HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Availability of prospect Ds

Old
10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
That seems to be the consensus.
Price, please? Do you concur with:
"Lalonde,Beach & Stalberg for Christian Thomas, Andrew Yogan and a NY 2nd round pick" or something else in mind?

Also, please a blurb or so description about Beach & Stalberg.
Thanks...

Edit: saw Beach in the ticker, which I missed, sorry, feel free to add.
Recognize the name Stalberg, but want your 2 cents on his game also..
Blackhawks do NOT need foward prospects. Thomas and Yogan are both fowards and add nothing to the Blackhawks prospects depth pool so no thanks.

The only area of need is top d prospects and goaltender.

Stalberg is a roster player, 6'3" and the fastest player on the team. My price for Lalonde, Beach (#1 11th overall) and Stalberg would be a lotto pick.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

like I already said, all we would want is Kreider or Miller when it comes to your prospects. If you are not willing to give them for Olsen, you won't get Olsen

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
sketch22

vCash: 1736
Quote:
No insult intended.
I was thinking about maybe Boyle + Thomas +X ______
for Olsen
and maybe Lalonde
I wouldn't say Olsen is untouchable, but I doubt Stanbow moves him. The only way I could see Stanbow trading Olsen is if the deal just blows him away or if the Hawks have a glaring need and the other teams is in love with Olsen. Currently the Hawks don't have any glaring needs and that proposal probably doesn't get Stan to make a trade. Olsen is the best heavyweight we have in our prospect pool and that makes him very valuable to us.

I like Boyle and I think he would be the type of guy that Stanbow likes as well, but any trade that brings a roster player to the Hawks would have to be for a current roster player plus picks/prospects. Its a numbers game. The Hawks already have a roster full of forwards, so any deal would have to allow the Hawks to make room for the incoming player.

Thomas doesn't add anything to the Hawks. We have plenty of forward prospects already and I doubt we would add another at the price of a top defensive prospect.

If Boyle was the player targeted the deal would probably be something built around around Lalonde and Stalberg.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:43 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What about Boyle for Lalonde and Stanton?
The floor is open to discussion....

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:48 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Thomas is slightly more valuable then Lalonde, but Boyle is at best an average third line center who you want for one of the best prospects on a team with an impressive group of prospects. It'd need to be an impressive X.
Like Disgruntled said : Also, Boyle probably has slightly more value.

Though I'd go a little further. Boyle looks like he could play W with Sharp and a decent linemate, no problem. So why not Boyle for second line, under the right circumstances? More importantly, he looks like he has chemistry to fit wherever, 2nd or 3rd or 4th.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Blackhawks do NOT need foward prospects. Thomas and Yogan are both fowards and add nothing to the Blackhawks prospects depth pool so no thanks.

Stalberg is a roster player, 6'3" and the fastest player on the team. My price for Lalonde, Beach (#1 11th overall) and Stalberg would be a lotto pick.
I'm not hearing such high value on Stalberg from others.

Bold:
Say I modified the original deal I mentioned.
Say Del Zotto on the table.

Boyle, Del Zotto, Thomas + Biron
to this you give
Olsen + Lalonde + ______________
or
Olsen + Beach

Good enough win-win both ways?

Old
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
RomersWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Christian Thomas is the son of former Blackhawk Steve Thomas who has 421 career goals. So Thomas may actually be the safe play over Beach.
Dude, this logic is just awful.

RomersWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:38 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I'm shocked you even referred to it as logic. :

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:28 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Christian Thomas is the son of former Blackhawk Steve Thomas who has 421 career goals. So Thomas may actually be the safe play over Beach.
Note the acronym for the handle... LOL.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
sketch22

vCash: 1736
Quote:
Bold:
Say I modified the original deal I mentioned.
Say Del Zotto on the table.

Boyle, Del Zotto, Thomas + Biron
to this you give
Olsen + Lalonde + ______________
or
Olsen + Beach

Good enough win-win both ways?
Biron is worth nothing to the Hawks. We have a backup goalie already don't need another. And when Hawks fans say we are missing a top D prospect think someone like Doug Hamilton. An almost surefire first paring guy. Neither of those players has any real value to the Hawks.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:

That is honestly bordering on insanity.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:

My price for Stalberg is a sack of pucks and some skid marked underwear.

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The whole premise of this proposal is based on the premise that Rangers need D prospects... meanwhile, the Hawks really have no reason to trade away any prospects at all as there's really no glaring/significant weakness on this team. Our deep farm system will only bolster that in the future (i.e.- why sell low, right now?)

In all reality, the only reason we'd trade you a D prospect of ours for some of your second tier prospects/NHL scrubs is to help you out with no real gain for ourselves... and you can see how likely that is in real life.

Sorry to get all 'Negative Nancy' on ya, but since you've been so persistent I thought I'd chime in.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:42 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
That is honestly bordering on insanity.
Can I assume you dont like my offer? LMAO.

Beach is an 11th overall pick. Should I accept an 11th overall pick or maybe a 12th or even a 30th. Im not going down (pick wise) unless Im desperate which Im not. That said, a 7th overall is not unreasonable considering Stalberg is a rostered player. Troy Brower BTW garnered a first round pick. Lalonde is puck moving d prospect and a 3rd rd pick. Im not asking for a 1st thru 4th overall but something better than an 11th overall.

Anyways the Rangers have few prospects Id be interested in, at least those who would be placed on the table for trade offerings.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:54 PM
KanetoToews2883

I'm not gonna lie if the Rags came with Christian Thomas for Lalonde... or a 2nd round pick for Lalonde, I'm cackling with glee. Lalonde's a puck moving dman who has been undressed year after year on the flip side.... Nick Leddy's D makes Lalonde look like a pee wee hockey player..

If I could get a top 3 Rangers forward prospect out of it or a 2nd /3rd round pick for Lalonde, I'm gonna do it.

Now I hope I'm wrong and Lalonde improves, but I'm sure the Hawks patience is getting somewhat thin

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:12 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post
I'm not gonna lie if the Rags came with Christian Thomas for Lalonde... or a 2nd round pick for Lalonde, I'm cackling with glee. Lalonde's a puck moving dman who has been undressed year after year on the flip side.... Nick Leddy's D makes Lalonde look like a pee wee hockey player..
Being truthful when trying to deal players will get you nowhere! Never sold used cars?

Thomas is a 5'9" smurf. While there certainly are a limited numbers of smaller players in the NHL, Im personally not into dealing for midgets.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Can I assume you dont like my offer? LMAO.

Beach is an 11th overall pick. Should I accept an 11th overall pick or maybe a 12th or even a 30th. Im not going down (pick wise) unless Im desperate which Im not. That said, a 7th overall is not unreasonable considering Stalberg is a rostered player. Troy Brower BTW garnered a first round pick. Lalonde is puck moving d prospect and a 3rd rd pick. Im not asking for a 1st thru 4th overall but something better than an 11th overall.

Anyways the Rangers have few prospects Id be interested in, at least those who would be placed on the table for trade offerings.
Ahaha, wasn't trying to be an ass there but I can see how I might've come off that way.

Beach may have been an 11th overall pick but his draft status is irrelevant at this point. He has, up to now, been a rather large disappointment. He has some value, but it's nowhere near that of your typical 11th overall.
Lalonde will likely turn into a decent bottom-pairing offensive defenseman, but again - hardly a deal breaker.
Stalberg is a rostered player who can skate and do almost nothing else. I'm not against him being on the fourth line (although if Smith is ready to go, I would want him to take Stalberg's spot). But c'mon. Viktor Stalberg gets you a third round pick on his own, and that is being extremely generous. Beach and Lalonde just don't vault that package up to being worthy of a lottery pick. Maybe a late first rounder on a team that wants some quantity in the pipeline.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:00 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Ahaha, wasn't trying to be an ass there but I can see how I might've come off that way.

Beach may have been an 11th overall pick but his draft status is irrelevant at this point. He has, up to now, been a rather large disappointment. He has some value, but it's nowhere near that of your typical 11th overall.
Lalonde will likely turn into a decent bottom-pairing offensive defenseman, but again - hardly a deal breaker.
Stalberg is a rostered player who can skate and do almost nothing else. I'm not against him being on the fourth line (although if Smith is ready to go, I would want him to take Stalberg's spot). But c'mon. Viktor Stalberg gets you a third round pick on his own, and that is being extremely generous. Beach and Lalonde just don't vault that package up to being worthy of a lottery pick. Maybe a late first rounder on a team that wants some quantity in the pipeline.
Agree with you especially as to the bold.
Something could be worked out where Stalberg is dumped on NYR, but we need proper combination going back + forth to make it enough of a win-win for both sides.