HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Intermediate Skating Drills?

Old
12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Intermediate Skating Drills?

So I've been playing in an entry level mens league for a couple of months and can do most of the basics (hockey stop, OK acceleration, so-so backwards skating, crossovers, etc).

Are there some good skating drills (specifically on Youtube) that anyone would recommend for someone who's maybe looking for drills that are a little more advanced?

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
lilphill23

Just search Laura Stamm on youtube.

lilphill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 03:53 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilphill23 View Post
Just search Laura Stamm on youtube.
I recommend Laura Stamm Power skating videos.
Good on the basics.

EDGE is 'ok', I dont think they focus enough on proper upper body movement, though

As always, dont try/think you are going to be a professional after watching a few videos. It takes years and years or dedication to become a decent skater, let alone, a good skater.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
So I've been playing in an entry level mens league for a couple of months and can do most of the basics (hockey stop, OK acceleration, so-so backwards skating, crossovers, etc).

Are there some good skating drills (specifically on Youtube) that anyone would recommend for someone who's maybe looking for drills that are a little more advanced?
Ever think about attending power skating seminars or camps? Or even a 1-on-1 session or 2? It will be a bit more individualized, and specific to what you need to work on. After that, you can focus on what you need to do at open skates.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Soundwave

No I haven't done any 1-on-1 powerskating classes but that sounds like a good idea. I just don't have the time right now, but thanks for the Youtube suggestions guys, will definitely check those out.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:23 PM
ean

Skate the circles.

Skate em forward. Skate em backward. Skate em forward and backward, transitioning when you're at the top and bottom of the circles. Do all of the above with a puck.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote