HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris

Old
10-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

vCash: 500
Turris

I figure with Enroth being a potential NHL starter and with Phoenix likely wanting a goalie for the future it fits to trade a strength for a strength.

The only problem is cap, this is hoping we could either talk Turris into around 2 million a year or make room by burying/ trading away/ putting someone on IR.

If he turned into a 1b to Roy this would be a steal

Enroth + 3rd

for

Turris + Labarbera

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

lol....you're gonna get flamed.....

Nobody wants to give Enroth up...now that we finally have a capable back up...

But at some point...we're going to have to.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
lol....you're gonna get flamed.....

Nobody wants to give Enroth up...now that we finally have a capable back up...

But at some point...we're going to have to.
at some point, that point isn't now. Enroth is the best thing to happen to Miller, it allows him stay rested and come into the playoffs at an even higher level not being used relentlessly.

The value on Enroth is only going to continue going up as he gets more NHL experience, we've been behind him from the beginning, why bail now?

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

I think Enroth can be packaged for a better player than Turris when the time comes. That's just my opinion though. Clearly we'll have to trade him at some point.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Kruschiki

The Enroth situation is going to make for some very interesting posts in the coming months.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:31 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
The Enroth situation is going to make for some very interesting posts in the coming months.
I don't really see it as a "situation." We don't have enough cap space to trade him for an upgrade elsewhere unless it's someone on an ELC. When next summer rolls around I expect the market heats up a lot.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I don't know for sure if I'd do this, but I'd certainly consider it. Turris has excellent talent and I believe he could thrive in a system like Buffalo's. LaBarbera also has decent backup numbers and a winning record the past three seasons.

The only question from Buffalo's perspective is if they believe they can get more for Enroth or not.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

I'd rather package him for a bonified top 6 center.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
I don't really see it as a "situation."
There isn't one yet, that's why.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
no way jose.. Enroth stays for the next couple of seasons..

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Mark Visentin is likely the Yotes goalie of the future. They need men in the middle, just like Buffalo. The value doesn't seem to be there by need at least for Phoenix.

10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Evgeni Giroux

or keep enroth and have him as the goalie as the future

:

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

If the sabres make a move, it needs to be for a bona fide superstar up front. they have depth scorers - a **** ton of guys who'll put up 40 points. what they need is another game breaker to help them match up against teams like the penguins in the playoffs.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Keith View Post
I figure with Enroth being a potential NHL starter and with Phoenix likely wanting a goalie for the future it fits to trade a strength for a strength.

The only problem is cap, this is hoping we could either talk Turris into around 2 million a year or make room by burying/ trading away/ putting someone on IR.

Enroth + 3rd

for

Turris + Labarbera
If the Sabres are moving Enroth he will be included in a package for a First Line Center or for a Stud in the Back. Not for an unproven Center that is no better than Luke Adam at the moment. If I was Regier I would find every way to keep Enroth as I view him as the starter of the future after the Miller Era.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Starter after Miller?

You think you're gonna keep Enroth happy for another 5 years?

I doubt it.

Old
10-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Matty K

Quote:
Starter after Miller?

I doubt it.
If I was Darcy I would find every way possible to keep Enroth around. We don't have the luxury like the Canucks for example if they were to move Schneider and have Eddie Lack come up from the American Hockey League and replace him. We don't have anyone after Enroth that has the potential to be a starter down the road. Until we have that kind of depth at the Goaltender Position I would do what it takes to keep Enroth around.

Old
10-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty K View Post
If I was Darcy I would find every way possible to keep Enroth around. We don't have the luxury like the Canucks for example if they were to move Schneider and have Eddie Lack come up from the American Hockey League and replace him. We don't have anyone after Enroth that has the potential to be a starter down the road. Until we have that kind of depth at the Goaltender Position I would do what it takes to keep Enroth around.

Doing "what it takes" consists of $$$$ ... Something this team can't afford..in terms of Salary Cap.

Everything you say is true... I just don't see how it's possible.

Old
10-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Keith View Post

Enroth + 3rd

for

Turris + Labarbera
I'm not a huge Turris fan, but I do that in a heartbeat. Positional market value makes it a no-brainer. Centers are more difficult to come by than a pretty good backup goaltender. LaBarbera would be a suitable backup, and adding a 22-year-old top-9 center with the potential for more is very appetizing.

This is in a vacuum of course, especially if Turris is demanding an AAV of $3m+, a sum that Buffalo can't/won't pay him.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:01 AM
McTank

Hate to be that miller troll because I really do love miller but why trade Enroth? Let's ride miller for the next 2 years than we can trade miller and Enroth will be our goalie for the next 10 years

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:17 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Hate to be that miller troll because I really do love miller but why trade Enroth? Let's ride miller for the next 2 years than we can trade miller and Enroth will be our goalie for the next 10 years
Enroth doesn't have the resume (yet) to be seriously considered as a starter. After a full season as an NHL backup, the Sabres and 29 other teams will know. 2 years is a long time to see what we really truly have here in regards to Enroth.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Matty K

Quote:
Starter after Miller?

I doubt it.
If we break Enroth in slowly I think it's manageable. Enroth is only making $675,000 this year and next.

Depending on his performance I can't see Enroth getting more then $2,000,000 on his next Contract.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Enroth doesn't have the resume (yet) to be seriously considered as a starter. After a full season as an NHL backup, the Sabres and 29 other teams will know. 2 years is a long time to see what we really truly have here in regards to Enroth.
Enroth showed glimpses last Season that he has the potential to be a starter and after he single handedly stole some big games for the Sabres last Season that helped them get into the Playoffs.

Small sample size or not Enroth came through when the games mattered the most and that's what counts. I really don't think he needs anything else on his resume to prove he can be a starter.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
HiddenInLight

Beyond the obviously bad idea that this trade would be, your supporting reasoning is flawed right now Luke Adam is the number one center and playing like he is going to stayu there. Roy is 2a at best, 3 at worst. He needs to pick up his game a bit.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Enroth showed glimpses last Season that he has the potential to be a starter and after he single handedly stole some big games for the Sabres last Season that helped them get into the Playoffs.

Small sample size or not Enroth came through when the games mattered the most and that's what counts. I really don't think he needs anything else on his resume to prove he can be a starter.
So you think two excellent starts (vs Rangers, at Hurricanes) is a sufficient sample size to prove that a middling AHL goaltender can be a NHL starter? So what if people said his two starts against Ottawa and at Washington were sufficient to prove that he can't be a starting goaltender in the NHL. I think both statements are equally invalid.

We won't know whether Enroth can hack it as a full-time starter in the league for some time. Does he have potential? Sure, but you can say that about a lot of young goaltenders, several of whom will never make that next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Why trade Enroth? Well, under the OP's proposal, we'd be acquiring a 22 year-old center with big potential, even if much of it is presently unfulfilled--but that's the case with Enroth, as well, and Turris probably has the higher ceiling. Getting a center of Turris's age would be a boon to a system otherwise lacking young pivots of his ilk. I make that trade assuming we would have the cap room for Turris going forward. Backup goaltenders and even starting goaltenders are easier to come by than centers with the upside of Turris.

Last edited by Zip15: 10-17-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Remember when we use to have the best goalie depth in the league? Ah, good times.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote