HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2 Habs Deals

Old
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
2 Habs Deals

Montreal

Jaroslav Spacek
3rd round pick or Prospect <---- Make up for salary if St Louis is not in playoff position.

for

St Louis

Kent Huskins

Montreal

Brock Trotter
5th round pick'13

for

Columbus

Sami Pahlsson

Eller Plekanec Cammalleri
Pacioretty Desharnais Kostitsyn
Cole Gomez Gionta
Darche Pahlsson Moen

Ex. Engqvist/Palushaj/White

Markov Diaz
Gill Subban
Gorges Weber

Ex. Huskins

Last edited by BigHabs: 10-20-2011 at 08:57 AM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Pass on the first. I don't know if Huskins is any better or worse than Spacek. Whatever the difference is, however, I'm not giving up a draft pick for it. Habs need to build their farm system back up. Blowing decent picks in lateral moves isn't the way to do that. There's no incentive to save on the cap side of it at this point in the season.

I'll take the second deal. Trotter seems destined to be one of those minor league scoring sensations, but seems doubtful to be able to translate to NHL top-6 duty. We need a shut-down forward. I'm not actually sure how effective Pahlsson is anymore... if he's still got *some* of the same elements from his prime years and isn't too broken down, then he could probably help us. The lower pick surrendered for something that is a pure addition and addresses a real need is ok in this case.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote