HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why I want Jeremy Morin back with the big club

Old
10-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Timinater

vCash: 500
Why I want Jeremy Morin back with the big club

So far this year I've noticed our 1st line isn't performing up to par. Take last game for example (Bruins), Brunette Toews Sharp just didn't click. I understand Toews has started off slow (what else is new) and Sharp needs a fire lit under his ass, but my feeling is that Brunette's speed, or lack thereof, is holding them back. So, what do we do about it?

By bringing up Morin, I think he'd fit into the first line like a glove. Toews now has two snipers to set up, and Morin can keep up with his linemates unlike Brunette. Plus, I think Morin and Toews would be able to work the boards together well.

Now bringing Morin up and expecting him to just fit in like a glove is a huge expectation for a 20 year old with a total of 9 NHL games under his belt. However, I think if we bring him up early enough in the season, he would acclimate quickly and be deadly on the top line come playoff time.

But ****! Where do we put Brunette? Trade him for a #6 defenseman and a goalie prospect. Badabingbadaboom.

Timinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:00 AM
WarriorofTime

Brunette has both our powerplay goals so far this year. That's why he is there. He'll work well on a line with Toews and Kane once those two play together. They feed off each other well and he will get to the net while Kane handles the puck and works it with Toews. On the powerplay it's nice to have him there in front.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Timinater

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Brunette has both our powerplay goals so far this year. That's why he is there. He'll work well on a line with Toews and Kane once those two play together. They feed off each other well and he will get to the net while Kane handles the puck and works it with Toews. On the powerplay it's nice to have him there in front.
You're right, I definitely overlooked Brunette's usefulness on the powerplay. But I still think his five on five play brings down his linemates, especially on the top line.

Timinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Sarava

I listened to the hogs game Sunday. They said after the game that Jeremy isn't even at 100% yet for conditioning. Remember he's only played two games since January. He's doing great, but it's going to be while before we see him with the Hawks.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:42 AM
slappipappi

We arte 2-1-1 in 4 games, can we can the panic talk for a bit?

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:28 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Assuming Morin can stay healthy and return to form, he should get a shot with the Hawks this year. He’ll need at least a month in Rockford however to get his timing and conditioning where it belongs.

As for Brunette. It’s way too early to say he can’t play on the 1st line here.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I think Bruno on the 1st line PP is a no brainer. 5-5 it takes half a shift for him to get from the D zone to the O zone. We knew this coming in but man is he slow.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
stingo

vCash: 50
Morin will be in Rockford until he gets his legs back, and returns to 100% game shape.

I have no doubt we'll see him up at some point this year.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Morin will be in Rockford until he gets his legs back, and returns to 100% game shape.

I have no doubt we'll see him up at some point this year.
I don't know. It wouldn't be terrible, given our depth this year, to let him spend the season in Rockford. Maybe a playoffs call-up, or in case of injury. But I don't see a reason to force him into the roster this season. Cautious approach is best here I think. We have enough guys already that can get things done.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Morin isn't exactly "fleet of foot" either, he'll get his chance when the time comes, but we have to be patient with regards to Brunette fitting in on the top 2 lines. He's a crafty vet, but isn't great in transistion. Once that line starts to gel, Toews and Sharp will start to feel how Brunette will fit in with them and not try to use him as a transition guy.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if they want Morin with the NHL Club, they wouldn't have send Saad to juniors Think about this

Right now I would call up Pirri or even Beach before Morin. He needs time and will get a call up during the season for sure

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
zytz
lumberjack

He's going to change the game for us a little bit. We tend to
score more on the rush and while he will impair his line's ability to do that, he will also improve that lines 5-5 scoring when not on the rush. He'll park himself next to the net and screen, or pick up rebounds.

he = Bruno. when Bruno is gone then bring morin up.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Let him get his legs back in Rockford first. Call him up somewhere around the All Star break and he'll stick just like Leddy did.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Morin missed a huge chunk of time with injury

Let him get established in Rockford again ,, If he keeps up his strong play he should be first callup in event of injury or get a trip up to big club mid season if he continues to play well

And Hawks are not trading Brunette

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:55 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Great to see Morin back on the ice. 2 ES goals on 2 shots, 100 shooting percentage. The roster is full for signed players and I doubt the Hawks will send any signed player to the minors to make room for a rookie as much as Id like to see that happen. Other than an injury or late season call up, Im fine to let Morin and the other valued propsects continue to develop at Rockford this year. Next year is a different story though.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
We arte 2-1-1 in 4 games, can we can the panic talk for a bit?
I don't know if anybody is really panicking but there are noticeable issues that we're having right out of the gate and I'd rather see them addressed sooner than later so we aren't relying on other teams to fail in order to grab an 8th seed again.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Sevanston

Let's chill.

It's been 4 games for us where we're 2-1-1.

Morin literally just came back from a ten-month concussion less than a week ago. No idea how well that'll play out with more time.

We shouldn't even be contemplating the panic button yet. Give things some time to work out.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Morin will be up in time. I'd expect to see him in the second half or if a big scorer goes down for an extended period of time. Right now, there just aren't enough shifts to go around. Let the season reveal itself.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If he keeps up a good scoring pace (obviously won't keep up a G/G pace) he'll be up sooner rather than later. I think by January/February, assuming he's still healthy and looks good, he'll be on our team. Wouldn't be surprised to see Stalberg, Olesz, Scott or Kruger as trade bait or sent to Rockford by the deadline.

Hopefully by the all-star break/trade deadline:

Sharp-Toews-Smith
Morin-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Brunette-Mayers-Carcillo
*Stalberg/Olesz

...don't really care for Brunette at 5-on-5. Hopefully he starts clicking somewhere in the top 6 so that Smith can be on the 4th line. Regardless, we're looking pretty deep enough where we can rotate Stalberg/Olesz/Smith/Carcillo/Mayers in and out of the line-up depending on who's playing well.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:34 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
In a month or so, I'd like Morin up if he's feeling 100%. An actual left wing with high end talent?!

He'd fit better on Kane's wing, but Sharp and Toews are hardly selfish players.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I like Brunette on the powerplay or as a fourth line garbage goal scorer. A strong cycle game is how he brings offensive value.

How many of our even strength goals are off the rush? Half+?

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
In a month or so, I'd like Morin up if he's feeling 100%. An actual left wing with high end talent?!

I agree... a Morin-Kane-Hossa line makes me drool. More likely he's on Toews' line because he'd just be a better fit but still a pretty good line nonetheless. Here's hoping he can recover and find his game soon.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:01 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post

I'm pretty sure Morin has been a right wing. The Hawks have moved him to LW, probably because they thought Kane and Hossa would have the two RW spots locked up for the foreseeable future. Now that Kane has moved to center (if it sticks), maybe Morin would do better playing his natural RW position. Either way - with Morin, the Hawks have 5 of the 6 top-6 slots filled. Now it's just a matter of finding that the right guy to complement our top two lines - possibly at the trade deadline.

Morin on RW:
Sharp-Toews-Morin
Stalberg/Carcillo-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Brunette-Mayers-Olesz/Carcillo

Morin on LW:
Sharp-Toews-Stalberg/Carcillo
Morin-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Brunette-Mayers-Olesz/Carcillo

How about picking up Doan at the TDL and going with this lineup:

Sharp-Toews-Doan
Morin-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Brunette-Mayer-Stalberg/Carcillo/Olesz

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinater View Post
So far this year I've noticed our 1st line isn't performing up to par. Take last game for example (Bruins), Brunette Toews Sharp just didn't click. I understand Toews has started off slow (what else is new) and Sharp needs a fire lit under his ass, but my feeling is that Brunette's speed, or lack thereof, is holding them back. So, what do we do about it?

By bringing up Morin, I think he'd fit into the first line like a glove. Toews now has two snipers to set up, and Morin can keep up with his linemates unlike Brunette. Plus, I think Morin and Toews would be able to work the boards together well.

Now bringing Morin up and expecting him to just fit in like a glove is a huge expectation for a 20 year old with a total of 9 NHL games under his belt. However, I think if we bring him up early enough in the season, he would acclimate quickly and be deadly on the top line come playoff time.

But ****! Where do we put Brunette? Trade him for a #6 defenseman and a goalie prospect. Badabingbadaboom.
Morin-Toews-Kane
Beach-Bolland-Sharp
Bickell-Pirri-Frolik
Brunette-Mayers-Stalberg
Olesz-Carcillo

sit Marian Hossa for 2-3 weeks until he can handle 3 practices in a row.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Are people really talking about trading Brunette? We've played four games and he's scored two goal. He may not fit our rush offense, yet he has value on the power play, in front of the net, and down low in the corners. Absolutely something we've been missing since Byfuglien/Ladd left.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote