HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

something feels a little ''off'' this year...

Old
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Its weird, I've liked the depth of our team this year more than any other, but I just don't feel so attached to the team this year. It will probably pick up later.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:26 AM
pachorella

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Its weird, I've liked the depth of our team this year more than any other, but I just don't feel so attached to the team this year. It will probably pick up later.
same for me, i live the depth of our team a lot this year, but i dont know whats happening i dont feel so attached to the team this year.
oh i know why !! i have classes tuesday and thursday that ends 8:15, i live just next to my school so by 8:20 am in front of the TV. But it kills the vibe, not starting a hockey game from the start, standing up to the national anthem and getting focused and committed to the game.

pachorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:43 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Ryan White will fix all of this.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 05:44 AM
kassian

I agree.

It's like I became numb to this team. Last year I was ripping my hair out because of these constant injuries. Now it became like a normal thing and I don't feel anything.

All I want is see a full squad healthy squad (that includes the likes of Markov, Cammalleri and White) out there. Even mentioning White and Markov in the same sentence feels weird. We all know what a healthy squad would be capable of and I just don't believe we'll see them in action soon.

Last edited by kassian: 10-18-2011 at 05:51 AM.
kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:18 AM
GoodKiwi

couldn't watch a full game yet this season, so I'm in the same boat. although I think it's hockey in general that bores me now, not just the Habs.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:35 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
The recent injuries, I mean three guys down in two games, ****ing took it out of me...

But I'm still watching every game go habs go et cetera

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Crystal Met

agree with this thread
having andreas freakin engqvist as a regular is enough to turn me off.

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:26 AM
HabFan1975

For me it's not just the Habs.
I have center ice and I havnt been able to sit through a full game yet this year, simply disinterested in the game right now, Habs or not.
Maybe the F#$$%^g Bruins winning the cup has something to do with it

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:31 AM
PunkinDrublic*

The only thing i can say in response to this thread is Wow !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
For me it's not just the Habs.
I have center ice and I havnt been able to sit through a full game yet this year, simply disinterested in the game right now, Habs or not.
Maybe the F#$$%^g Bruins winning the cup has something to do with it
I was thinking about that as well, lots of older people I work with still talk about it, it really bothered them and they can't believe the Bruins won a cup before the Habs. Lots of them haven't been watching the Habs this year and are a little turned off by management. Well see what happens in the next couple of games how the team does

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I was thinking about that as well, lots of older people I work with still talk about it, it really bothered them and they can't believe the Bruins won a cup before the Habs. Lots of them haven't been watching the Habs this year and are a little turned off by management. Well see what happens in the next couple of games how the team does
I have no idea what this means H4L ?

Boston 1972
Montreal 1993

Old
10-18-2011, 07:43 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

The Bruins winning the Cup seemed to have turned many fans off to hockey at start of this season

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I have no idea what this means H4L ?

Boston 1972
Montreal 1993
I don't think they expected Boston to ever win another one, and now they that they did kinda of hurt them

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Patty Roy

Honestly i find this team to be incredibly boring.

I have yet to sit thru an entire game this season which is unheard of for me. I find the teams lack of grit disturbing. I find the uninspired play of some of our veterans to be disturbing. Just the thought of our D core makes me sick.

I don't think this team is particularly bad. Infact i think that if we can put together a healthy lineup i think we can be quite competitive. I just don't like the overall makeup. Gauthier/Martin have a vision for this team, but its not at all in line with my own personal preferences. I'm not saying i'm right, but at the end of the day sports is supposed to be entertaining and i find this current edition of the Habs to be far from entertaining.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
agree with this thread
Wow, random target there. Scouting report on him has always been solid two-way play and positioning, and that's exactly what we're getting from him in his limited duty. Despite his short-comings in speed, he always seems to disrupt a few breakouts per game, hasn't been caught out of position, and hasn't made any glaring mistakes that I can pick out. Also, he has only been on the ice for 1 of the Habs' 4 PPG against, despite spending almost 2 mins/game killing penalties. In fact, you might be surprised to learn that he's tied (with Plekanec) for the team lead in blocked shots among forwards (our smaller forwards always seem unable to get in the way of point shots, leaving everything up to Price and the defense). Add in that he has been better than Desharnais in the faceoff circle, and yeah... I've had some crow in marinade waiting for those who doubted me last year (and two years ago, even) when I said he'd crack the lineup before long.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:01 AM
number72

Agree with this. And it would be more tolerable if we had players with grit.
And a few that could or would drop the gloves to make the game a bit more enjoyable during the parts of the game that occur between periods.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

It is because we thaught we had a Stanley Cup winning team, but all pre-season and since the beginning of the season we've had alot of losses..

Half of our team looks lost in defense...even PK is having a sophmore slump and he's playing like crap right now. Gill is too slow and I can't really blame Diaz or Emelin for bad plays at this point they need some time to do the NHL transition.

I think Emelin is playing REALLY good lately I am very impressed with what I see maybe because I had low expectations of him I didn't want to over hype him.

Cammy got injured and so did Spacek from the start. It was a perfect FML moment.

Markov is still in ghost mode.

Gomez did not really get any better. He does a couple of good plays here and there but as far as being BETTER than last season I Think he's far from that lol. Same **** Different Season.

DD is way too over hyped to the point where some idiots here are saying that he could be a potential 2nd line center? man where do you guys come up with this stuff??? I wanna have what you're smoking!

And my boy Price...well Price needs to step up his game and close his legs more often his 5-hole has been terrible this season.

JM has alot of tweaking to do and we're gonna be good to go. I just think that we had really high expectations at the off-season and now that we're sucking people are like... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
gusfring

The fans are starting to take the personality of the coach...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:34 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
It is because we thaught we had a Stanley Cup winning team, but all pre-season and since the beginning of the season we've had alot of losses..

Half of our team looks lost in defense...even PK is having a sophmore slump and he's playing like crap right now. Gill is too slow and I can't really blame Diaz or Emelin for bad plays at this point they need some time to do the NHL transition.

I think Emelin is playing REALLY good lately I am very impressed with what I see maybe because I had low expectations of him I didn't want to over hype him.

Cammy got injured and so did Spacek from the start. It was a perfect FML moment.

Markov is still in ghost mode.

Gomez did not really get any better. He does a couple of good plays here and there but as far as being BETTER than last season I Think he's far from that lol. Same **** Different Season.

DD is way too over hyped to the point where some idiots here are saying that he could be a potential 2nd line center? man where do you guys come up with this stuff??? I wanna have what you're smoking!

And my boy Price...well Price needs to step up his game and close his legs more often his 5-hole has been terrible this season.

JM has alot of tweaking to do and we're gonna be good to go. I just think that we had really high expectations at the off-season and now that we're sucking people are like... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Really ? 1-2-1 is sucking ? I think that moreso the problem is we have WAY to many bandwagon fans. And a lot of them are here at HF.

Old
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
dutchy29

Don't forget the fact the Bruins won the cup. That took a lot of wind out of my sails. Also yeah back in the early 2000s we had crap teams but it had only been a few years since our last cup so I think we could deal with it, but now it seems like its been just a decade of status quo, management has never signed that big center who can score and handle himself, we have been icing a small, small team for years and years, and injuries are one thing but in the case of Markov who IMO, (if healthy) was moving up to one of the top 5 d-men in the league, its just depressing. On top of that I strongly feel with all the access sports teams have to MRI, CT scan, PRO trainers etc. we should have been able to run Markov thru a battery of tests before signing him to see it hes even able to return to pro hockey. It seems as though we are being poorly run right now, and to be honest I miss Gainey.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:47 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
couldn't watch a full game yet this season, so I'm in the same boat. although I think it's hockey in general that bores me now, not just the Habs.
JEEZUS! Dudes! This is a bloody funeral march! Is someone putting something in the water in MTL? I'm in Asia, and I'm gagging just to see a full Habs game. Come on guys. Yeah we might not win the cup, but it's the HABS.

Heloo? Heloo? Anyone home? (Echos) This is like a sci fi film where everyone except you becomes a zombie. You guys there?

Soylent green is people!

Come on guys...there's lots to be interested in, our young guys especially.

Heloooo? (Eerie echos...)

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Surrounding yourself in negativity negatively affects your enjoyment of the game.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Jigger77

I agree Coolasprice. But for me it's been since the summer.

When we didn't re-sign Wiz and Hamrlik I had that feeling we'd be in for a long season. I admired Gauthier for throwing the bank at Markov and sticking with him but personally I would have tried to retain those two instead. Still early so I might still eat these words.

I really, really miss Wiz. He wasn't the best defensively granted, but he was exciting, played with an edge and showed up every game. Not to mention he was deadly on the PP with that shot and invisible stick.

People's expectations of Emelin worried me, the constant bashing of Gomez and JM just takes the wind out of me.

Then when the injuries started piling up I just started to not get that feeling I get every year when we rally around injuries and pull through.

I hate to say this, but looking at teams like Buffalo, Philly, TB, Pittsburgh, Washington I feel they all improved. I look at Buffalo's defense and I think how in the world are we supposed to compete against that with our rookie D. Hell, even Toronto looks strong right now. I just don't know if this is a playoff team.

One thing I do like is our forwards though. We have a good blend of strong young players and veterans, 3 lines that can score.

I just don't know if we'll be able to keep the puck out of out net though and the way Price is getting run really worries me.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Aeneas

to be honest i was pumped for hockey to start, its not a dazzling start to the year but i still get excited watching the games, i love ma habs!

however i wouldn't disagree with the opposite opinions i see posted, all valid explanations

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
agree with this thread
I agree. I feel the same way.
The issue I have is that we have too many "passengers".

What exactly do Enqvsit, Palushaj, Desharnais, etc all provide to the team? They are soft as butter and contribute nothing.

Heck, Mr. Enqvsit is 6'5 and doesn't touch a soul. He plays about 5'5 on the ice. Extremely infuriating.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote