and may line up next to Gomez on Tuesday.

Old
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

I can't wait to finally have The General back with the team. He is still our best player.

Markov - Gorges
Spacek - Subban
Gill - Weber

Old
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
Chantal Machabee posted this in her facebook account

Andrei Kostitsyn a quitté l'entraînement...on ne sait pas pour quelle raison...#CH
AK left the training... we don`t know why

trade proposal in 3..2..1...
That would be awful! The return would need to be wonderful to make trading AK worth it, he's far more important for this team than most realize..

Old
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Stradale

He's injured. He might also not play tomorrow.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/329679.html

Old
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He's injured. He might also not play tomorrow.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/329679.html
Eller on the wing... Gomez centre maybe? Ohhh noooooo!

Old
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I can't wait to finally have The General back with the team. He is still our best player.

Markov - Gorges
Spacek - Subban
Gill - Weber
Markov was our best player, I would put at least Price above him, and possibly Pleks.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Can Emelin play the right side? You wouldn't be able to pair him with Gill if not. Gill has trouble pivoting quickly on his good side... can you imagine him pivoting as a Right D? Ouch!
He played right side in the KHL I think and also in preaseason.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Teufelsdreck

Of all possible reasons for not dressing Emelin, the least legitimate would be his skating ability. How many Hab Dmen skate better than Emelin? Maybe Subban. We can eliminate Markov, Gill, Spacek, Gorges, and I think Weber as well. I'm not sure about how Emelin and Diaz compare in their skating.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Why the Diaz hate all of a sudden? You guys are more manic than my wife.
I don't think anybody hates Diaz...but his play has dipped since the first 5-6 games and there is no reason not to play Emelin, having him sit on Tuesday would be moronic.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Eller on the wing... Gomez centre maybe? Ohhh noooooo!
How thick is this coach? Obviously put Desharnais on wing and Eller and Gomez at center. Duh.
The only reasoning to leave Desharnais at center is that he's better at faceoffs, but man, not by much.
Desharnais is 44.8%. Eller at 40%. They both suck, lol. To me, Eller is just much stronger on the puck in both ends of the ice. Continuously putting Eller at wing is just madness. It's time to start giving one of the key members of the Habs future some confidence!

Old
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Has anyone heard anything concerning Gomez being able to suit up tomorrow? All I heard was that he practied this morning, but with a green jersey on. Meaning no physical contact. I doubt he'll be available tomorrow.

If Gomez and Kostitsyn aren't available tomorrow, does that mean a call-up is in order? Or will our brilliant coach just play Emelin as forward ???

I wanna see Leblanc get a quick shot in the big leagues, Palushaj is a boring choice IMO

Old
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Gary320

Gomez wont play tomorrow. I assume if Andrei doesn't play, Weber plays some forward time tomorrow.

Old
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Has anyone heard anything concerning Gomez being able to suit up tomorrow? All I heard was that he practied this morning, but with a green jersey on. Meaning no physical contact. I doubt he'll be available tomorrow.

If Gomez and Kostitsyn aren't available tomorrow, does that mean a call-up is in order? Or will our brilliant coach just play Emelin as forward ???

I wanna see Leblanc get a quick shot in the big leagues, Palushaj is a boring choice IMO
They probably gonna plug Weber on the 4th line and promote Darche with Eller and Moen. So, Yemelin will have a chance to play.

Old
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
They probably gonna plug Weber on the 4th line and promote Darche with Eller and Moen. So, Yemelin will have a chance to play.
Eller is a lucky boy.

Old
11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Markov is "almost ready" to come back...

As per RDS.ca

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/329716.html

It says that he's still skating alone, might join the team "soon" but we don't know when

Old
11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller is a lucky boy.
Of course. Eller gets to play with superstar Darche.

Old
11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post

Markov - Gorges
Spacek - Subban
Gill - Weber
I wouldn't count on that , 2 yrs older and 2 major surgery's. Hope i'm wrong, i think he's never going to be 100% anymore !!

Old
11-07-2011, 05:51 PM
kassian

Gomez is like a cancer. Once he's back, the Eller line will somehow find itself decimated and Gomez will find himself with one of Lars and A.K., which will lead to them sucking. Plus, that'll put an end to Blunden's stance, who's been very good physically and completed a beautiful 4th line with Noki. Darche has to sit down, because I would like to see a 4th line with the likes of White (once he comes back), Noki, Blunden... hell, anything but Darche honestly.

I seriously think Gomez needs to start sitting down. I'm not even talking about AHL here. Just a good ol' healthy scratch to remind him that we won't have to put up with his sucky play @ 7 something million. I mean, the guy's been that terrible and apparently his ''Redemption year'' isn't 2011-2012.

Old
11-07-2011, 06:24 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Gomez is like a cancer. Once he's back, the Eller line will somehow find itself decimated and Gomez will find himself with one of Lars and A.K., which will lead to them sucking. Plus, that'll put an end to Blunden's stance, who's been very good physically and completed a beautiful 4th line with Noki. Darche has to sit down, because I would like to see a 4th line with the likes of White (once he comes back), Noki, Blunden... hell, anything but Darche honestly.

I seriously think Gomez needs to start sitting down. I'm not even talking about AHL here. Just a good ol' healthy scratch to remind him that we won't have to put up with his sucky play @ 7 something million. I mean, the guy's been that terrible and apparently his ''Redemption year'' isn't 2011-2012.
You cant, you either play him or send him far away (Hamilton, trade, whatever)...

wathever we think of the guy, he's still the highest paid player on the team, got a few 70+ pts seasons under his belt, won a cup... a most importantly, he was there with the Gill, Moen, Plekanec, Gionta, etc when we made it to the ECF two seasons ago... having him a healthy scratch would only cause more problems... we may not care about his status, the coaches probably dont care either, but his teammates sure do, they all do - even those who he isnt really friend with...

If anything, this is a lose-lose situation for both the Habs and Gomez...

- Plek is our #1 C
- Eller is improving and has gread chemistry with AK and even Moen
- DD doing the same, improving and developping chemistry with Cole and Cammy

so, what's left, 4th line C ? well, 4th liners play a grinding game usually wich is not at all Gomez forte, and offensively it's not like he's going to get back on track playing 5 minutes a game with guys like Darche or Blunden...

So, whatever JM does (and I hope Gauthier gave him the OK to do whatever he wants with Gomez) it's pretty much guaranteed Gomez will not succeed AND it will be detrimental to the team...

Old
11-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Jigger77

Personally I'm looking forward to Gomez being back. We need help at center and especially on draws. Really happy about Markov returning. Can't wait to see what we look like with his contribution. Certainly won't hurt the powerplay. Bodies are starting to come back. Hopefully nothing too serious with AK. Also hope White comes back soon too we need that spark plug.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post

So, whatever JM does (and I hope Gauthier gave him the OK to do whatever he wants with Gomez) it's pretty much guaranteed Gomez will not succeed AND it will be detrimental to the team...
jeez... And I thought iwas the doom n gloom guy...

Agree entirely.

Until ellr/DD play themselves out of their roles, any attempt to reintegrate Gomez in a top9 C role is not likely to end well.

Wonder if we might see him on a wing if cost is out a few games?

Old
11-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Gomez has played what, 4 games...3 of which we didn't play that well. i think it's very premature to say he won't have a bounce back year. I think you have to give him at least a month healthy to see if he can get his mojo back before you consider a trade, demotion or benching.

I thought he looked better so far this year though the points didn't come(except preseason).

Old
11-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to Gomez being back. We need help at center and especially on draws. Really happy about Markov returning. Can't wait to see what we look like with his contribution. Certainly won't hurt the powerplay. Bodies are starting to come back. Hopefully nothing too serious with AK. Also hope White comes back soon too we need that spark plug.
Finally some reasonable thought.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Roke

Renaud Lavoie tweeting Gomez won't play tonight. Would have been nice to have him back tonight countering Edmonton's Kid line's extreme offensive zone usage.

Closed Thread