HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campbell watch

Old
10-17-2011, 09:11 PM
stingo

vCash: 500
Campbell watch

I miss him, bad contract or not.

He has three assists tonight, all on the powerplay, and five on the season.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:17 PM
LandofLincoln

Soupy

I looked at his stats (Campbell) Kopecky and Versteeg's last night and I noticed he was off to a good start. Man 3 more today good for him!!!

I really am happy he is off to a good start. He didn't have to leave but he knew management didn't want him here. Still over paid, but all-star level maybe a smidge below but hasn't lost his touch.

Makes Tallon look better as well for getting him.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:15 PM
BiBoFro*

Soupy

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I looked at his stats (Campbell) Kopecky and Versteeg's last night and I noticed he was off to a good start. Man 3 more today good for him!!!

I really am happy he is off to a good start. He didn't have to leave but he knew management didn't want him here. Still over paid, but all-star level maybe a smidge below but hasn't lost his touch.

Makes Tallon look better as well for getting him.
Yes he had to leave ,, His contract was crippling

And his production has been terrible for last 2 years ,, Nothing all-star level about him

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
LandofLincoln

stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
I miss him, bad contract or not.

He has three assists tonight, all on the powerplay, and five on the season.

Campbell got another assist and finished the game with 4 assists and Florida won 7-4 and no he did not qualify for one of the three stars of the game.

Versteeg was the #2 star with 2G & 2A Weiss also with 2 & 2

Kopecky also scored.

Florida pasted the Lightning!

Old
10-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yes he had to leave ,, His contract was crippling

And his production has been terrible for last 2 years ,, Nothing all-star level about him
I think what they meant by saying Campbell didn't have to leave was Campbell didn't have to waive his no trade clause.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:50 PM
LandofLincoln

exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I think what they meant by saying Campbell didn't have to leave was Campbell didn't have to waive his no trade clause.
exactly. He didn't have too.

And his production was terrible 2 years ago, but last year Campbell was better than Keith and Seabrook well maybe better than him too. I was glad we got rid of the contract but the guy can flat out play and he is worth 5.5-6.0 a year just not the 7.125 or whatever. He still is a #1 Dman on over half the NHL teams probably 2/3rds he would be a #1

Old
10-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Erick

Is Olesz in the AHL or has he been a healthy scratch?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:49 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Is Olesz in the AHL or has he been a healthy scratch?
Healthy sratch

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:

And his production was terrible 2 years ago, but last year Campbell was better than Keith and Seabrook well maybe better than him too. I was glad we got rid of the contract but the guy can flat out play and he is worth 5.5-6.0 a year just not the 7.125 or whatever. He still is a #1 Dman on over half the NHL teams probably 2/3rds he would be a #1
I really like Campbell but the bolded is simply false. You'd be hard pressed to find more than 10 teams, and of those 10 I doubt any are making the playoffs this year.

No offense intended to BC who was one of my favorite Hawks of the past few years.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:13 AM
ShootIt

He has started the season off very well for the Panthers.

Good trade for both teams, one gets the needed cap space and the other gets a PMD in Campbell.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Campbell got another assist and finished the game with 4 assists and Florida won 7-4 and no he did not qualify for one of the three stars of the game.

Versteeg was the #2 star with 2G & 2A Weiss also with 2 & 2

Kopecky also scored.

Florida pasted the Lightning!
Campbell had 4 assists tonight...and was still a -1. LOL.

In fact, the box score for that game is just odd. Florida wins 7-4 and they only had 3 guys who were +1. All the rest were 0 or -1. What defense?

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Campbell had 4 assists tonight...and was still a -1. LOL.

In fact, the box score for that game is just odd. Florida wins 7-4 and they only had 3 guys who were +1. All the rest were 0 or -1. What defense?
Of the 7 goals the Panthers scored, only one was even strength.

You don't get a + on the PP; all of Campbell's assists came on the PP.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I really like Campbell but the bolded is simply false. You'd be hard pressed to find more than 10 teams, and of those 10 I doubt any are making the playoffs this year.

No offense intended to BC who was one of my favorite Hawks of the past few years.
He's the #1 here; since my team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade, I really hope you're wrong.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Of the 7 goals the Panthers scored, only one was even strength.

You don't get a + on the PP; all of Campbell's assists came on the PP.
You know, I totally forgot to look at that. LOL.

Well, side note, thats an impressive PowerPlay run for that game then. Kinda wish we could have one like that here soon.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:21 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:

You think he's a top 10 defenseman in the league? I'm going to have to go with no on that one. He's a #1 on a lousy team like Florida but he's still doing really well so far with 7 assists so good on him. He still has that powerplay quarterback ability it seems. Gotta envy the guy. Signs an 8 year $56.8 million dollar contract, wins the Stanley Cup.. now gets to spend the rest of his contract in beautiful Miami weather throughout the winter where he gets to play a ton of minutes and QB the powerplay. Not a bad life.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:34 AM
LandofLincoln

well when you say top 10 teams in the league

I would say no he is not. So I may have to eat my words. He is a #1 on the bottom 10 teams in the league. I originally said Soupy wasa #1 D-man for 2/3rds of the teams in the league.

He probably is a #1 for 1/3rd of the teams in the league the weaker teams. He still has potential as a player to be named as a all-star. His power play abilities probably are in the top 10 in the league but the rest of his game is not. He is a solid overpaid player.

If somebody said who do I want Seabrook or Campbell for 5 million a year I take Soupy.

Old
10-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Campbell was a good player and you rather have him on the team than not... but not with his Cap Hit

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
If somebody said who do I want Seabrook or Campbell for 5 million a year I take Soupy.
(sigh)

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:

Yet was crucial to getting the Cup!

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
HawkinMI

Of course this team misses Campbell on the ice, nothing about his play ever made anyone want to trade him. It's just that stupid contract Dale Tallon handed him.

The Hawks' puck movement has taken a hit since Campbell was traded, but as a result the organization has been able to make more moves toward the forming of a dynasty. I wish Campbell the best in Florida, and we'll always love him up here in the midwest. He had the only assist on the Cup-winning goal, after all.

HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Campbell was a good player and you rather have him on the team than not... but not with his Cap Hit

Bubba88 come on man don't ruin my fun. I know about the cap hit buddy. I know it is important to show your knowledge of the cap but really come on man almost every fan on this board is aware of the 7.143hit to the cap. Saying stuff like this is assuming that you have more knowledge. Campbell's cap hit I knew about 3 years ago. Please stop!

The only time I want to hear a cap hit out of your mouth is if it is new news within the last 72 hours of a player being signed or being traded. Put a lid on that garbage can please.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Who cares how he is doing now? He didn't do anything in Chicago that made him worthy of being our highest paid player. (cap hit)

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:21 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
I would say no he is not. So I may have to eat my words. He is a #1 on the bottom 10 teams in the league. I originally said Soupy wasa #1 D-man for 2/3rds of the teams in the league.

He probably is a #1 for 1/3rd of the teams in the league the weaker teams. He still has potential as a player to be named as a all-star. His power play abilities probably are in the top 10 in the league but the rest of his game is not. He is a solid overpaid player.

No way! Maybe the Brian Campbell of a few years back who would skate out of his own end looking like Paul Coffey, but not the more stay-at-home dman he has become in the last 2 years. I suppose it could have been Qs system that squelched that style, which probably made him better defensively but at the price of losing that pizzazz. His knee injury last season could have been a factor as well. Having said that, maybe in Florida, he has returned to that exciting style of play. I haven't seen him play there yet but it certainly sounds like he is getting involved offensively.

It amazes me how Seabs is so unappreciated by some. He will never be a spectacular player but his physical play is not easily replaced and our defence would be a lot worse off without his presence and, IMO, losing him would be a much worse hit than losing Soupy (and thats not factoring in the difference in salaries).

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
No way! Maybe the Brian Campbell of a few years back who would skate out of his own end looking like Paul Coffey, but not the more stay-at-home dman he has become in the last 2 years. I suppose it could have been Qs system that squelched that style, which probably made him better defensively but at the price of losing that pizzazz. His knee injury last season could have been a factor as well. Having said that, maybe in Florida, he has returned to that exciting style of play. I haven't seen him play there yet but it certainly sounds like he is getting involved.
Yes thats exactly what is happening in FL with Campbell. He's basically skating circles around everyone and it really is fun to watch! He is looking like the player that Tallon signed as a free agent. He does have a defensive gaffe here or there and no I don't think he's worth his full salary cap hit. But he's clearly worth more than what the Panthers gave up to get him and can't understand how Bowman couldn't get more in trade than just Olesz who also has a horrible cap hit (we were expecting at least giving up a pick in the deal).

I know most don't care but Florida has basically become "Blackhawk South" and all the former Hawks are playing well so far. Hopefully we continue to build a similar team to the Hawks and be a perennial playoff team as well.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote