HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Wild guess but I guess he will practice with the team for the rest of the week with a no contact jersey.. than next week have a regular jersey. Maybe play at the end of the month if all goes well.
Sounds fairly realistic to me, though Markov's agent actually told the media that the Habs org are being extremely careful with Markov and aren't rushing him at all. In fact they're doing the complete opposite. They want him to be 100% when he comes back, whether it's in October 2012 or December 2011.

I actually like this. It's too bad he can't help us now but we're staying .500 and with a full healthy 100% Markov people will see the kind of team we will be.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
overlords
Hfboards

The comedian in me would love to see Gomez come barreling out of nowhere and plowing Markov. Fan reaction would be priceless.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:31 AM
zzoo

I wonder who pays Markov salary during his absence ? Habs, the insurance, the Players Association or no one ?

Old
11-14-2011, 11:31 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The comedian in me would love to see Gomez come barreling out of nowhere and plowing Markov. Fan reaction would be priceless.
LOL the org would probably sue Sather for tampering

Old
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I wonder who pays Markov salary during his absence ? Habs, the insurance, the Players Association or no one ?
Habs.

NHL contracts are guaranteed and are payed no matter what. (Unless player retires)

Old
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Habs.

NHL contracts are guaranteed and are payed no matter what. (Unless player retires)
I thought insurance pay for an injured player?

Old
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I imagine it's a mix of both depending on what type of insurance they have on him and whether or not he was insurable coming off the injury he suffered. I'm sure the Habs have some sort of insurance contract taken out on Markov, but insurance companies can get very creative with the coverage they offer. Might not even kick in until Markov meets certain playing requirements or passes predetermined health milestones.

If insurance is paying for all of Markov's salary right now, after he's missed the last 365 days of hockey, the Habs must be paying some enormous premiums.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
FeelsLike93

This guy on twitter "***************" mentioned that Markov was practicing with the team. I asked him when he thought hed be back and he said "within 2 weeks"
Im not counting on this guy being too reliable but do you think that is a reasonable timeframe?

Id rather he take the extra week, just take it slow. These last 2 years were nothing short of a nightmare with him

Old
11-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
This guy on twitter "***************" mentioned that Markov was practicing with the team. I asked him when he thought hed be back and he said "within 2 weeks"
Im not counting on this guy being too reliable but do you think that is a reasonable timeframe?

Id rather he take the extra week, just take it slow. These last 2 years were nothing short of a nightmare with him
What do you think he's been doing

Just because he's practising with the team now it doesn't mean he wasn't practising along before. I bet he spent an hour a day on average skating alone, building up strength in his knee. I bet he's already pretty much up to speed with what he should be. He just needs to shake the cobwebs off from not having played for a year.

I'm not saying he can play again right now but I think the next few weeks are going to be more about him getting back in the beat and when he comes back we'll probably see an immediate impact.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Hasn't Crosby been practicing with the Pens team for a month now. And he still isn't scheduled to play.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post

I'd say 3 weeks. Might be sooner if everything goes absolutely without a hitch. A week or so with no contact. Then he'll move onto practicing with contact for another week and a bit. I expect them to take a bit longer with him in the 'practice with contact' phase and will really want to feel out any complications with his situation.

Either way, he'll be back soon enough. The defensemen who don't want to be benched/sent down to hamilton need to go into overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Hasn't Crosby been practicing with the Pens team for a month now. And he still isn't scheduled to play.

Concussions are the special case of sports injuries. They're ridiculously unpredictable and the recent crackdown coupled with Crosby's status in this league probably has them taking extraordinary precautions.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Gary320

Quote:
They are kinda two different matters and also two different players.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Crosby had the worst injury a hockey player can get.

Concussions and knee injuries are totally different.

I'm actually thankful it was a knee injury Markov got instead of a CC. Crosby will remain a much higher risk of re-injury.

My feeling is that he (SC) still has very mild symptoms, but the team decided to let him practice so that fans would still have hope and go to the games.

On another note though, I'm stoked at having Markov come back. Just can't wait to see him play. Been my fav Habs for years.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Awesome news! Here's hoping he's in the line up before December 1st

Old
11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I imagine it's a mix of both depending on what type of insurance they have on him and whether or not he was insurable coming off the injury he suffered. I'm sure the Habs have some sort of insurance contract taken out on Markov, but insurance companies can get very creative with the coverage they offer. Might not even kick in until Markov meets certain playing requirements or passes predetermined health milestones.

If insurance is paying for all of Markov's salary right now, after he's missed the last 365 days of hockey, the Habs must be paying some enormous premiums.
This,

I remember Tony Marinaro mentioning that the reason signed him to a 3 year deal instead of the original 2 year offer is because they were able to get an insurance policy that would cover most of Markov salary if he got hurt.

I know its only Marinaro but I think he has some sort of insight specially when its about Markov.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Crosby had the worst injury a hockey player can get.

Concussions and knee injuries are totally different.

I'm actually thankful it was a knee injury Markov got instead of a CC. Crosby will remain a much higher risk of re-injury.

My feeling is that he (SC) still has very mild symptoms, but the team decided to let him practice so that fans would still have hope and go to the games.

On another note though, I'm stoked at having Markov come back. Just can't wait to see him play. Been my fav Habs for years.
Same. Always been a sucker for defenseman, which is why I love PK as much as I do. Markov was my original man-crush 10+ years ago. I remember telling all my friends how good he'd be and getting into arguments with Leafs fans that he'd be better than Kaberle (especially defensively). Right now PK is my favourite player, but I'll be torn when Markov comes back because I've loved him for a long time.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
number 11

cammy out tonight

RDSca RDS
Michael Cammalleri ne sera pas dans la formation du Canadien ce soir face aux Sabres de Buffalo. ******/7tlNR

Old
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Stephaaane

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
cammy out tonight

RDSca RDS
Michael Cammalleri ne sera pas dans la formation du Canadien ce soir face aux Sabres de Buffalo. ******/7tlNR
Hal Gill too......

«Malade, le défenseur Hal Gill était lui aussi absent et il ratera la rencontre de ce soir.»

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/330023.html

Old
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
What will the lineup look like for tonight?

Moen - Plekanec - Gionta
Cole - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Palushaj - Eller - Gomez
Engqvist - Nokelainen - Darche

Old
11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
What will the lineup look like for tonight?
Weak.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Habs have partial insurance on Markov's contract, (and they're paying through the nose for it.) Don't know the numbers. There was some media coverage in the papers about it, back when he signed.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Craig71

Hopefully Markov will come back soon, he has been through tough times in the last 2 years.

It has to be tough mentally to be such an elite hockey player and know how bad you want to play, but be physically unable to do so.

As for Sidney Crosby, I agree with Ozymandias, but I can see him not coming back at all this year. The Pens are doing good without him, there is no rush for him to be back.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Hopefully Markov will come back soon, he has been through tough times in the last 2 years.

It has to be tough mentally to be such an elite hockey player and know how bad you want to play, but be physically unable to do so.

As for Sidney Crosby, I agree with Ozymandias, but I can see him not coming back at all this year. The Pens are doing good without him, there is no rush for him to be back.
if they werent doing as well i think we'd see crosby alot sooner.
I dont think he will miss the year though.
Still alot of hockey to play and seems he's very close to coming back

Old
11-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Habs have partial insurance on Markov's contract, (and they're paying through the nose for it.) Don't know the numbers. There was some media coverage in the papers about it, back when he signed.
Insurance covers 100% of long term player injury, it is in the CBA. All teams have 100% player coverage for injuries of this nature.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
OneSharpMarble

He has been gone so long, gonna be weird to finally have him back.

Closed Thread