Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2011, 06:48 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
yeah, Landeskog continues to impress me far more than RNH.
Landeskog is so smart, that I really can't believe he's a rookie. He and O'Reilly are our best forward and those two alongside Winnik are creating havoc for other teams.

On the other note Duchene is playing awful so far, he tries to do too much on his own, but I guess it good that they're winning without him playing well, because when he clicks this team will go from good to really good.

Old
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Jets sent Scheifele back to juniors. I actually thought he had a shot at making the team; they can really use the offense. But they've got smart management––who are out to make a good first impression––and I think they'll probably err on the conservative side for a while.

Old
10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
That's the right move.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:19 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Florida trades David Booth for pennies on the dollar to Vancouver. Can't even give a good explanation for that one.
Florida has major cash issues is pretty much the only explanation there. Booth hasn't looked any good so far this year. Also, being in sixth place (even this early) isn't very good for a Dale Tallon rebuild.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:22 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Jets sent Scheifele back to juniors. I actually thought he had a shot at making the team; they can really use the offense. But they've got smart management––who are out to make a good first impression––and I think they'll probably err on the conservative side for a while.
I was absolutely shocked at the Schiefele move. I guess the thing to say is that, unlike Atlanta, Winnipeg can afford to just absolutely tank this year. Give Scheifele a year of seasoning and end up with Grigorenko or Murray (since Columbus has Yakupov on lockdown). I think MTS Centre's complete lack of seating (and having watched a Moose game there, I can say from experience that the seating needs improving) is actually a boon for the club. They know they have far more people who want to go than who can go, so they can tank for a couple years and rebuild.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Kessel with 9 goals in 8 games so far.. very impressive

Old
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

I'd say Down Goes Brown's assessment of Mike Yeo is pretty spot-on:

Quote:
Previous experience: Rose to prominence as coach of the Penguins' powerplay during their 2009 Stanley Cup year, although admittedly his strategy of repeatedly yelling "Pass it to Crosby and Malkin!" hasn't been as effective in Minnesota.
Early-season adjustment: While his insistence that his players always contribute to charitable causes for the less fortunate is admirable, he probably should have clarified that he didn't mean losing games to the Ottawa Senators.
Possible cause for concern: The dressing room has already split into cliques, with the players who played for San Jose last year calling themselves "the ex-Sharks Club", and the players who didn't play for San Jose last year calling themselves "Mikko Koivu".

Old
10-25-2011, 03:31 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
I'd say Down Goes Brown's assessment of Mike Yeo is pretty spot-on:
Hahaha those are all really funny

Old
10-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Nice.

Old
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Previous experience: Rose to prominence as coach of the Penguins' powerplay during their 2009 Stanley Cup year, although admittedly his strategy of repeatedly yelling "Pass it to Crosby and Malkin!" hasn't been as effective in Minnesota.
LMAO.

Old
10-25-2011, 04:15 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I love DGB...
Quote:
Claude Noël, Winnipeg Jets
Previous experience: Won ten games as the interim head coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2010, which is ten more than they're apparently planning on winning this season.

Kevin Dineen, Florida Panthers
Early-season adjustment: Has repeatedly had to politely ask Brian Campbell to stop coming back to the bench and saying "Hey, I just made more money on that shift than guys like you did during the entire 1980s!"
...and more...
Quote:
Other complaints about Brendan Shanahan: In a cruel practical joke, spent his entire rookie year with the Devils whispering moronic coaching strategies into the ear of sleeping roommate John MacLean.

World Series: If you see the defence standing around helplessly while a player circles the bases before scoring, you'll know that batter has hit a home run.
NHL: If you see the defence standing around helplessly while a player circles the rink before scoring, you'll know that Phil Kessel has decided to try this year.

World Series: The Rangers have a legitimate chance to win the championship!
NHL: Not so much.

Roberto Luongo - Will be attempting to win 16 playoff games this year the way great goaltenders do, instead of winning 15 playoff games the way completely terrible goaltenders do.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Seen Kaleta and Downie fight. Was hoping such an event would cause each to spontaneously combust and go away forever.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Havlat gets another point tonight.

1-0 Sharks in Nashville.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Havlat-Couture-Clowe line looks really good..

Old
10-25-2011, 11:12 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Uh what?

In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on.

So we can't quote posts but we can criticize other teams??

Old
10-25-2011, 11:17 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
LMAO.
Personally I liked this one

Quote:
Possible cause for concern: The dressing room has already split into cliques, with the players who played for San Jose last year calling themselves "the ex-Sharks Club", and the players who didn't play for San Jose last year calling themselves "Mikko Koivu".

Old
10-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm sick to death of people trying to come up with witty line names.

Old
10-26-2011, 08:52 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Anyone watch the Buffalo-Tampa game last night?

Really like that Luke Adam kid for Buffalo. Hard not to notice him out there but that may or may not be because he's a freaking giant. Vanek looks great right now as well.

That Connolly kid for Tampa isn't really anything to write home about in my opinion. In comparison to age, Bulmer looks much more advanced and just fits in with the rest of his teammates.

Old
10-26-2011, 09:02 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post

Really like that Luke Adam kid for Buffalo. Hard not to notice him out there but that may or may not be because he's a freaking giant. Vanek looks great right now as well.

That Connolly kid for Tampa isn't really anything to write home about in my opinion. In comparison to age, Bulmer looks much more advanced and just fits in with the rest of his teammates.
I watched the game on and off (trying to sleep off my sickness on the couch). I couldn't tell if Garon just looked that great (outside of the brutal rebounds) or if Buffalo just couldn't put shots at the right part of the net.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post

I caught the last 10 minutes. Fun game with some drama created by some last minute goals. Tyler Myers just looks like a monster out there, and I think Luke Adam is gonna be pretty special soon. Buffalo has had a good streak going with their rookies the last three years with Myers, Ennis and now Adam. Didn't notice Connolly in the last 10 minutes but he may very well have been on the bench for the last stretch of the game.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Wow, forgot that Turris still hasn't signed.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Wow, forgot that Turris still hasn't signed.
Yep. I read through the thread on the Trade Forums page. Lots of Turris sympathizers and lots of Maloney sympathizers going at it. Who knows what exactly is going on behind the scenes, but personally I'm just sick of these holdout situations because neither side comes out looking good in the end.

Old
10-26-2011, 05:03 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

At this point it seems like Turris would rather be traded than play for Phoenix. Don't entirely blame him given how badly his development has been handled (it's Sheppardesque).

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
10-26-2011, 05:40 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

If the Habs fired their assistant coach, how is that Richards still has a job?

Old
10-26-2011, 06:51 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
The Winter Classic has been a huge success for the NHL. The game this January will be the fifth installment, and speculation where it might be next or in the future is always a popular topic for hockey fans.

So what about the Twin Cities as a future host?

"There's no shortage of demand, but clearly, ultimately, this is one of the places we will probably get to if for no other reason the climate and the interest," Bettman said.
ha...reading between the lines there it's pretty obvious how he feels about the team

NHL.Com

Closed Thread