HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Carter - Hairline Fracture (Foot)

Old
10-18-2011, 02:27 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.
Your inaction will equate into a net improvement.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:28 PM
grumpy chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
lol. you guys are missing my point. I love Nash. I just want him to put in a little more effort. im not blaming him for the suckery these days. I just do not like that no one ever puts any blame on him. I do not care how many goals he has. im just saying that he could almost double that with a little more effort.
im predicting a 4-1 win for the jackets.
I agree with Hooks. Nash is an awesome player, any team would love to have him. However, if you wear the "C" for a team you need to do whatever it takes to lead the team. The cbj need him to come out with a physical presence, even if it is outside his comfort zone. Come on Rick!! Throw that big body around like you did in the olympics, drop your gloves and kick the **** out of Ott or Morrow tonight (well at least give it a shot). The players and fans will respect and appreciate you whether you win or lose the fight. Who knows you may actually provide some energy and spark for a team that desperately needs it, enough to even win a game. Thats what a Captain should do!

grumpy chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:29 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
lol. you guys are missing my point.
Oh they get your point. This is about the 86th time it's been discussed.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:35 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy chuckles View Post
I agree with Hooks. Nash is an awesome player, any team would love to have him. However, if you wear the "C" for a team you need to do whatever it takes to lead the team. The cbj need him to come out with a physical presence, even if it is outside his comfort zone. Come on Rick!! Throw that big body around like you did in the olympics, drop your gloves and kick the **** out of Ott or Morrow tonight (well at least give it a shot). The players and fans will respect and appreciate you whether you win or lose the fight. Who knows you may actually provide some energy and spark for a team that desperately needs it, enough to even win a game. Thats what a Captain should do!
No I will be pissed that the Jackets best player is out of the game for 5 minutes. I have never understood how anyone would want Nash out there fighting. Should he stick up for his teammates yes and he has and does, but we do not need him sitting or worst hurt because he takes on a roll that is not his.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy chuckles View Post
thank you and well said grumpy chuckles.

ever seen the video of yzerman fighting the other teams enforcer. It showed grit and dedication to his team. that is part of the reason the wings were so good. Excellent captain.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
No I will be pissed that the Jackets best player is out of the game for 5 minutes. I have never understood how anyone would want Nash out there fighting. Should he stick up for his teammates yes and he has and does, but we do not need him sitting or worst hurt because he takes on a roll that is not his.
I remember earlier in the year seeing Carter get slammed into the goal post only to watch Nash skate by and not even say a word.

If Nash fought and was out a couple of games it would rally the troops and the results could be amazing. Could be devastating be what the hell.

Last edited by Hooks: 10-18-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 04:45 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Your inaction will equate into a net improvement.
A philosophy around which I have built my retirement.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 08:58 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Maybe this injury was why Carter looks lazy out on the ice. He just seems to float 90% of the game.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:32 AM
tdflyers

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Maybe this injury was why Carter looks lazy out on the ice. He just seems to float 90% of the game.
Ask Flyers fans Kshymkiw. They saw the same thing for years despite his ability to score 30+ goals. At one point he was labeled the worst 40 goal scorer ever.

tdflyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
A philosophy around which I have built my retirement.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdflyers View Post
Ask Flyers fans Kshymkiw. They saw the same thing for years despite his ability to score 30+ goals. At one point he was labeled the worst 40 goal scorer ever.
Flyers fan here and I come in peace. You will not hear me say a bad word about Jeff. I was more upset about him going than Mike Richards. Big fast forwards who can score are not a dime a dozen. Every team it seems has a whipping boy and Jeff was ours. Now it is Scott Hartnell. Hang in there, you have a very good player in Jeff and I wish nothing but the best for you guys.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Flyers fan here and I come in peace. You will not hear me say a bad word about Jeff. I was more upset about him going than Mike Richards. Big fast forwards who can score are not a dime a dozen. Every team it seems has a whipping boy and Jeff was ours. Now it is Scott Hartnell. Hang in there, you have a very good player in Jeff and I wish nothing but the best for you guys.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I have a friend that's a Flyers fan, who was always a huge Jeff Carter fan. Curious to see how he feels about Carter being traded, haven't talked to him since before the summer. I'm sure he would say something similar to what you just said.

Old
10-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Reaper1097

Flyers fan here as well and I wanted to see what Blue Jackets fans thought of Carter so far this season. Unlike hockeypete I was never the biggest carter fan and thought that he was the obvious choice to be dealt this past off season (i was shocked richards was traded and never saw it coming). Anyways, I know Carter is hurt right now but I was just curious if had changed his game at all from his time in Philly?

I always felt that he avoided high traffic areas (I.E. corners and in front of the net)and settled for the wrist shot coming down the wing that had very little chance of going in way too often. I felt that he could easily score 10-15 more goals a season if had the desire (and guts) lower his head and use his size and speed to go hard to the net and I thought a change of scenery and shock of being traded would allow a light bulb to go off and he would change his game. Is that the case?

I dont think the flyers miss him at all right now, but I guess we will see as the season progresses. I think the combo of Courturier and Voracek out ways his production...

What are the columbus fans thoughts of him?

Reaper1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
Flyers fan here as well and I wanted to see what Blue Jackets fans thought of Carter so far this season. Unlike hockeypete I was never the biggest carter fan and thought that he was the obvious choice to be dealt this past off season (i was shocked richards was traded and never saw it coming). Anyways, I know Carter is hurt right now but I was just curious if had changed his game at all from his time in Philly?

I always felt that he avoided high traffic areas (I.E. corners and in front of the net)and settled for the wrist shot coming down the wing that had very little chance of going in way too often. I felt that he could easily score 10-15 more goals a season if had the desire (and guts) lower his head and use his size and speed to go hard to the net and I thought a change of scenery and shock of being traded would allow a light bulb to go off and he would change his game. Is that the case?

I dont think the flyers miss him at all right now, but I guess we will see as the season progresses. I think the combo of Courturier and Voracek out ways his production...

What are the columbus fans thoughts of him?
Say what you want, but it's hard for a guy to score as many goals as he does without doing something right. I know many Flyers fans weren't big on him, but I surely believe that you'll see some weaknesses exposed (particularly come late in the season) now that opposing teams don't have to worry about Carter and Richards with their one-two punch. Carter might not have put up a ton of points in the playoffs, but now all teams will have to do is put their top defense pair on Claude Giroux or Danny Briere instead - you'll see what I mean.

Without a doubt, in the first couple of games of the season, I thought Jeff Carter was very effective for the Jackets. If we put him on a line with a competent playmaker, I see absolutely no reason why he can't put up 40+ goals on a regular basis. Just because he doesn't go to the front of the net like, say, Scott Hartnell, doesn't mean he's not an elite level player.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
jeffff

Being that he is on IR, when will he be eligible to play? The Tuesday game against the Wings or the Thursday against Buffalo?

jeffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

they said he'd be re-evaluated 7-10 days from last Monday...I don't expect him to play until Anaheim at the earliest...10/30

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Reaper1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Say what you want, but it's hard for a guy to score as many goals as he does without doing something right. I know many Flyers fans weren't big on him, but I surely believe that you'll see some weaknesses exposed (particularly come late in the season) now that opposing teams don't have to worry about Carter and Richards with their one-two punch. Carter might not have put up a ton of points in the playoffs, but now all teams will have to do is put their top defense pair on Claude Giroux or Danny Briere instead - you'll see what I mean.

Without a doubt, in the first couple of games of the season, I thought Jeff Carter was very effective for the Jackets. If we put him on a line with a competent playmaker, I see absolutely no reason why he can't put up 40+ goals on a regular basis. Just because he doesn't go to the front of the net like, say, Scott Hartnell, doesn't mean he's not an elite level player.
I agree that it is a long season and by the end I might be eating my words about not missing Carter. Obviously, I hope that Flyers got the better end of the deal just like all Blue Jacket fans hope they got the better end of the deal. But knowing what I saw from carter over the last few seasons I think Blue Jacket fans will understand were I am coming from eventually. His stats are very misleading, for example, he scored 7 game winning goals for the flyers last season, however, 5 of them occured in the 1st or 2nd period. I always say his stats are hollow, what I mean by that is he will score the 5th and 6th goal of a 6-1 flyers win. Is it good that he scored, ofcourse. Does it make his season goal total look impressive, ofcourse. But did those goals really mean anything other then padding his stats? no not at all. I am sure Blue Jacket fans could say the same about Voracek. I guess we will see as the seasons goes on....

By the way, very good point about defenses focus on Giroux and Briere more because there is no richards or carter to worry about anymore. I think that will become more and more of an issue as the season progresses. Especially if the new additions and young kids dont produce or begin to struggle...

Old
10-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
they said he'd be re-evaluated 7-10 days from last Monday...I don't expect him to play until Anaheim at the earliest...10/30

He needs to hurry back so my fantasy team can start kicking more ass

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
I agree that it is a long season and by the end I might be eating my words about not missing Carter. Obviously, I hope that Flyers got the better end of the deal just like all Blue Jacket fans hope they got the better end of the deal. But knowing what I saw from carter over the last few seasons I think Blue Jacket fans will understand were I am coming from eventually. His stats are very misleading, for example, he scored 7 game winning goals for the flyers last season, however, 5 of them occured in the 1st or 2nd period. I always say his stats are hollow, what I mean by that is he will score the 5th and 6th goal of a 6-1 flyers win. Is it good that he scored, ofcourse. Does it make his season goal total look impressive, ofcourse. But did those goals really mean anything other then padding his stats? no not at all. I am sure Blue Jacket fans could say the same about Voracek. I guess we will see as the seasons goes on....

By the way, very good point about defenses focus on Giroux and Briere more because there is no richards or carter to worry about anymore. I think that will become more and more of an issue as the season progresses. Especially if the new additions and young kids dont produce or begin to struggle...
As a franchise that has only seen one 40+ goal scorer, Carter will be a welcomed addition ... no matter when those goals are scored. I follow hockey enough that I've seen what Jeff Carter can bring ... I also know what to expect from Jakub Voracek, and as a huge junior hockey fan and prospect scout, I know what Sean Couturier can bring. I certainly think that both teams benefited from the deal, but with the "win now" mentality that the Jackets have taken on, I think Carter is an integral piece of their current - and future - success.

40 goal centers don't come along very often. We're happy on our end, hopefully it works out for you guys also.

Old
10-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Reaper1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
As a franchise that has only seen one 40+ goal scorer, Carter will be a welcomed addition ... no matter when those goals are scored. I follow hockey enough that I've seen what Jeff Carter can bring ... I also know what to expect from Jakub Voracek, and as a huge junior hockey fan and prospect scout, I know what Sean Couturier can bring. I certainly think that both teams benefited from the deal, but with the "win now" mentality that the Jackets have taken on, I think Carter is an integral piece of their current - and future - success.

40 goal centers don't come along very often. We're happy on our end, hopefully it works out for you guys also.

Fair enough. I agree as long as both teams are happy with trade then there is no real winner or loser. good luck to carter and the blue jackets ( except against the flyers lol)

Old
10-26-2011, 01:39 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@Aportzline #CBJ C Jeff Carter did not skate today. Doubtfull for Thursday Vs. #Sabres

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Seedtype

Hopefully he'll be back soon. Jeff Carter can definitely help us sustain the momentum we gained last night.

Edit: And once Carter is back and healthy I want Brassard centering the second line, he is playing a lot better and I prefer to see Vermette as the third line center.

Seedtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
@Aportzline #CBJ C Jeff Carter did not skate today. Doubtfull for Thursday Vs. #Sabres
I'll take this as a good sign that he's getting close.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedtype View Post
Hopefully he'll be back soon. Jeff Carter can definitely help us sustain the momentum we gained last night.

Edit: And once Carter is back and healthy I want Brassard centering the second line, he is playing a lot better and I prefer to see Vermette as the third line center.
I am not to sure about that. Maybe Brass would do well there, but that second line of Vermette, Umby, and Johan looked awfully good last night.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I am not to sure about that. Maybe Brass would do well there, but that second line of Vermette, Umby, and Johan looked awfully good last night.
What about Brass, Johan and Umby on a second line? Drop Vermy to the third line. Would this work?

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote