HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Grabner

Old
10-25-2011, 10:34 AM
ARed

vCash: 500
Grabner

Quick question for you Islanders fans.

How is Michael Grabner doing this year? I have him in my hockey pool and his 2 goals are starting to become a drag on my team.

Is he playing well but just not getting points? Whats the deal?

ARed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARed View Post
Quick question for you Islanders fans.

How is Michael Grabner doing this year? I have him in my hockey pool and his 2 goals are starting to become a drag on my team.

Is he playing well but just not getting points? Whats the deal?
I think he has a bit of a hangover from last year.... he is also a slow starter. Plus guys tend to have that "hangover" when they land a big contract.

I would be patient with him, Isles may mix the lines up and he could end up with Taveras on his line at some point.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:43 AM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

he has not been very good to start the year but how is 2 goals in 6 games a drag? at this pace he wont be the league leader in goals but he is on pace for 27 goals right now

i do expect him to turn it up though...his speed is just too incredible for him not to

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

vCash: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
I think he has a bit of a hangover from last year.... he is also a slow starter. Plus guys tend to have that "hangover" when they land a big contract.

I would be patient with him, Isles may mix the lines up and he could end up with Taveras on his line at some point.
Correct, He will pick it up. His wrist shot and speed are too exceptional for him not to. Like you said if he plays with JT which he should be and if he gets on that first PP unit. expect 30+ goals and 60-70 points from him (if with jt) if not 30 goals 50-60 points

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

He'll pick it up. Grabner's one of those guys that needs to get into a groove. He's done this before it just wasn't as noticeable because he was so hot for so long. I'm confident he'll still get 40 goals this year.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:03 AM
OpAck

First, Grabner is a pretty streaky scorer. He scores in buckets, then goes cold for stretches. He also has a tendency to start slow. In fact, his linemates (Nielsen, Okposo) are off to a bit of a slow start, which isn't helping.

I will say though, that he's starting to get the chances he was notorious for getting last season. At least in the past 3 games, I can think of one full or partial breakaway he's had. And I think he's only buried one of them, which was a partial breakaway. I forget how he scored the other goal.

In short, I'm not worried about him because we're starting to see some of the things we saw from him later in the season last year. The fact that we're seeing that in October, rather than January, is a positive.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote